IGNORED

Nike Atari 2600 sneaks!

nofrills100

Nike Blazers inspired by Atari 2600  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do you reckon....

• So good that when I look at these I want to put a cartridge in instead of my foot
    • cool shoes, but lame intepretation of the 2600
    • what were they thinking? these are simply shite!

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

The important thing is WHERE can I get them?

Well, eBay it appears (of course, I shoulda' guessed!):

ATARI Nikes on eBay: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1705855249391?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170585524939&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I know from time in New York and LA that small-run sneakers like these are very desirable by collectors. You think WE are crazy for cartridges of THRESHOLD or SUBTERRANEA or other-such? Sneaker-freaks FREAK for new, small-runs of certain brands.

Witness:

The Churches of the Divine Sneaker

-a2a

i don't understand the new trend of collecting sneakers ... we spend less for more valuable item. since i spent a year in china, i know that all these sneakers cost 5$ production costs ... and i just don't get why some people spend 100-200-300$ and more for sneakers ...when tere is no history attached to it and no real use if you don't wear them (well they're cheap 70ies nikes that are not really confortable)

it is a trend now to make normal items collectable with pseudo-limited editions ... just with minimal changes in design and material.

if at least the woodgrain would have been 100% authentic and the black area would have the structure of the frontpanel of the atari console and not another black woodgrain (which makes no sence) then i would have bought one ...

but like that you could just label "atari 2600" anything that has some kind of woodgrain!

here you go...

atari 2600 bike:

wood-grain-aerospoke.jpg

atari 2600 camera:

http://www.klangundkleid.de/img/lomo/20091127152350-FisheyeWoodgrain.jpg

and so on ....

Edited by jahfish

They should have added something else to it. If you didn't tell me there was an idea of Atari behind these I wouldn't have a clue. Nothing about it really even calls to mind the system. I get the concept they're going for, but it's lost.

They should have added something else to it. If you didn't tell me there was an idea of Atari behind these I wouldn't have a clue. Nothing about it really even calls to mind the system. I get the concept they're going for, but it's lost.

they added this ugly red dotted line that goes over the swoosh!

that is the line they shouldn't have crossed :lol:

Hahahah. Yeah, I expect they didn't want to mess with logos, but I mean nothing about that says Atari. Woodgrain, so what? My analog TV has woodgrain and black plastic, maybe that's what this shoe is based on.

Just trying to figure out why these are "Atari?"

Is my floor now Atari, and my entertainment center, and the trees in my yard?

How about a FUJI!?

AX

every tree and every mountain and every piece of black plastic is 2600 now .... atari has taken over the world! some kind of global console enslavement conspiracy manipulated by the tramiels and the rockerfelers!

• Like 1

i don't understand the new trend of collecting sneakers ... we spend less for more valuable item. since i spent a year in china, i know that all these sneakers cost 5$ production costs ... and i just don't get why some people spend 100-200-300$ and more for sneakers ...when tere is no history attached to it and no real use if you don't wear them (well they're cheap 70ies nikes that are not really confortable)

it is a trend now to make normal items collectable with pseudo-limited editions ... just with minimal changes in design and material.

if at least the woodgrain would have been 100% authentic and the black area would have the structure of the frontpanel of the atari console and not another black woodgrain (which makes no sence) then i would have bought one ...

but like that you could just label "atari 2600" anything that has some kind of woodgrain!

here you go...

atari 2600 bike:

wood-grain-aerospoke.jpg

atari 2600 camera:

http://www.klangundk...yeWoodgrain.jpg

and so on ....

yeah the whole rediscovery of retro sneakers has killed it for me.

I used to have a huge collection of mostly 80's adidas, in colours you could never find anywhere.

Now you have every sneaker in every colour just simply re-released, maybe a slight improvement in materials, but generally nothing new.

Back then i'd wear stuff that people would double take at constantly, or tell you that they were hot or whatever. Now people just assume that you went into any ol' shop and bought them.

There's a special edition, or limited release, every other day. Killed it.

Although I still take pride in my Keith Haring release adidas hi-tops ;)

Now you have every sneaker in every colour just simply re-released, maybe a slight improvement in materials, but generally nothing new.

i wouldn't even be too sure about that :roll:

my AF1s used to last a long long time ... all never ones i had lasted about a year or so ...

Although I still take pride in my Keith Haring release adidas hi-tops ;)

i also have one pair of sneakers that i keep in a glass shelf ... white limited AF1s, signed by stash and futura when i deejayed on the AF1 25th anniversairy party in beijing/china :cool: :cool: :cool:

post-12-129454759289_thumb.jpg

post-12-129454759392_thumb.jpg

post-12-129454759493_thumb.jpg

post-12-129454759583_thumb.jpg

post-12-129454759681_thumb.jpg

post-12-129454759767_thumb.jpg

post-12-129454760016_thumb.jpg

post-12-129454760141_thumb.jpg

Edited by jahfish