IGNORED

Rom Hunter's V6 Old Era Collection Now Online

Rom Hunter

http://www.atarimania.com/rom_collection_archive_atari_2600_roms.html

Also included is a map of 1977-1992 NTSC versions of PAL originals.

No post 1992 conversions, though (I want to keep it clean), but you can download these here:

http://www.atariage.com/software_conversions.html

and here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/146775-pal-ntsc-conversions/page__p__1789452#entry1789452

BTW: It would be great if Albert could move these last conversions to the Conversions list.

And if you're interested in the latest changes, I'm sure Franzman can create a list for you and post it here.

Enjoy!

8)

• Like 1

Thanks! I will go through my lists based on this new allembly of roms.

I do have one request. Can a different character be used instead of the tilde? "~". It is a wildcard character in windows, and not able to be searched on normally.

Maybe you need to get a better operating system? :P

I was wondering how long it would take for this...

PLEASE don't suggest Mac! I deal with those enough at work. And Linux is too limited universally in what I do, plus I don't want to learn yet another OS. (the myriad versions of windows are enough)

I was wondering how long it would take for this...

PLEASE don't suggest Mac! I deal with those enough at work. And Linux is too limited universally in what I do, plus I don't want to learn yet another OS. (the myriad versions of windows are enough)

I was initially thinking Linux, but if you must stick with MS, perhaps DOS? Or if you're brave enough, Apple ][?

I do have one request. Can a different character be used instead of the tilde? "~". It is a wildcard character in windows, and not able to be searched on normally.

You can search on it, but if you search on it by itself your search returns every single file with a LFN, as well as any 8.3 named files that happen to contain it.

To return only files containing a "~" in the LFN in Rom's collection, search instead for "~.bin" (no automatically-generated 8.3 names of LFN files will contain that sequence).

You can search on it, but if you search on it by itself your search returns every single file with a LFN, as well as any 8.3 named files that happen to contain it.

To return only files containing a "~" in the LFN in Rom's collection, search instead for "~.bin" (no automatically-generated 8.3 names of LFN files will contain that sequence).

That is a great idea! I should have tried it! What I did was use a mass file renamed.

And if you're interested in the latest changes, I'm sure Franzman can create a list for you and post it here.

Done.

History + Info V5-V6.zip

Also, as long as I had the tools at my fingertips, I verified that every .bin under the HARMONY CART ROMS folder hierarchy is in fact a clone of a file in the root level, so anyone who prefers the longer filenames can safely ignore or delete the entire Harmony folder and rest assured he's not deleting something that he doesn't already have in the larger set.

EDIT: Fixed "=V6 Clones.txt" (about half of the .bin extensions were inadvertently stripped from the filenames). Only two people downloaded the file before I fixed it.

Edited by A.J. Franzman

Done.

History + Info V5-V6.zip

Also, as long as I had the tools at my fingertips, I verified that every .bin under the HARMONY CART ROMS folder hierarchy is in fact a clone of a file in the root level, so anyone who prefers the longer filenames can safely ignore or delete the entire Harmony folder and rest assured he's not deleting something that he doesn't already have in the larger set.

That's correct.

Thanks for the V5-V6 changes update.

8)