IGNORED

Video Game Documentary

GrizzLee

In November 2010, Joe Decuir and Fast Food Productions arranged to come by my place to film interviews. Fast Food Prdcutions is an Italian company producing a documentary on 8 bit computers and video game systems. They stated that they will be editing the material this year and hopefully the docuementary will be ready by years end or early 2012. The presented me with a list of folks they've already intereviewed around the world. It is a very impressive and comprehensive list. So much so, I think they will proabably have a very comprehensive docuementary.

For the production, Joe brought over his bike.. the original Stella along with original circuit layouts and drawings. Very good discussion on the architecture of the 8bits and the Amiga.

They filmed Joe riding Stella. Pretty cool.

Enjoy the pictures.

-GrizzLee

post-24-129390982204_thumb.jpg

post-24-129390985066_thumb.jpg

post-24-129390987539_thumb.jpg

post-24-129390989222_thumb.jpg

post-24-129390991831_thumb.jpg

post-24-129390992658_thumb.jpg

post-24-129390998028_thumb.jpg

post-24-129391001388_thumb.jpg

post-24-129391002255_thumb.jpg

post-24-12939100348_thumb.jpg

post-24-129391004727_thumb.jpg

post-24-129391006357_thumb.jpg

Edited by GrizzLee
  • Like 8

Looking forward to seeing this!

Being a bike enthusiast also, I searched for Stella bike to find out more about them, and the first link I clicked on had a quote from Mr. Decuir:

" Stella Bicycles posted by Joe Decuir on 7/9/2006 at 7:34:13 PM

I am glad to find out about Stella bicycles. I still own and occasionally ride an SX-73, bought in San Francisco in February of 1974. It is the namesake of the Atari 2600 video game system; I rode that bike to work at Atari every day at the time. The only parts of the original bike left are the frame (with fading decals), headset, handle bars, brake levers, seat post and brake calipers. Everything else has worn out and been replaced at least once."

http://oldroads.com/d_stp_ra.asp?OQID=1067&QuestionNum=1102&RID=0

The "ATARI Service" sign is neat - - what's the story behind that?

probably out of an atari service shop back in the eighties. i aquired a banner, lamps, caps, frisbees, "thank you"-cardboard labels, silver adress stickers, pens and some more items from a former shop owner about 10 years ago.

here's a few pics ...

post-12-1293972062_thumb.jpg

post-12-129397206378_thumb.jpg

post-12-129397206559_thumb.jpg

A couple of corrections. The company is "Junk Food" Productions. As I understand it, they will be coming back to the states after going to Japan next year. Joe and I gave them many contacts. Some of you, such as Curt Vendel et.al., may be contacted by them if you haven't already :-)

The Atari Service sign is new (as in it has never been used) and is adhesive in the back. I framed it at some expense. I got it along with several other Atari Service items (Diagonostic carts, joystick testors, product displays, etc...) from several places over the many, many years I've collected this material. We really need a museum here in Seattle where I can publicly display all this stuff and get it out of my house. If anyone can convince Paul Allen or the likes to sponsor such an endeavor for a permanent cultural display at the Pacific Science Center that would be great.

I will post more info as I learn more about the documentary. As I understand it, they are in no hurry and are bankrolled pretty well. The owner has no deadline and only desires to do it right from what I've been told. They seem to want ot double check the facts and ask Joe Decuir to confirm or further explain many rumours. They did interview the Tramiels.. to which Joe (unofically of course) replied soemthing like "After shaking hands with some folks you have to count your fingers... with the Tramiels, one must check and see if their arm is still attached". They shot some great "B" roll footage, such as Joe riding stella and such. From the effort I've dseen, I am excited to see the final product.

Take care,

-GrizzLee

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I'm a bit confussed. You had Joe over in 2007 for a documentry. Is this footage also to be used on that documentry? Or are there 2 documentry's?

Would love to have a gameroom like that. But our home isn't big enough. We'll maybe over like 18 years when both of my sons get out of house, i may convert one of the bedrooms into my own gameroom. Leave me a lot of planning time :D .