IGNORED

HSC7 Game 20: Pole Position

I'm posting this early so you can all get organised, plus I'm not around for a few days... Donkey Kong is extended until Thu 9th. Everyone welcome to play :!:

Pole Position

Game closes: Monday 27th Dec 10am GMT

Atari (ROM) or Datasoft (ATR) versions. You'll need to form teams of 3. I'm thinking of the following people being team captains (am hoping you will all take part) Goochman, atariksi, divya16, Fandal, and me therealbountybob, but you can form your own teams :ponder: Post here to get say you're in and to get organised (or message each other) Don't forget to come up with a team name too guys :idea:

Post #230 has all the team details and latest scoreboard.

I'll take sloopy as he made the offer and how about you littleman jack :?:

Each team member must drive at least two races, (with a different driver in races F and G):

[Easy]

A - 1 Lap Monaco GP (Malibu GP)

B - 2 Laps Monaco GP (Malibu GP)

[Medium]

C - 2 Laps Namco Speedway

D - 4 Laps Namco Speedway

E - 8 Laps Namco Speedway

[Harder]

F - 8 Laps on Atari GP (Datasoft 500)

G - 8 Laps on Atari GP (Datasoft 500)

Rules

PAL drivers will be docked 600 pts for race A and 500 points per completed lap on other races to even things out a bit. Declare yourself as PAL or NTSC, if you are an emulator user then you can choose, preference is to only use PAL if you really struggle at the game! Teams can have mixed PAL & NTSC drivers. You have to do the qualifying lap then the race laps above, press select(F3) and option(F4) to set these.

Scoring

'Total Team Points' used to rank teams from 1st=14pts, 2nd 12pts, 3rd 10pts etc

plus the winner of each race A-E earns a 1pt team bonus. Races F & G are one race.

An Additional * Bonus Point * will be awarded for the fastest qualifying time on the Atari GP/Datasoft 500 All drivers can post :)

When the competition is over each team's score will be converted to HSC points and it's members will each score that, plus the winners of each race will receive an additional 1 bonus HSC point.

Atarimania rating 7.7

wow, usually i am picked last, i dunno what to say, i was picked first, its an honor i am not used to... :')

guess this means i will have to actually try and play, and not play when i am testing someones machine i am repairing...

sloopy.

Looks good! I have this one.

You n sloop can come up with the team name :)

Well, sloop fixes machines, and I do as well. I'm quite often called upon to resurrect PCs at work and among friends and relatives. We could go with something about rescue or fixing. Any ideas?

Edited by littleman jack

I still like the 2600 version best.

Hey 4Ks are you jumping the start, was this a DK score :?: ;)

Uups, guess I should read the rules. :lol:

Anyway, I'll take whoever wants me on their team.

My advice would be to say the 20K was for DK ;)

rr

You can decide on who does what in each team. It'd be helpful if someone from each team could post a summary every so often :thumbsup:

I hear bluecat may be forming a team with Gwobby and Mopchop :D

I guess I can take you on my team. 4K sounds like the number of colors on the Amiga. This reminds me-- Mr. Amiga wanted Pole Position as well so maybe I can take him on my team. Is he listening?

And what do you mean by each team member runs two races with a *different driver*?

Didn't think you can change drivers in Pole Position.

Chips are Down Racing? i dunno, name of the team isnt that big a deal to me, the score by the team are...

pick the races you want and i will take what ever is left...

i have this on cart, and i can play on emu with a cx-40 :')

so if i play an * race, i will do it on both NTSC/PAL, and post the higher adjusted score...

sloopy.

Edited by sloopy

Are there still racers requierd?

I'm new into this... and I would like to experience the HSC competition on real atari 8bit equipment.

I'm on a PAL 800XL. let's see me as a "newbie" in Pole Position. I know the game, played it in the past rather much, but the last 10 years I did not touch the game.

I really hope I can join a team!

Let me know (though messenger if you want)

Greetz

Marius

I could do races A, D, and G. What do you two think? Is that too much?

am now away til Thu, if u two wanna have a go at any/all of them i'll have a crack at F or G and one other when I get back. I think you can make a more amusing name wackey races style!

sort teams and get things rolling whenever you like folks ;)

If anyone ends up not in a team, post some scores and as players appear you can form a team afterwards.

checkout the vote for end of season finale too :!:

I guess I can take you on my team. 4K sounds like the number of colors on the Amiga. This reminds me-- Mr. Amiga wanted Pole Position as well so maybe I can take him on my team. Is he listening?

And what do you mean by each team member runs two races with a *different driver*?

Didn't think you can change drivers in Pole Position.

Cool.

And I think he means that each of the three members of the team runs a different race mode. For example, Mr. Amiga could race tracks A and B (easy mode), I could race C, D , and E (medium), and you could do F and G (hard). We each race our assigned tracks and try to get the highest score, and our combined score is counted as out team score. Am I right?

Are there still racers requierd?

I'm new into this... and I would like to experience the HSC competition on real atari 8bit equipment.

I'm on a PAL 800XL. let's see me as a "newbie" in Pole Position. I know the game, played it in the past rather much, but the last 10 years I did not touch the game.

I really hope I can join a team!

Let me know (though messenger if you want)

Greetz

Marius

If Mr. Amiga doesn't show, you can be on my team. We'll give him until tomorrow evening to show up.

I dunno could we have another team if we get another 3? I don't play 8-bit HSC much but I DO love me some PP.

he was just making suggestions for captains etc, find two people and call it a team, and your good...

sloopy.

TEAMS?? It's bad enough having to be a "team player" to get a job these days. Why is everything "teams" now? I'm not a "team player". I refuse to be a "team player"! You know how The Road Warrior got killed?? He went from being a loner to joining a team of settlers. He would have been perfectly fine if he stayed "a shell of a man", roaming the desert in his V8 Interceptor with his mangy dog. Yeah, that's right. Teamwork killed him! There's no way I'm getting myself killed playing "Team Pole Position"!