IGNORED

I have my Aquarius computer, and what now?

lucifershalo

I have received my Aquarius computer, pal one with scart cable

surprise the guy included a Night Stalker cart and keyboard overlay

I suppose it is the most common one

and it is kind of fun

I thought the games were going to be lame

I ordered the soon to be released multicart

but what now?

are there cassette game programs that I can load into my computer as wav?

If you look around in the file archives at the Aquarius newsgroup (you'll need to be a member to access them), you'll find quite a few cassette titles. You'll also find the Virtual Aquarius emulator, which has many of these titles bundled with it, and also includes several utilities for converting the cassette images (.CAQ files) into .WAV files. I've never done this, but I believe you can play these into an Aquarius using a Data Recorder cable (or a homemade equivalent) directly from your PC sound card, without having to transfer them to tape first.

Night Stalker is indeed the most common of the Aquarius games, but it's also a good one. I've never seen a PAL Aquarius, and I'd love to get my hands on one someday. If you have the time, would you mind posting some pictures of your Aquarius? I'd especially like to see the connectors on the back.

EDIT: I found a copy of Virtual Aquarius in my files, so to save you the trouble of looking for it, I've attached it here:

VirtualAquarius.zip

Get yourself the expander module and 2 control pads that comes with it if you don't already have 'em. They're simply a 'must have' for the Aquarius.

And I bet some of those games on cassette will be expecting some extra RAM too...

Edited by save2600