IGNORED

XM Status Page...

Curt Vendel

Hasn't Curt been off interviewing people for his book? That's the impression I got from the Atari Museum fb page. I suppose there's more to his life than just the XM and blogging about it just for the sake of it...

Hasn't Curt been off interviewing people for his book? That's the impression I got from the Atari Museum fb page. I suppose there's more to his life than just the XM and blogging about it just for the sake of it...

Sorry I did not put 2 and 2 together and figure out its on hold then for a couple months? Just thought by the sounds of things pretty much done. I guess it sucks asking, always sounds like complaining. but someone has 2 I am sure more than one other of the 235 people that invested in this project, many from hour one of the preorder would like to know. As a couple of times there have been four to six months of no updates. All that was changed at the end of 2011 and we got to see what was happening.

Do makers of xm read this topic? Seems almost always someone else answers for them when how long is asked or whats up. A simple busy for a couple weeks get back to it june, should be done october for example would be great.

We all do know its a hobby. I have hobbys like motorcycles that i do work on and my old car that I never work on. I can give a estimate when each project can be done when people ask.

• Like 2

Sorry I did not put 2 and 2 together and figure out its on hold then for a couple months?

I'm only guessing. Curt doesn't work on the XM alone from what I've been told and I was just saying if he's out & about interviewing people updating that status page might not be a priority.

I am a huge advocate of this project, and I have been very patient...I continue to be just as patient and back it 100%. I do agree however, that regular updates would be appreciated. After all, most of us here in this thread who are waiting for a final product have put our money in already and backed this project from a financial standpoint.

Call me crazy, but I would really like to know where things stand for a number of reasons. Mainly, I just want to know how things are coming along. I am super excited for the flood of XM games which will follow the release of the XM! We look forward to hearing from you soon Curt!!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

TBH, I'm in no hurry. A long time ago I decided to get a 7800 and plumped for one of Golden Ax's Anniversary specials. Between the wait for that and the wait for this my attraction to the 7800 has somewhat ebbed... Maybe one day I'll eventually have both in hand but until then - I ain't holding my breath!

Well, running around and doing other things or not, is no excuse for me not taking a few minutes here and there to also add to updates... Mark has been demo'ing and tweaking some things, Rob (Pacmsanplus) and rep are also working on some XM things quietly and diligently in the background too.

Design is done, there is some back and forth on audio designs and I'm just about at the the point where I don't give a heck about pokey equipped carts at this point because that has been the primary hold up of the final audio sign off and I'm just about to to throw in the towel on trying to make this unit make nicey-nice with everything possible, so it may boil down to not allowing ball blazer and others with pokey onboard to work in the XM.

I am awaiting some final sign offs from Mark on review of the last design submissions and after that I'm sending him over h/w to complete his hands-on finalizing of the scroll assist implementation and then that its, time to put a cap on this project, its gone on way too long and its time to push the bird out of the nest...

Curt

• Like 4

I am awaiting some final sign offs from Mark on review of the last design submissions and after that I'm sending him over h/w to complete his hands-on finalizing of the scroll assist implementation and then that its, time to put a cap on this project, its gone on way too long and its time to push the bird out of the nest...

... or, as Joe Decuir said in "Stella at 20", "shoot the engineer and ship the product." :)

Thanks again to ALL of you who are involved in this project for your long, hard work. The delay hasn't bothered me in the slightest, and I don't think the POKEY cartridge issue is much of a concern, either. I'm sure it won't be difficult to produce XM-compatible versions of BallBlazer and Commando, if that's what it comes down to.

• Like 3

I'm just about to to throw in the towel on trying to make this unit make nicey-nice with everything possible, so it may boil down to not allowing ball blazer and others with pokey onboard to work in the XM.

Does this mean that Cuttle Cart 2's with POKEY chips installed will also not work? Or does it simply mean that COMMANDO and BALL BLAZER files on the Cuttle Cart won't work?

It's not that they conflict, they just cause the audio system to play too low to hear.

CC2 compatibility was always the # 1 priority with the XM, it's a must. Also making it work well with the xboards was put on the to dos so that any games that used it would work on the XM ad well

I do like the Joe Decuir quote though... Would make a good tshirt

Curt