IGNORED

Early New years present..Altirra 1.9 beta 2

Mclaneinc

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-1.9-test2.zip

This text applies to beta 1 which had a few mapper issues, phaeron has since added beta 2

Mostly just debugger stuff, but it also has a new "program has crashed" dialog as well as fixes for some 1.8 bugs. I did a pretty major rewrite of the memory management code, though, so some stuff may be broken. In particular, there may be some broken cartridge mappers. If you find any, let me know the mapper and I'll fix it.

One other little bit on this one is the soundcard is now available and now separate to the vbxe and has address mapping. If you use the Neo play disk you can get an idea but since then there's been an update which needs another player disk that at this time isn't around, but have a listen to the neo player mentioned for a rough idea.

Bounty Bob isn't working on rom at the moment and have a play with the break at exe run address in the debugger if you like a hack but untick it if you just want to have a game.

Thank you Phaeron for a nice new years present :)

Um, actually, this build has some land mines in it and that's why I only posted it in the thread on my blog for some preliminary testing. Please do not download this test release for regular usage unless you are willing to do testing (which I of course welcome).

That having been said, if anyone's feeling adventurous, I could use some feedback on the new debugging features. The main new features are conditional breakpoints (bx) and the ability to run debugger commands when a breakpoint fires, i.e.: bp siov ".printf \"SIO called: command=%02x\" db(iccmd+x); g" . The underlying goal of this work has been to enable zero-cost asserts and trace statements in Atari code.

For those new to the retro A8 scene, is Altirra the most recent emulator, still supported? Would you say it's the best one to use nowadays?

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-1.9-test2.zip

This text applies to beta 1 which had a few mapper issues, phaeron has since added beta 2

Mostly just debugger stuff, but it also has a new "program has crashed" dialog as well as fixes for some 1.8 bugs. I did a pretty major rewrite of the memory management code, though, so some stuff may be broken. In particular, there may be some broken cartridge mappers. If you find any, let me know the mapper and I'll fix it.

One other little bit on this one is the soundcard is now available and now separate to the vbxe and has address mapping. If you use the Neo play disk you can get an idea but since then there's been an update which needs another player disk that at this time isn't around, but have a listen to the neo player mentioned for a rough idea.

Bounty Bob isn't working on rom at the moment and have a play with the break at exe run address in the debugger if you like a hack but untick it if you just want to have a game.

Thank you Phaeron for a nice new years present :)

For those new to the retro A8 scene, is Altirra the most recent emulator, still supported? Would you say it's the best one to use nowadays?

Yes, and easily so, just a look at Phaerons ACID test suite proves it is the most accurate, I know I beat Altirra's drum a lot but I also did the same for Atari800win Plus when I beta tested that with many from in here. Phaeron has taken the levels of accuracy to new highs but what's more important is that when dev people ask about issues he listens and fixes if needed.

Being one of the older group members at 50 this year and with illness I have time to play with emulators in general and each time a new Altirra pops up I'm just waiting to see what's added, its a feeling I used to get with the new hardware and programs back then.

I'd say THAT'S damn good emulation :)

(btw, Carmel, 50 is the new 30??......In this body it feels like the new 70 :) Mind you, you are a Londoner ;)

I just nabbed myself vers. 19. test 3, from the EmuCR site,,,,i guess either our London friend or Phaeron hangs out there

haven't used it though, trying that last full vers. , version 18

Nope, I (the not from London friend ;) ) don't hang out there, it has a nasty little java script that my Avira does not like.

I suggest you use the official blog for releases

http://virtualdub.org/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=325#body

:)

off young chest it spelled out ;)

always up-to-date version for soundboard player is at http://mono.i-demo.pl/sb/neoplay.zip

in some cases Altirra might not catch up with it, but currently it should be in sync

Hi Candle, when the Neoplayer boots up under spartados x 4.22 it says it NEEDS 4.43 (which I'm having issues trying to get it to allow me into d1: using the SDX Myide version).

Any reason it needs 4.43 as under Altirra & SDX 4.22 it happily boots up player and plays the tunes once pointed to D600?

Edited by Mclaneinc