IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Top-Scores Database

Austin

That is my submission. icon_mrgreen.gif

I think it's been agreed so far that it will only be appropriate to take new scores submitted specifically for the HSC here. The video is from a year and a half ago. If you want to play again and submit another one, you're more than welcome to. :)

Fixed GKC's time for Checkered Flag. BTW, GKC, since you're on a Checkered Flag kick and apparently kick-ass at the game, feel free to submit times for other tracks as well so we can get the CF portion filled up. I don't think anyone else here will have the stomach for any more of that game. ;) :) Just go by the same settings/rules as found in the last round for CF.

Fixed GKC's time for Checkered Flag. BTW, GKC, since you're on a Checkered Flag kick and apparently kick-ass at the game, feel free to submit times for other tracks as well so we can get the CF portion filled up. I don't think anyone else here will have the stomach for any more of that game. ;) :) Just go by the same settings/rules as found in the last round for CF.

:rolling:

I don't know how truly good I am at that game, I got lucky once though :lolblue:

It gives me a reason to play the game again so I will give some other tracks a go.

• Like 1

I wasn't sure where Austin wanted me to post some of these times but I figured here would be okay. Let me know Austin if you want it somewhere else.

This is "The Hole" with all the same settings as the Checkered Flag HSC round. It's a very beatable score as I never got a perfect lap (this one I messed up on the final straigh-away :x ).

This game gets a lot of bad rep but I have never played a racing game that has a more gratifying feeling after finishing a single turn flawlessly.... This may be a bad thing though that something that should be so simple could be so gratifying :D

Anyways my score: 19:2 - The Hole

post-27652-129116764066_thumb.jpg

Edited by GKC
  • Like 1

Do I get a participation point? :D

Oh and my highscore was actually higher, but I kept dying on this one level and didn't realize you lose 500 points each time you die! Ah well.

Oh I also have a good idea about the high score database. Ok so if someone submits a score, they get 1 point, but say if another member submits a better score, how about they get 1 point and the previous high scorer gets their point taken away?

And to put good use to my long dead and empty Jag HSC threads I made a while back, we can put non high score, scores in those threads just for records keeping sake since we can only have the high score in this thread?

• Like 1

There's no need to bump old threads for this purpose, just leave the scores here. As far as the participation point, that's exactly what it is--a participation point. It would be defeating the purpose of giving out participation points for this if I eventually took them away from people.

ok its cool I forgot that since I created all those old topics I can still edit them heh. :) So i dont have to bump them. My worry was that people will spend their time playing a game to get a highscore for this database, but if another comes along and beats the score then the old highscore will be lost forever and that person will have basically wasted their time. So my point was I would like to put the non high scores in my old topics :) i wont bump them ill just edit the OP in each one. Though I know there wont hardly be anyone even submitting high scores any way.. lol.

Ehem and you still didnt give me a participation point dude :roll:

;)

Edited by kevincal
  • Like 1

ok its cool I forgot that since I created all those old topics I can still edit them heh. :) So i dont have to bump them. My worry was that people will spend their time playing a game to get a highscore for this database, but if another comes along and beats the score then the old highscore will be lost forever and that person will have basically wasted their time. So my point was I would like to put the non high scores in my old topics :) i wont bump them ill just edit the OP in each one. Though I know there wont hardly be anyone even submitting high scores any way.. lol.

Ehem and you still didnt give me a participation point dude :roll:

;)

Right, I was out at dinner and on my phone.. wasn't about to edit the thread then. I've added the point now though. You are up to 24 points total.

How the participation points will work in regards to this thread, essentially anyone that submits a winning score will receive a participation point. If someone else comes along later and beats that score, then they will also receive one. No participation points will be given for scores that don't out-do old ones, so people shouldn't bother posting them.

Atari Karts Fast Laps & Race Times:

Challenge = Jaguar Aces / Kart = Miracle Man

Tempest Cup

Track 1 - Lap = 10"40 / Race = 0'59"30

Track 2 - Lap = 08"80 / Race = 0'49"70

Track 3 - Lap = 12"75 / Race = 1'09"10

Track 4 - Lap = 09"85 / Race = 0'56"10

Edit your post with some photos and you will be good for these. I'd like anyone that posts something specifically for this thread to have photos. :thumbsup:

Atari Karts Fast Laps & Race Times:

Challenge = Jaguar Aces / Kart = Miracle Man

Tempest Cup

Track 1 - Lap = 10"40 / Race = 0'59"30

Track 2 - Lap = 08"80 / Race = 0'49"70

Track 3 - Lap = 12"75 / Race = 1'09"10

Track 4 - Lap = 09"85 / Race = 0'56"10

Edit your post with some photos and you will be good for these. I'd like anyone that posts something specifically for this thread to have photos. :thumbsup:

Seriously!? LOL I actually forget to take photos and figured since I'm a regular it's not like I'm going to lie about the times...

Also since this I've played Protector and got a highscore and now I'm playing Breakout 2000.

Just didn't feel like taking photos tonight I guess. Is it really a problem!?!?!?!? ........... :| I need the participation points. Don't tell me I've just wasted hours of my time cus that would suck.

PS - Atari Karts does not save fast times / laps etc. I guess I didnt feel like taking a bunch of photos cus of that, different screens etc.

Seriously!? LOL I actually forget to take photos and figured since I'm a regular it's not like I'm going to lie about the times...

Also since this I've played Protector and got a highscore and now I'm playing Breakout 2000.

Just didn't feel like taking photos tonight I guess. Is it really a problem!?!?!?!? ........... :| I need the participation points. Don't tell me I've just wasted hours of my time cus that would suck.

PS - Atari Karts does not save fast times / laps etc. I guess I didnt feel like taking a bunch of photos cus of that, different screens etc.

Why do you "need" the participation points? I mean, it's an incentive I suppose, but many of us are so on-and-off with the HSC that the points/ranking system isn't a great indicator of who is the best player.. it's just an indication of who plays the most frequently, heh. I would rather people be submitting scores here because they want to offer a real challenge for others, not because they simply want to rack up some easy points to move up on what is otherwise a meaningless list.

I will update the list with your scores, but in the future, provide photos with your submissions here. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Why do you "need" the participation points? I mean, it's an incentive I suppose, but many of us are so on-and-off with the HSC that the points/ranking system isn't a great indicator of who is the best player.. it's just an indication of who plays the most frequently, heh. I would rather people be submitting scores here because they want to offer a real challenge for others, not because they simply want to rack up some easy points to move up on what is otherwise a meaningless list.

I will update the list with your scores, but in the future, provide photos with your submissions here. :thumbsup:

I need the points because I'm a competitive person and I wanted to catch up in the standings. I didn't play in the HSC right when you took over because my mom was dying from cancer...

The standings are a combination of best player and who plays the most... I am playing to get a highscore. I got almost 2 million on AvP last night.......... The times and scores I've submitted here have taken hours of gameplay...

On a side note, I will set the Atari Karts rankings to simply fastest track times, not lap times. At least the track times are saved to the cart, so we will simply go with that.

That will work.

I can understand you demanding photos from some new member but it's pretty ridiculous that you ask me for photo proof. ;) I think everyone would agree with me.

And don't forget, you would have never even had the opportunity to run the Jag HSC if it wasn't for me handing over the duties to someone else.

Edited by kevincal

I need the points because I'm a competitive person and I wanted to catch up in the standings. The standings are a combination of best player and who plays the most... I am playing to get a highscore. I got almost 2 million on AvP last night.......... The times and scores I've submitted here have taken hours of gameplay...

All right.. Suit yourself. :thumbsup:

I can understand you demanding photos from some new member but it's pretty ridiculous that you ask me for photo proof. ;) I think everyone would agree with me.

I don't find it the slightest bit ridiculous, and I don't think anyone cares how far any one of us has been around the block in this scene or forum. Post a photo with your scores for this thread in particular, or don't bother making submissions for this thread. :thumbsup:

Protector - Medium Difficulty

Breakout 2000 - Classic Mode

Kev, I let you slide on that last one only, not these.. *hint hint*

• Like 1

I need the points because I'm a competitive person and I wanted to catch up in the standings. The standings are a combination of best player and who plays the most... I am playing to get a highscore. I got almost 2 million on AvP last night.......... The times and scores I've submitted here have taken hours of gameplay...

All right.. Suit yourself. :thumbsup:

I don't find it the slightest bit ridiculous, and I don't think anyone cares how far any one of us has been around the block in this scene or forum. Post a photo with your scores for this thread in particular, or don't bother making submissions for this thread. :thumbsup:

Protector - Medium Difficulty

Breakout 2000 - Classic Mode

Kev, I let you slide on that last one only, not these.. *hint hint*

Um, you let anyone submit a score in the Jag HSC without a photo, but all of a sudden you demand photos from me? LOL :roll:

Do you REALLY think I'm a liar? This is some bs... :|

Um, you let anyone submit a score in the Jag HSC without a photo, but all of a sudden you demand photos from me? LOL :roll:

Again, specifically for this thread and list, I would like photo verification (I will make an edit to the main post stating so). I don't want people spamming away scores for this thing and I'm sure they understand. Keep in mind I am asking this of everyone, not just you.

Regarding no photos in standard HSC rounds, I have made it clear in a recent thread that I prefer photos for those that obtain abnormally high scores (For instance, save2600 scores in the PF thread). This erases any kind of doubt I (and anyone else) may have.

I don't recall saying that and I think I have made it pretty clear as to what I am looking for in this thread.

• Like 1

Again, specifically for this thread and list, I would like photo verification (I will make an edit to the main post stating so). I don't want people spamming away scores for this thing and I'm sure they understand. Keep in mind I am asking this of everyone, not just you.

Regarding no photos in standard HSC rounds, I have made it clear in a recent thread that I prefer photos for those that obtain abnormally high scores (For instance, save2600 scores in the PF thread). This erases any kind of doubt I (and anyone else) may have.

I don't recall saying that and I think I have made it pretty clear as to what I am looking for in this thread.

You are being a back stabber dude and its not cool. making rules up as you go. I dont appreciate spending hours playing games to get highscores and you call me a fuckin lying spammer and refuse to put my scores up. you didnt say it directly but i can read between the lines. you are totally out of line. Whatever go ahead and be on a power trip but its pretty damned laughable. it boils down to you dont want to see my name all over your precious little database huh? :D

ive been at atari age since 2003 a hell of a lot longer than you and i was doing the jag hsc longer than you til this point. you are doing a good job but you are being totally disrespectful to me. it aint cool. you should only require photo verification for new members with less than 100 posts or something and we dont have any of those playing here so why dont you just chill the hell out with the photo verify thing.

im a long standing and well liked member in the jag community ask anybody i been around a long time. i dont need photo verify for shit... :roll: you are abusing your little power.

Kevin you are being a dick, sorry.

Austin is sticking by the rules that everyone agreed and if he lets one person off then all the other people who take part are going to get pissed off.

I am good friends with Austin and I have been part of this community since 2003, host Jagfest UK and I am a mod on several forums but he still busted my chops when I forgot to post a photo recently. He was right to that and I told him not to count my score, dude seriously just grow up. Its really not that hard to take a crappy photo on your phone, especially when 90% of Jag games save the score anyway.

• Like 3