IGNORED

Demo/unfinished versions of games found

clarkus

Halloween in a Telesys cart? :ponder:

I wonder if the Starpath "demo" tapes are just the "preview" versions of the games that can be found on their regular release tapes. In any instance, still a very nice find!

Whew, how DOES one carefully dump or process the old Starpath tapes?

As an old audiophile, I know how finicky those little bits of iron oxide clinging to a thin film can behave, particularly after sitting for so long!

It would be great to dump them, though, for use in emulators and the Harmony carts . . . who in the community is trustworthy and does that sort of work?

They might indeed just be "previews" of the retail version, but it would be neat to be able to compare and contrast!

-a2a

Halloween in a Telesys cart? :ponder:

I wonder if the Starpath "demo" tapes are just the "preview" versions of the games that can be found on their regular release tapes. In any instance, still a very nice find!

Whew, how DOES one carefully dump or process the old Starpath tapes?

As an old audiophile, I know how finicky those little bits of iron oxide clinging to a thin film can behave, particularly after sitting for so long!

It would be great to dump them, though, for use in emulators and the Harmony carts . . . who in the community is trustworthy and does that sort of work?

They might indeed just be "previews" of the retail version, but it would be neat to be able to compare and contrast!

-a2a

You plug a cassette player's output into a computer and record it into a wav file. There is a converter online that will then process it in to BIN file.

Mitch

This weekend I'll attempt to hook up my old Atari to an old SD tube tv and see what these games actually look like. There are a ton of variables here (does my atari work, the supercharger, the games, etc). So wish me luck. I'd very much appreciate any advice about how I should handle these tape games. They've been stored well (boxed in a dry cold dark basement) but I know tape can fall apart. I'd hate to hurt these artifacts :).

This weekend I'll attempt to hook up my old Atari to an old SD tube tv and see what these games actually look like. There are a ton of variables here (does my atari work, the supercharger, the games, etc). So wish me luck. I'd very much appreciate any advice about how I should handle these tape games. They've been stored well (boxed in a dry cold dark basement) but I know tape can fall apart. I'd hate to hurt these artifacts :).

You might want to post the question on how to handle these old tapes in the 8-bit computer section. I'm sure there are a few people there who are experienced with tape based s/w.

Perry

Wow, that's cool, basically an in-store advertising unit - -

"TRY IT

Move the Joystick

Press Fire"

What does it demo when you jiggle the stick?

And the best part of the "attract mode" - - "IT EXPANDS THE AMOUNT OF RAM MEMORY FROM 120 TO 6272 BYTES" Ha!

Nice. I have really been enjoying the Starpath games via the Harmony cart. Fun to play DRAGONSTOMPER, the only "good" RPG for the 2600, really! The FROGGER release is classy, too.

Can't wait to hear what these promos might have . . .

-a2a

Okay, so I finally got around to hooking up the old Atari to my HDTV. As you can imagine, the picture wasn't exactly pristine, so these admittedly amateur pictures aren't great. I hope they are good enough to at least start to get an idea of what I've got here. Good news, everything worked flawlessly! All the tapes looked to be in great shape and they loaded right up. The cartridges the same. I guess they don't make things like they used to.

post-28489-129459142963_thumb.jpg

post-28489-12945914472_thumb.jpg

post-28489-129459145682_thumb.jpg

post-28489-129459148475_thumb.jpg

post-28489-129459150019_thumb.jpg

post-28489-129459151679_thumb.jpg

post-28489-129459154432_thumb.jpg

post-28489-129459155898_thumb.jpg

post-28489-129459157779_thumb.jpg

post-28489-12945915923_thumb.jpg

post-28489-129459161307_thumb.jpg

post-28489-129459162828_thumb.jpg

post-28489-129459164813_thumb.jpg

post-28489-129459166841_thumb.jpg

post-28489-129459168776_thumb.jpg

post-28489-129459170715_thumb.jpg

post-28489-129459172349_thumb.jpg

post-28489-129459176833_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Halloween looks like it could be a WIP. What game is "IMG_0117.jpg"?

Edit: never mind about Halloween. I said that because I didn't see the zigzag pattern in the middle of the screen, but a closer look shows that it is there.

Tha Halloween pics are from two different carts. The two with what looks like a score counter (mmmm0) at the bottom is the one in the Telesys case and the one that says "Halloween" is in the other. There are other differences between the two. Would that mean that at least one of them is a WIP? I know neither is a bootleg as I am sure of their origins.

Tha Halloween pics are from two different carts. The two with what looks like a score counter (mmmm0) at the bottom is the one in the Telesys case and the one that says "Halloween" is in the other. There are other differences between the two. Would that mean that at least one of them is a WIP? I know neither is a bootleg as I am sure of their origins.

They both appear to be betas. Very nice. :thumbsup:

You could ask an AtariAge member who owns a so called 'dumper' and lives near you to make a .bin file of the cart ROMs.

And there's also a way to transfer the signals from the tapes into a .bin file, but you need the equipment to do that.

Anyone here with the knowledge and material living in or near LA?

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

You could ask an AtariAge member who owns a so called 'dumper' and lives near you to make a .bin file of the cart ROMs.

And there's also a way to transfer the signals from the tapes into a .bin file, but you need the equipment to do that.

8)

A.J. Franzman is in Califonia. He has a dumper. :)

8)

A.J. Franzman is in Califonia. He has a dumper. :)

I am in Southern California as well and have a cart dumper. :)

Mitch