IGNORED

Was Pole Position Released For the Apple II?

Tempest

Was Pole Position by Atarisoft ever released for the Apple? I've seen multiple places online that indicate that it was indeed released, but I can't find any evidence of it. Here are the games that I know were released because I own them:

Dig Dug

Robotron 2084

Defender

Pac-Man

Centipede

Donkey Kong

Star Gate

Track and Field

Galaxian

Moon Patrol

Gremlins

Jungle Hunt

Ms. Pac-Man

Battlezone

Joust (just found this one)

The images for Mario Bros. and Crystal Castles are also out there, but they were never officially released. According to some documents I have Donkey Kong Jr. was completed but never released, but I've never seen the disk image for this.

On another Atarisoft note, what system is the light blue box for in this Pac-Man ad? I can't read it but from the letter spacing I'm guessing BBC Micro maybe?

EDIT: Ok looks like it is the BBC Model B and Acorn (from the copyright text at the bottom of the ad).

http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/atarisoft.jpg

Tempest

The images for Mario Bros. and Crystal Castles are also out there, but they were never officially released. According to some documents I have Donkey Kong Jr. was completed but never released, but I've never seen the disk image for this.
Interesting - I bought a 2c off of ebay several years ago, and Mario Bros was on one of the disks (along w/ Montezuma's Revenge and Boulder Dash). It's actually a really good port.

Interesting - I bought a 2c off of ebay several years ago, and Mario Bros was on one of the disks (along w/ Montezuma's Revenge and Boulder Dash). It's actually a really good port.

Yeah I had Mario Bros. on the Apple back in the day and it really is a good port. Jimmy Huey was the programmer, so it's really no surprise. Shame it was never released officially.

Tempest

I'm curious to know what version of Boulder Dash is on that disk. All the versions on Asimov lack the signature Boulder Dash theme music on the title screen - except one, cracked by a group called the "Association of Broadcasting Crackers".

I'm curious to know what version of Boulder Dash is on that disk. All the versions on Asimov lack the signature Boulder Dash theme music on the title screen - except one, cracked by a group called the "Association of Broadcasting Crackers".

My Boulder Dash has a hacked menu screen, which does have music playing in the background.

Cracked by The Syndicate/1200 Club and The Cloak/Black Bag

Thanks to the Whip

Call The Safehouse 612-724-7066/16meg/multilines!

Followed by the "official" info:

By Peter Piepa with Chris Gray

Apple version by Pat Montelo

© 1984 MicroLab ®

Licensed from First Star Softare

Edited by BydoEmpire

My Boulder Dash has a hacked menu screen, which does have music playing in the background.

Cracked by The Syndicate/1200 Club and The Cloak/Black Bag

Thanks to the Whip

Call The Safehouse 612-724-7066/16meg/multilines!

Followed by the "official" info:

By Peter Piepa with Chris Gray

Apple version by Pat Montelo

© 1984 MicroLab ®

Licensed from First Star Softare

:-o :-o :-o That's the one I had when I was a kid, and I've been trying to find it for years. I don't suppose you'd be interested in imaging it, or allowing me to do so (I have an ADTPro setup)?

• 2 weeks later...

I believe my apple II collection contains an in-box-un-opened PolePosition by Atarisoft.

If you could check on that I'd really appreciate it.

Tempest

I poked though half of it, but did not find it. Nor did I find my boxed atarisoft-for-apple game set yet. More to come.

On another note: there were times I'd supply whip and cloak and black bag with some of the to-be-cracked wares. Totally cool times. Space Station One would probably listed in a few crack screens, possibly. I preferred not to list a number because it tied up my parents' fone line too much.

I believe my apple II collection contains an in-box-un-opened PolePosition by Atarisoft.

If you could check on that I'd really appreciate it.

Tempest

I poked though half of it, but did not find it. Nor did I find my boxed atarisoft-for-apple game set yet. More to come.

On another note: there were times I'd supply whip and cloak and black bag with some of the to-be-cracked wares. Totally cool times. Space Station One would probably listed in a few crack screens, possibly. I preferred not to list a number because it tied up my parents' fone line too much.