IGNORED

FA: 15 CIB Coleco Games - My Auction

SpaceDice2010

Hello to everyone here on Atari Age.

My name is Josh and although I don't post as often in Atari Age, I desperately need your help.

On Ebay my ID is "littlemanboy". I recently won "retrogamingdepot"'s (a.k.a. SpaceDice2010) Colecovision 15 game lot auction. I was really happy as I've been searching for a few of those games for some time, as well as eying it out for some time, thanks to the AA link.

In the morning, when I was about to pay, he sends me a "cancellation" request because, as he states "The seller sold the item to another buyer.". This infuriated me, because he was supposed to honor his transaction and not sell to an outside party, as per Ebay rules. I denied/refused his cancellation and sent payment anyway, with a little note about my address, since I live in PR.

A note about Puerto Rico: many sellers incorrectly think PR is international when it isn't. I don't know why this is, but PR uses the same methods as in the US, as well as the same pricing. It's all EXACTLY the same! A letter is 44 cents...Priority shipping rates via domestic are the same...it's the same 100%! It's not international...no need for extra fees, etc. So there really is no issue. In fact, my zip code is 00956, and using a Large Flat Rate Priority Mail box:

http://postcalc.usps.gov/MailServices.aspx?m=6&p=5&o=0&dz=00956&oz=14008&pob=0&MailingDate=12/14/2010&MailingTime=8:00%20AM

As stated in the link, PR is calculated as "Domestic Shipping", and rates are the same as in the US...for a Large Priority Mail box, the cost is just that: $14.50!

Why am I stating this? Because yesterday I received a message from the seller, SpaceDice2010/retrogamingdepot) stating that he was apprehensive in shipping to PR because it was not part of the US...that he almost always had issues sending items here, which I found very odd. This is the exact message sent to me from the seller/AA member:

"Hi. The main problem that I have with this transaction is that I only ship to the lower 48 states. I was asked to put Canada as an option and I did very reluctantly. I do not ship to APO/FPO, Hawaii, Alaska, or Puerto Rico. Almost every item that I have shipped there has been an issue. Even this transaction is wrong as Ebay's shipping calculator never gives anywhere near the correct shipping amount.

There is no way that I can complete this transaction as from past experience I have only had problems shipping outside the 48 states."

First thing that irks me is the "48 States" portion, which I talked about above. The second thing that makes me wonder is this: if he was willing to ship to Europe at cost, why not PR? He states that he has had "an issue" with every package sent to PR, which I put in doubt. In this case, I am willing to work with him 100%, even sending MORE money to cover extra costs (I paid for expedited shipping, which was nearly $20, yet I am willing to send MORE for USPS Insurance and Signature Confirmation). I am willing to help out any way I can, he is a bit paranoid about PR, overgeneralizing from his supposed "past experiences". If this is true, I totally understand, but that does not mean every transaction is going to end up in trouble, as many who know me, here and on Digital Press, know.

Here is the message I sent as my reply:

"Hi. I totally understand, however there is no need to worry as PR is a US territory and shipping is exactly the same as that as in the US. In fact, if you like, I can send you an extra amount for USPS Insurance AND Signature Confirmation as an added layer of protection. It's a classic misconception that many sellers think PR is international when it isn't because it'a categorized as a US territory. In fact, the games can be sent via USPS Large Flat Rate Priority Mail (which is the nearly $20 for "Expedited" for around $15, and I am offering to send a few bucks more for USPS Insurance and Signature Confirmation, even though the $5 that are left over should cover it. With me, that's dandy and perfectly ok, as I am willing to make sure everything turns out perfect. There is no neeed to worry, and I understand that you are scared, but don't worry, as I am here to help out any way I can. Any questions, feel free to contact me. Thanks and take care! -Josh"

As of now, I've yet to receive a response from the seller, SpaceDice2010/retrogamingdepot.

SpaceDice2010, I am not a bad person. I am here to help out 100% in any way, shape or form. I understand that if you did have issues in the past with non CONUS members, that you shouldn't generalize that every transaction will turn out bad. In this case, it's turning out the wrong way because of your paranoia, as I am willing to do anything to help out. I even offered sending more for USPS Insurance/Signature Confirmation, even though shipping in a Large Flat Rate box will be less than $15, leaving around $5 extra from the original nearly $20 sent for expedited shipping. Shipping amount is more than enough, yet I'm willing to send more, atleast $4 for the services stated previously.

SpaceDice2010, as a fellow AA member and video game collector, help me.

Fellow AA members, what recourse do I have in this situation? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, from the bottom of my heart,

Josh

• Like 2