IGNORED

XM Status Page...

Curt Vendel

Well after reading this thread it seems there is ALOT of pissed off people, some very patient people and a half dozen or so blinded sheep who would accept spit off the street as nectar from a god even if punched in the back of the head while they licked it up. Crazy stuff but an intresting read none the less.

how could you read my mind?!! icon_wink.gif

same thing happened with flashback 2 ,

the "god" did not even care enough to give minimum details of it

in order to make the system compatible with the larger games

he is always busy on the

"next big thing"

Edited by sermajic

All I can do is point everyone back to something I wrote in Curt's defense in February.

The only thing I would add to it now is this: keep in mind that nobody is making any money with this project. In fact, I'm sure Curt is losing money, at least on this first run. Considering the amount of work that's gone into the XM, from the plastic tooling to the authentic brushed metal faceplate to the packaging to the logic board, I'm actually amazed that it's being offered at its current price point.

It has been interesting to watch the attempt to create what is in effect a homebrew hardware project, but with all the quality and polish of a commercial product. It's unprecedented in several ways, and I'm sure it's also been a learning process for everyone involved, even with the experience with the Flashback consoles that Legacy Engineering brought to the project. It's a project undertaken by and for 7800 fans, so I'm saddened that certain people here haven't been more supportive, and more willing to give the benefit of the doubt. We all understand that you're concerned because you sent in your preorder money, and Curt himself has said that you're entitled to be, but talking about him this way, even while he's working hard to get the first shipment of XM units built and out the door, is not helpful.

• Like 3

he is always busy on the

"next big thing"

I believe that was an honest mistake. They did not provide a proper A12 signal, and instead probably just floated the cart data bus during TIA/RIOT accesses, and probably didn't realize the compatibility issues with doing so.

It would be nice to know if there are any possible workarounds, though, such as a chip select signal somewhere, and at the very least it would be nice to know that Curt is at least aware of the issue so this design flaw doesn't crop up in potential future Legacy products (like any portables.)

• Like 1

he is always busy on the

"next big thing"

All the FB2 had to do was run its built in games. The fact that you could run your own collection of back catalogue games by adding a cart connector to it and thus voiding the warranty (because you have to open it and solder wires etc.) was only of interest to probably 0.001% of the people who bought it.

• Like 4

he is always busy on the

"next big thing"

All the FB2 had to do was run its built in games. The fact that you could run your own collection of back catalogue games by adding a cart connector to it and thus voiding the warranty (because you have to open it and solder wires etc.) was only of interest to probably 0.001% of the people who bought it.

the 0.001% of the people who bought it are the one in all these forums

he is always busy on the

"next big thing"

Are you done trashing people yet? enough. we get it.

• Like 2

he is always busy on the

"next big thing"

I believe that was an honest mistake. They did not provide a proper A12 signal, and instead probably just floated the cart data bus during TIA/RIOT accesses, and probably didn't realize the compatibility issues with doing so.

It would be nice to know if there are any possible workarounds, though, such as a chip select signal somewhere, and at the very least it would be nice to know that Curt is at least aware of the issue so this design flaw doesn't crop up in potential future Legacy products (like any portables.)

maybe

but why enlistening in a forum if you won`t care to support what you have made?

you on the other side care to answer all the time,

even to newbies like me

about worries for the money deposited, i believe Curt is honest and will eventually comply with all orders

(when we feels like it,of course)

People, grow up and deal with it. A lot of you need to realize that for a LOT of us (Mr. Vendel included), this is a hobby of ours and one we can be passionate about Last thing we need are little piss-ants coming in and driving people out of their hobby.

Furthermore, please keep in mind the guy's also had to go through a lot of serious medical procedures. He's doing all he can in his current condition. Last we need is someone to put more pressure and stress on him to cause "that" kind of heart attack or heart failure. Lay off on the guy, and allow him to ensure he's in good enough health to do so. Hell, "I" am having to hold off on my for-sale thread for medical reasons. Let's just chill the hell out, and let the guy do what he can.

• Like 7

Which makes us the minority, sadly. The FB2 does exactly what the majority expects. It allows people to reconnect with their youth and fun times by playing its built in VCS games. The fact that you can hack it, if you have the skills, is only a bonus to the minority. If it was supposed to play cart games out of the box and it didn't it would be a huge failure to everybody.

Which makes us the minority, sadly. The FB2 does exactly what the majority expects. It allows people to reconnect with their youth and fun times by playing its built in VCS games. The fact that you can hack it, if you have the skills, is only a bonus to the minority. If it was supposed to play cart games out of the box and it didn't it would be a huge failure to everybody.

agree!!

i`m not questioning the quality of the product

I think that's being rather unfair...

The design was only spec'd to run the games that were built in, I added in the cartridge expansion because I could do it as pads and not raise any costs to the design. That was not an Atari request or desire, but rather it was mine attempt to give the system the ability to be more then just a closed design like all of the others. Yes it had flaws to it, it wasn't able to play all 1,000+ games out there, but what it did do was allow more then just the 40 games to be played.

Also the whole "God" comment.... really?!?!?! Give it a break

Well after reading this thread it seems there is ALOT of pissed off people, some very patient people and a half dozen or so blinded sheep who would accept spit off the street as nectar from a god even if punched in the back of the head while they licked it up. Crazy stuff but an intresting read none the less.

how could you read my mind?!! icon_wink.gif

he is always busy on the

"next big thing"

• Like 1

Actually NO... you DID get a reply, 4 in fact and I said to you in the emails that I recieved your order receipt and would take care of your old joystick order on 7/7 to Argentina, you also asked about the XM's and I told you I'd make an announcement on the 30th.... So your hostility is not only out of line, its uncalled for, relax there man...

Curt

Is there a round about time (estimated *month*) that these will be shipped? I ordered on 9/27/2010 (Order Number: 2009854) and have emailed Legacy Engineering to simply enquire as to the status. Needless to say, I received no reply.

i`m seeing that`s Curt way icon_mad.gif

What does that mean? Just curious is all to the status. I've been working quite a bit lately and haven't kept up with the swing of things. It took me forever even to find the receipt for my order, and I almost questioned whether I ordered at all ;) Not causing a stink, and I don't at all mind if it is still in the works, but still I would kind of like to know what the status is as of right now.

i bought usb sticks from him in 2009, and still can`t get him to ship or answericon_mad.gif

so good luck...

• Like 1

OKay, real simple:

You don't want to wait anymore - email me tonight:

support@legacyengineer.com

subject: XM Cancelation

Include your order#

I will cancel your order, had enough is this sh*t to be honest, I've kept everyone fairly well updated both with written updates, photo's and so forth so everyone see's that the project is progressing, the units are real, being worked on, etc... I haven't run off to Fiji with your hard earned cash.

Just cancel your orders, I don't need the drama and the bullsh*t and I'm getting sick and tired of people's crap to be completely honest, so CANCEL !!!!

This is it on making stuff, after this is done, I'm done with trying to make stuff direct to the hobby, will go back and just do commercial work and that's that, you guys really know how to sh*t on people who want to contribute to this hobby and give us all more lifeblood to keep things exciting and fun... the f-ing "God" comments and such, you friggin crossed the line and I'm not going to be bothered with this crap anymore.

No more griping and bullsh*t --- do what I said above and just f-ing CANCEL your order if you don't want to wait and get out of thread and go piss someone else off so they can cancel their project too.

Curt

Edited by Curt Vendel
  • Like 17

I, for one, will not be cancelling my order and am more than happy to wait for you to put out a great product. I can think of four or five things currently that I've pre-paid for on AA and am also patiently waiting to receive. These things take time. I'd also like to express my appreciation for all that you've done for the hobby and am sad to see you getting shit on and pushed to the point of not wanting to do projects like this in the future. I hope you'll reconsider and maybe you just need to create a "will not sell to" list. :twisted:

• Like 6

I'm sorry to see that Curt has had to essentially to tell folks to cancel the orders because of the attitude some folks have. I, for one, have no problem waiting for what I'm sure will be an excellent product! This is a hobby and I certainly appreciate the efforts of the folks who work on these kind of projects!

• Like 1

Curt,

More than happy to wait, and never felt like you were ripping anyone off. I'm just glad people are willing to produce new things, and make little or no profit.

thanks, and try and ignore as much of the BS as you can.

charles

I don't want to add to the drama, but I'm pretty sure that from the total of people who preordered the XM only a minority come here complaining.

I do (like many other appreciate I'm sure) really appreciate all the effort you put in making the XM to look and feel like a real Atari product (in fact look even better than the original). I'm studying in electrical engineering and worked a lot with FPGA and CPLD and doing a project from scratch like this with a custom PCB is not a simple task. Not as easy that developing on an existing dev board where you only need to wrote the VHDL and click program! So I fully understand the delay. Better to get it latter with bug free code than sooner with some issue IMHO.

So I just wanted to say to not let those minority complaining like little kids demoralize yourself. All you hard work is appreciated by all Atari fan.

Edited by DarthCloud

Sorry this happened, Curt. I wish you nothing but the best in the future. Mods, lock this thread now.

I agree that this is quite uncalled for. I am new to the forums and I pre-ordered the XM when I first joined here. I have been watching this thread, along with all of the updates on the Legacy Engineering site. For me, this thread has been keeping me quite comfortable with regards to my pre-order. I have not felt this was taking too long in any way. I know that some folks have been waiting much longer than me, but a project of this magnitude should be expected to take a long time, and setbacks are to be expected.

To Curt...

+1 and then some. We appreciate your efforts and look forward to receiving this epic project. I hope the mods do not lock this thread, as all of the updates have been keeping us all "in the know". Additionally, it is nice to see how this project is progressing and watch it from start to finish.

I look forward to receiving my XM, regardless of how long this project takes.

Curt,

I'm greatly disappointed, but I won't try to talk you out of abandoning future direct-to-hobbyist projects (although I'd be delighted if you change your mind, when and if you're ready). If you decide this is what's best for you, you're under no obligation to anyone to continue. A sincere THANK YOU for all you've done, and continue to do, to contribute to something that brings so much enjoyment to so many people.

Hopefully some of us will take this occasion to reflect further upon everything that goes into the creation of projects like this one: why they are born, what makes them grow, and what makes them die ... and what all of us should do (or should refrain from doing) to encourage those who, as Curt says, "want to contribute to this hobby and give us all more lifeblood to keep things exciting and fun."

And to those of you who pushed Curt to this point (and you a$$holes know exactly who you are): I only hope you're happy now, or that you're feeling whatever passes for happiness in your miserable lives! Thanks for nothing!

• Like 5