IGNORED

Does anyone knows where to get an Atari Jr. shell

Kiwi

Long story short, a bratty cat knocked the Atari Jr off the table and landed on the floor cracking the case. Does anyone knows where to get a new Atari Jr plastic shell?

LOL. I kinda need one, too. Well, I really just need to somehow fix the broken cartrigde guide/prong that I have on a used one I picked up in a lot.

Probably don't want to hear this, but, unless you're lucky enough to find a non-working 2600 Jr. at the flea market or whatever, better off just getting another new one.I have never seen myself any Jr's at the flea market, they seem a little less common.I say be patient, you never know what you'll run into.I myself have run into tons of stuff at the flea or thrift shop just by waiting.When i LEAST expect it, i find what i've been looking for, that i otherwise considered buying off Ebay, and all for a lot less money!Just this week i found For Colecovision in the wild, Defender, Star Wars(The Arcade Game),Sewer Sam, and Space Panic all for $8.00!!!!!!!!!, no need for Ebay :thumbsup:

Edited by Rik

Long story short, a bratty cat knocked the Atari Jr off the table and landed on the floor cracking the case. Does anyone knows where to get a new Atari Jr plastic shell?

LOL. I kinda need one, too. Well, I really just need to somehow fix the broken cartridge guide/prong that I have on a used one I picked up in a lot.

Apparently the 2600 Jr works OK with just one of the cartrige guides/prongs ... at least on everything I've tried thus far.

My Atari jr may have broken recently, so you could buy it's hide if I can't fix it. The case is still in relatively good condition, no big marks or excess of dirt but the screws are missing (replacements are not hard to find and I could include some from my box of screws)

My Atari jr may have broken recently, so you could buy it's hide if I can't fix it. The case is still in relatively good condition, no big marks or excess of dirt but the screws are missing (replacements are not hard to find and I could include some from my box of screws)

The top shell is the only piece is cracked, and can be taken off. All 5 screws are still in place, holding piece of the plastic that was snapped off the shell, so I have the screws. I'll post some pictures, my soulmate will send me picture of it. I'll consider buying it from you if you couldn't get the atari jr working. I'm thinking of trying to rebuild it.

Here are the picture.

post-24767-128981016159_thumb.jpg

The crack. I tried to increase the brightness without increasing the brightness of the center. That's why there's a unimportant rectangular box

post-24767-128981017097_thumb.jpg

Here's a side shot of the crack. The screws are holding the plastic mold but the molds are not attached to the unit.

post-24767-128981023305_thumb.jpg

Here's a picture of the innard. Luckily the silver box is protecting the CPU as it should!

post-24767-128981073009_thumb.jpg

It still works, even the reset and select button works.

I'm thinking of saving the metal and the on/off black/white reset select bar. Then replace the plastic thing with wood.

Edited by Kiwi

Here are the picture.

post-24767-128981016159_thumb.jpg

The crack. I tried to increase the brightness without increasing the brightness of the center. That's why there's a unimportant rectangular box

post-24767-128981017097_thumb.jpg

Here's a side shot of the crack. The screws are holding the plastic mold but the molds are not attached to the unit.

post-24767-128981023305_thumb.jpg

Here's a picture of the innard. Luckily the silver box is protecting the CPU as it should!

post-24767-128981073009_thumb.jpg

It still works, even the reset and select button works.

I'm thinking of saving the metal and the on/off black/white reset select bar. Then replace the plastic thing with wood.

Hey,

I have a very nice shell.Top and bottom,even the face plate looks good.If you want it,$15.00 shipped

let me know

Here are the picture.

Hey,

I have a very nice shell.Top and bottom,even the face plate looks good.If you want it,$15.00 shipped

let me know

Thanks

PM'd you my information.

Try doing that with any modern console; it'd probably be dead and useless.

My Wii took a heavy fall on to a carpeted wooden floor and it still works. Thanks goodness Nintendo spend more money on the DVD drive to make it durable. Not sure about the Xbox 360 though.

Edited by Kiwi

Try doing that with any modern console; it'd probably be dead and useless.

My Wii took a heavy fall on to a carpeted wooden floor and it still works. Thanks goodness Nintendo spend more money on the DVD drive to make it durable. Not sure about the Xbox 360 though.

If you sneeze on a PS3 it breaks.

I've got my Atari 2600(s) working again so unfortunately we cannot disect them for thier parts.

Wow, that's a nasty crack.It still works!!!!!I myself in all honesty could live with something like that, shows character.I would show it off to everyone and brag about how these old classic consoles were built like tanks.Like some have already said, drop something like that today and it's history, that's pretty much guaranteed.

Apparently the 2600 Jr works OK with just one of the cartrige guides/prongs ... at least on everything I've tried thus far.

The Atari 2600 from my experience, when I tried to insert a pacman game without it shell. It wouldn't go in. I stuck one of the phong in the hole and I was able to insert the circuit board of Pacman into the cartridge slot. I think one of phong snapped off and got stuck inside your atari jr phong slot. You could examine it very closely and see if something in that hole. You could turn the Jr. upside down and shake it to see if you can loosen the piece from it.

Apparently the phongs are there to hold open the very small cartridge door so the circuitboard would be inserted. It is this way to prevent dust from entering the cartridge slot.

Hopes my information helps.

That is one poor looking 2600 Jr. :ponder:

Juniors are cheap enough to find so would probably be better just to get another one, unless the damaged one has sentimental value. You sometimes see people selling job lots of 4 or 5 faulty ones on ebay for next to nothing, that would be a good way to get your working but damaged Jr. up to scratch again.