IGNORED

WTB: CD-i games

Austin

Hey, just won a CD-i on eBay earlier today.. Now I am looking for some games. No edutainment software, just games. I am open to see whatever you have, but I am interested in these the most: Flashback, Burn:Cycle, Golden Oldies 2, Inca, Atlantis, The Apprentice, Zenith, Alice in Wonderland, Secret Mission, Escape From Cyber City, Braindead 13, Dark Castle, Voyeur, Family Games, the Namco arcade pack, Hotel Mario, Mystic Midway: Rest in Pieces and possibly a few others. Only looking for these CIB--if they are jewel case games, it would be preferable to have them with the sleeves that slide over them, but not necessary. For the large-cased games, I only want them if they have the sleeves.

I am also interested in any controllers anyone may have for sale. I'm particularly interested in the Philips pad that's modeled after the classic PC Gravis game pads.

Edited by Austin

I had Zelda but sold it, as I never got a CDi and picked it up at thrift shop. Later I saw a CDi at a used game store 15 minutes away. :( I know they are supposed to be crap but I'd like to try it one day.

AX

Personally I really like mine, I have a massive collection and there are far more great games on it than people give it credit for. Some of them can be quite hard to find though.

I don't think I have anymore spare CD-i stuff left but I will have a check for you just in case.By the way both the Mystic Midway games are utter crap. You might want to check out my CD-i review guide I did on Proppa ;)

I thoroughly enjoyed Rest in Pieces. I owned it on the PC back in the '90s and had the CD-i version in the early 2000's. Its simplicity may not be for everyone, but I feel it does a lot of things right that a lot of CD-i games don't (generally fun, simplistic gameplay, smooth animations and visuals, accurate controls and precise gameplay). The FMV scenes aside, I feel this is a fun carnival-style shooting game.

Completely agree with you on The Phantom Express though. I don't know WTF they were thinking with that one.

I had Zelda but sold it, as I never got a CDi and picked it up at thrift shop. Later I saw a CDi at a used game store 15 minutes away. :( I know they are supposed to be crap but I'd like to try it one day.AX

I owned the first two, and yes, they are crap. You *might* be able to get into the gameplay after you block out the horror that is the FMV and voice acting, but even then the platforming game itself is sub-par with chopy sprite animation and wonky controls.

I have only seen videos of the third Zelda, but it doesn't look particularly great either. Lots of loading between screens, weak soundtrack and sound effects, choppy animation on the sprites once more. It may be an intresting curiosity (more-so than the first two), but it still doesn't look near to be worth the money it goes for. Not one bit.

**edit: Just re-read the prior posts and I think you guys were talking about the system, not the Zelda games. Yeah, the platform has a lot of crap, but it does have a few gems burried underneath the garbage.. I'm actually still discovering a few today thanks to places like YouTube. As Laird said though, I'm also finding some of these good games are very tough to find. :(

Edited by Austin

Double-Post: I bought Kether and Steel Machine on eBay last night. For some reason I thought Kether was garbage, until I watched a review on YouTube and realized I had never even played the game. It actually looks kind of cool for what it is. Regarding Steel Machine, I'm guessing it's garbage, but I only paid $4 after shipping for it. Not a big loss even if it's lame.

Double-Post: I bought Kether and Steel Machine on eBay last night. For some reason I thought Kether was garbage, until I watched a review on YouTube and realized I had never even played the game. It actually looks kind of cool for what it is. Regarding Steel Machine, I'm guessing it's garbage, but I only paid $4 after shipping for it. Not a big loss even if it's lame.

In my opinion Steel Machine is easily one of the best games on the machine and it seems you got it for a brilliant price. If you like shoot 'em ups then you should also pick up Tetsuo Gaiden which is also quite hard to find. But again I also recommend you read my CD-i review guide! :lol:

Oh and for the record I actually think that Wand Of Gamelon and Link are not that bad.

In my opinion Steel Machine is easily one of the best games on the machine and it seems you got it for a brilliant price. If you like shoot 'em ups then you should also pick up Tetsuo Gaiden which is also quite hard to find. But again I also recommend you read my CD-i review guide! :lol:

Oh, I definitely like shoot 'em ups.. But I am picky about them. I completely forgot about Tetsuo Gaiden though--I remember reading about it 5+ years ago prior to selling my last CD-i.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of game is Steel Machine?

Oh, I definitely like shoot 'em ups.. But I am picky about them. I completely forgot about Tetsuo Gaiden though--I remember reading about it 5+ years ago prior to selling my last CD-i.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of game is Steel Machine?

Its a rip-off of the classic 8-bit game Uridium with some amazing CD sound :lust:

post-16579-129460098642_thumb.jpg

Still looking! Curious to see whatever you may have. Even the artsy and educational (for adults, anyways) stuff.

Maybe there is something interesting for you in my webshop www.rewindgames.com, you will find about 70 cd-i titles in the Philips category.

i have the mystic midway rest in pieces, but right now its not for sale. But i do however, if you're interested have tetris, Golden Oldies jukebox, the palm springs open, and comptons encyclopedia available. If you're interested that is. they're all the long box games games though, but CIB.

Updated OP with games I would like with the intent on bumping this again in the future.. but for now I'm calling this thread off:

/rant

It's been nearly three weeks since I won my system on eBay and I've yet to receive it. The seller responded last week with a claim stating that his ex hijacked his eBay and PayPal accounts and he was just getting on top of it. He stated he would ship my package out last weekend and provide me with a tracking number afterward.. Well, it's been a week since that last message and still no response. I've got eight or so CD-i games I've purchased yet no system to play them on. May just open up a dispute if he gives me another BS excuse come this weekend.

/end rant

Updated OP with games I would like with the intent on bumping this again in the future.. but for now I'm calling this thread off:

/rant

It's been nearly three weeks since I won my system on eBay and I've yet to receive it. The seller responded last week with a claim stating that his ex hijacked his eBay and PayPal accounts and he was just getting on top of it. He stated he would ship my package out last weekend and provide me with a tracking number afterward.. Well, it's been a week since that last message and still no response. I've got eight or so CD-i games I've purchased yet no system to play them on. May just open up a dispute if he gives me another BS excuse come this weekend.

/end rant

sounds to me you're getting screwed. The pattern fits everytime ive gotten screwed on ebay. Dumb excuse, then no response. I believe masschamber on here may have a cdi for sale once u get your money back on this one.

I sent the seller another message just a few hours ago. If he doesn't get back to me in the next day or two I am going to open up a case. I gave him a chance, but didn't follow through on his own good word. :thumbsdown:

What pisses me off is that there was a nice 910 system that just sold for 90 plus shipping. Rather than giving me the runaround he could have just refunded me my money and I could have bought that system instead (I'm only interested in complete/boxed bundles). Now the only ones on eBay are dirty, loose, overpriced systems. Bleh. :(