IGNORED

Relief Pitcher Coming Soon! Ver. 05/19/94

Willard

Buddybuddies and I are happy to announce the upcoming release of Relief Pitcher Version 5.19.94 for the Lynx! This game will be made available alongside hotdog (around the 14th or so) if everything works out. The cost will be $35 for a packaged copy. We will be making 25 of them available to start, and may produce more in the future if there is sufficient demand.

Attached is a test review of an EARLIER version. The version we are releasing contains some fixes (for example, if you look in the Atariage database for screenshots you will see light blue uniforms, our version uses dark blue uniforms so that the players do not blend in with the stadium).

Also attached are a few screenshots.

LYNX RULES!

Test Doc.RTF

post-3404-129218395141_thumb.jpg

Edited by Willard
  • Like 2

@108 Stars: Yes, there is a 3D Mode-7ish effect in the game. There is also a bit of speech so overall it is a pretty impressive game on the lynx. The game is not too difficult to learn but we only made a few taking into consideration there may not be a lot of foreign buyers. I am not a big fan of watching baseball but playing it is pretty fun :)

@Eric: We had someone look into it and there appears to be no save feature present in the code. The game does not seem to save either (i did not notice a score table or anything). So the board does not save.

Edited by Willard

COOL! I hope this takes the bad taste out of my mouth left by Baseball Heroes! :thumbsup:

Baseball Heroes isn't that bad! Sure, it has its glitches, which you noted in your Atari Times review, but it's still a fairly solid baseball game, with outstanding graphics. I haven't played Relief Pitcher but it appears that only some, but not all, of the bugs that are listed in the attachment to the first post have been fixed, which means that RP will have its share of rough spots, just like BH.

In any case, I hope you enjoy RP when it's released!

Unfort. the shipping status on the boards has not changed for about 6 days, so I do not think they will be here for an announcement on the 14th. I am guessing an 18th or 20th release on all games is more probable, but it really depends on when the stuff arrives.

@Eric, you're right, the game does not let you play a full season. One mode just lets you show up at random points in various games. A newspaper displays after you complete your appearance with headlines reflecting your performance. The other mode lets you play one full game (as the pitcher when pitching and batter when batting).

I do not have two lynxes so I am unable to test comlynx support, the test report mentions it so it is most likely a feature in the game.

I am going to put up a video on wednesday or thursday for poker and relief pitcher so that they can be seen firsthand.

Edited by Willard

Unfort. the shipping status on the boards has not changed for about 6 days, so I do not think they will be here for an announcement on the 14th. I am guessing an 18th or 20th release on all games is more probable, but it really depends on when the stuff arrives.

@Eric, you're right, the game does not let you play a full season. One mode just lets you show up at random points in various games. A newspaper displays after you complete your appearance with headlines reflecting your performance. The other mode lets you play one full game (as the pitcher when pitching and batter when batting).

I do not have two lynxes so I am unable to test comlynx support, the test report mentions it so it is most likely a feature in the game.

I am going to put up a video on wednesday or thursday for poker and relief pitcher so that they can be seen firsthand.

Thanks for the response!! :)

I can't wait to try it out... it sounds like fun

(Sidenote... I wonder if there are more complete versions of RP out there....)