IGNORED

Atari 5200 Ultimate SD Cartridge Project Update

classics

I was just saying that if it came with preloaded carts or supported Bounty Bob, the price (of $125) would be fine. I'm not sure what it comes with as I am still using original carts with my system.

If I still had a 5200, I'd probably spring for the SD version for those same reasons. Those with less of a budget, though, might be able to at least afford a used USB version once the SD version becomes available.

I hinted at it before, but its pretty much settled at this point that the 5200 SD multi-cart will come with ALL of the 5200 conversions I've done previously, which is a pretty long list. This includes the ones that were only released on the rom multi-cart or as separate carts such as Demon Attack.

All of the conversions were standard 32K carts, so you will be able to download them to play on the USB cart as well, or in an emulator.

The SD cart does play Bounty Bob Strikes Back, and MULE and supports a few other bank switching methods.

More extras will include at least one brand new 32K conversion, and possibly a larger conversion, which is looking like it may be complete in time.

I've also purchased the rights to a 5200 homebrew from its author so that the full version can be included with each kit as a bonus. This deal is complete, but the title will be announced at the time of release.

Things are still coming together slowly and a few more things may be in the works. I'll try to post a more complete list as things begin to solidify behind the scenes. :)

Steve

I Recieved my SD 5200 cart, where can I download the xl conversions from?

Thanks

Robert Miller

This should contain all the missing 5200 conversions that were only available on the ROM multi-cart.

If anyone wants to help by collecting the others and posting them here feel free. :-)

This file combined with the previously released 5200 ports should cover all of the 5200 ports I can release.

Steve

Atarimax_ROM_Multicart_Conversions.zip

• Like 3

This should contain all the missing 5200 conversions that were only available on the ROM multi-cart.

If anyone wants to help by collecting the others and posting them here feel free. :-)

This file combined with the previously released 5200 ports should cover all of the 5200 ports I can release.

Steve

Heck yeah! Demon Attack! Thanks, dude. Best weekend ever.

Now all we need is M.U.L.E., and we'll be all set.

Steve

Giant kudos to you Steve, chomping to get mine in the mail.

This one?

I haven't had time to try it on the 5200 SD cart yet but I think it should work.

Mitch

It works. PLayed it many times on the SD cart.

Allan

I do not remember where I downloaded it from. :ponder:

I think Steve may have posted it somewhere, maybe on the AtariMax forums.

I'm glad it works though.

Mitch

This one?

I haven't had time to try it on the 5200 SD cart yet but I think it should work.

Mitch

It works. PLayed it many times on the SD cart.

Allan

I do not remember where I downloaded it from. :ponder:

I think Steve may have posted it somewhere, maybe on the AtariMax forums.

I'm glad it works though.

Mitch

I can also confirm that it works. I played it a little bit before Wrestlemania last night but didn't get to post about it until just now this morning. Thanks again :)

Playing around with the cart now. Pressing 1 while on a rom name says it's looking for the accompanying screen shot I believe? Do they work, and if so what's the format?

The images supported should be Micropainter/Koala .PIC format.

I'll attach a few examples. Selecting them in the on-screen menu should display them, then return you to the menu.

If they are named the same as a ROM image and placed in the Images folder, you can quick select them as described above.

Steve

Images.zip

Oops, in the archive I posted there are some conversions that were done by Ken. They are all previously released but I didn't want to seem to be taking credit for his work.

His conversions that got included in the ZIP archive are:

Satan's Hollow

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Jr

Up n' Down

Preppie

Jumpman Jr

Captain Beeble

Analog Multi-Cart

Steve

Thanks for releasing those they rock!, The Sd Flash cart rocks too!

All these conversions are fantastic!

There is a major problem with FAST EDDIE. You can't jump in place. He will always jump forward.

Also, if a ladder spans more than 1 level. You can't get off on the middle floor. You can only go all the way up or all the way down a ladder.

I loaded up FE on my a8 just to make sure. In the a8 version you can jump in place and climb a ladder 1 floor at a time.

Please fix this, its a great game!!

Also, will the SD cart support Trak-ball in a software upgrade? Centipede lets you plug the TB in after the game is started, but Millipede doesn't.

Edited by Official Ninja

Millipede works with the Trak-Ball for me. Fast Eddie jumps forward for me too, though once when I pressed the Start button on the opening of the game, the 5200 actually crashed.

How did you launch Millipede from the SD cart with the trak-ball?

I was able to scroll down with the ball, but it wasnt easy. I could only scroll down and if I passed what I was looking for I had to restart the 5200.

However when I did launch Millipede with the trak-ball plugged in before launching, it worked great. If I used the joystick to launch the game and then remove it and plug the trak-ball in after the game had started, it wouldn't work.

The trak-ball can't be in port 2, can it?

Millipede works with the Trak-Ball for me. Fast Eddie jumps forward for me too, though once when I pressed the Start button on the opening of the game, the 5200 actually crashed.

How did you launch Millipede from the SD cart with the trak-ball?

I was able to scroll down with the ball, but it wasnt easy. I could only scroll down and if I passed what I was looking for I had to restart the 5200.

However when I did launch Millipede with the trak-ball plugged in before launching, it worked great. If I used the joystick to launch the game and then remove it and plug the trak-ball in after the game had started, it wouldn't work.

The trak-ball can't be in port 2, can it?

Use the '2' '4' '6' and '8' keys on the trackball to scroll the menu. Then hit the fire button to select the game.

Allan