IGNORED

HSC7 Christmas Bonus Game - Special Delivery

therealbountybob

Game Closes 29th December 10am GMT - Santa can have a few extra days to get the job done, something about time zone confusion :ponder:

Special Delivery

post-19705-129315741713_thumb.png

xex on above link ATR here

What do you mean you've never heard of it... one of my favourites and a tradition to play this on Christmas morning (no it doesn't mean I never had any presents) :D

How to play: Collect the pressies, avoid the red ones, clouds, lightning, get the target amount, land on roof, deliver presents, get key, get out, repeat. If you don't make the target go on a bombing run as a consolation :) Press Start then push Up on the joystick to take off. (Pressing fire increases the difficulty!)

Scoring: 2pts for playing and 2pts for every extra player (friends/family/random person rounded up from the street...) you post a score for! You'll receive a Special Chrismas Present if you somehow beat my p.b. (held in secret) - I'll gift you with 10 of my hard earned points!

Pole Position is still running until the 27th. The final game '21' of the season will start on the 28th, still time to vote. Please also each suggest a few games you'd like to play next season. Checkout the pinned topics under the HSC.

Happy Christmas HSCers :yawn: (that's the nearest to a festive smiley - are you reading this atariage admins, c'mon lets have some !)

trbb

You mean this http://orph.atarinet...?g2_itemId=3859 ;-)

I've heard of it... I got it in a pack of 25 games for 10 GBP at one of the Personal Computer World Shows in the UK, Back when Atari still ran a booth! Played this thing for days straight! Although my Mum could probably beat everyone here at it, I had to fight her for the controller (this, Goonies and Miner 2049er were her favorite games - Racked up some serious scores)

[edit]

Apparently I now suck at this game - 3950

post-6732-129316622079_thumb.jpg

Edited by orpheuswaking

By the way, while the HSC wizards are at work, I'm having a problem with Atari800winPlus. It started about a week ago while I was playing Pole Position, and it won't quit. All the colours in the games are inverted. The task bar is fine, but the 8-bit graphics are wrong. I don't know how to solve this, and I've tried everything from switching to PAL to changing the OS. Help, please?

By the way, while the HSC wizards are at work, I'm having a problem with Atari800winPlus. It started about a week ago while I was playing Pole Position, and it won't quit. All the colours in the games are inverted. The task bar is fine, but the 8-bit graphics are wrong. I don't know how to solve this, and I've tried everything from switching to PAL to changing the OS. Help, please?

Not tried it but under the Misc menu there is a Clear All Settings option :!:

You might have Artifacting turned on, or the settings for Streching might be not on the correct settings.

Put streching on Normal.

If you clear all settings you'll have to load all the Bios over again.

Think this is my best ever score at this game (yes I have played it every Christmas for a few years!) and even better than that I'm currently beating TRBB although he'll keep trying until he beats me!

Didn't take too long ;)

12,400 (order in the universe is restored... just!)

How come the houses are on ground level yet the door is sometimes on the first or 2nd floors :?: :!:

Merry Christmas :)

New score.

If I wasn't getting score from going inside those houses and giving presents to all those little santa-killing brats, I'd just avoid the big houses altogether and stick to dropping presents in the little ones.

post-23506-1293412450_thumb.png

Hmmm how 'long' do you have to play this game? You can setup the hours...

Did i Miss something?

Take the default (I didn't know you could change the hours) you can set the 'target' higher which is the difficulty level but this increases after each successful delivery so no need to do this :) Hours are lost after Santa has had a boo boo!

Hmmm how 'long' do you have to play this game? You can setup the hours...

Did i Miss something?

Take the default (I didn't know you could change the hours) you can set the 'target' higher which is the difficulty level but this increases after each successful delivery so no need to do this :) Hours are lost after Santa has had a boo boo!

What's the object? Avoid clouds and thunderbolts and throw stuff into chimneys? What do you do on those ladders?

Here's what I got without knowing the purpose:

You must grab all the pastel-coloured presents, while avoiding the red ones as well as lightning and clouds. To deliver the presents to big houses, you must land on their rooves and make your way through two screens. The first is the chimney, where you have to climb down ladders and avoid the flames. Once you get down the chimney and in the house, you must place the load under the tree, grab the key, and get out, all without being caught by the brats-in-pajamas. With little houses, you can merely press the button to drop presents down the chimneys.