IGNORED

Atari 2600 games with an ending

Atari_Falcon

The next point I need to know is, which Atari 2600 games have a real ending and no endless gameplay until you lose your last life...

I only know about:

- Fatal Run

- Secret Quest (maybe, I don't know)

- Solaris

ET

PITFALL

KUNG FU MASTER

DOUBLE DRAGON

JAMES BOND 007

STAR STRIKE

SUPERMAN

ADVENTURE

Those are the ones I can think of of the top of my head. I am pretty sure they all having an ending.

Cheers, FB :cool:

• Like 1

The next point I need to know is, which Atari 2600 games have a real ending and no endless gameplay until you lose your last life...

I only know about:

- Fatal Run

- Solaris

ET

PITFALL

KUNG FU MASTER

DOUBLE DRAGON

JAMES BOND 007

STAR STRIKE

SUPERMAN

ADVENTURE

Those are the ones I can think of of the top of my head. I am pretty sure they all having an ending.

Cheers, FB :cool:

Are you sure Kung Fu Master ends? As far as I remember it was just getting more difficult...

What is with Ikari Warriors? On the Atari 7800 it ends (president is dancing after being rescued), but as far as I remember you could keep on playing...

• Like 1

Verified. I beat it once years ago on real Atari hardware, the ending is rather... A letdown to say the least. :sad: It's a simple "DUN dun DUNNNNN" sound as the last base explodes with you safely in your ship. :roll: Thankfully the journey was more fun than the destination at least. :cool::thumbsup:

Demon Attack. Is it wave 96 or something like that?

Only the first release, and I think it's an odd number like wave 83. Since some kid complained within a week of its release about the screen going black (which the author thought nobody would ever reach), an endless version was quickly hacked and replaced the original version.

Berzerk, if you play long enough..

Is this a joke, or is there really an end? This was one of my favorite games in the 80s...

I definately will have a look at tunnel runner...

It's a pitty they made an endless version for Demon Attack. I like games where you have a real goal to achieve. This is my biggest complaint against Phoenix, which is a really nice game anyway...

What about Super Kung Fu? I don't know if this can be beaten...

Berzerk, if you play long enough..

Is this a joke, or is there really an end? This was one of my favorite games in the 80s...

I definately will have a look at tunnel runner...

It's a pitty they made an endless version for Demon Attack. I like games where you have a real goal to achieve. This is my biggest complaint against Phoenix, which is a really nice game anyway...

What about Super Kung Fu? I don't know if this can be beaten...

not really an "end", more like a bug:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/170948-atari-2600-kill-screens/page__view__findpost__p__2116097