IGNORED

Lynx Eye of the Beholder

chris_lynx1989

We have 15 copies of the COMPLETE FINAL VERSION WITH SAVE FEATURE of EotB IN STOCK AND AVAILABLE NOW.

For all details:

Email:

video61@tcq.net or video61atarisales@gmail.com

Call:

651-462-2500 M-F 10-9 Sat 12-6 CST

Edit:

This isn't listed on the V61 Site Lynx List yet,so don't look there for it now! :) It is coming though.

Edited by chris_lynx1989

personally... i'd like to know whats up with this as well.

this is a very low thing to do in my opinion. it has been announced...it is coming very soon...

and now this?

please explain yourself to the AtariAge community.

thanks.

(folks... i ask you to simply see whats what. I'll address this later... but it is obvious if you try a stunt like this... the intent is to "stick it to someone".) i think it is very underhanded and...well... low.

• Like 3

Is this the same as what Eric Delee was working on, or is this another package?

AX

This is Harry's complete version. :)

This is a continuation of the 25 released and sold in Sept. 2010,and the 5 released in 2005. :) This,and those earlier ones,were and are really nice cart,case,and Docs releases.Finest quality. :)

I saw a post over at JSII and in my Sunday morning haze :? :| I sent an e-mail to 'secure' a copy. It was after that I realised this isn't the version I'd been watching from Eric so I withdrew my e-mail.

My reservation still remains with Eric and as such I'm looking forward to his release. :lust:

This is weird. Granted, something you didn't make can't be claimed by anyone, but I can quote Shawn Jefferson here from a Lynx topic:

The vast majority of prototype games found, and published/sold, are being sold by people who don't actually have the rights to the IP (at least this is the case with most of the other Atari consoles/computer systems.) I guess what's keeping someone from dumping it and selling or giving away the ROM, is just our community ethics and respect for the people digging up these prototypes and making them available to the rest of us.

Where I see a "problem", is when people start making a profit based on someone else's work-which doesn't happen that often I'm sure.

One look at the V61 website and price-list makes me wonder how much this game will cost. Eric thinks to sell it for 55$-60$ loose, which sounds like a fair deal. V61 sells Blue Lightning for 50$, and more 'rare' games for 99$. I'll wait for Eric.

• Like 2

As a Video 61 loyalist, I just wanted to put in my 2 cents of defense of V61: now, I have great respect for Eric and all the work he has put into this game and my comments are IN NO WAY a criticism of him. It seems that Video 61 has been selling an Eye of the Beholder proto for some time now for $49.95:

http://members.tcq.net/video61/lynx.html

(Just scroll down until you see "Eye of the Beholder.")

So it's not clear to me that V61 is doing anything dishonest here. On the contrary, he's had the proto all along and it seems that he is now working on polishing it up. I do feel terrible for Eric here to suddenly see a different source that is selling what he worked so hard on, but it doesn't seem like V61 is doing anything wrong here.

As for his prices, I wouldn't be so fast to make accusations of overcharging. I mean, B&C Computervisions (www.myatari.com) wants $150 PLUS SHIPPING for a sealed AVP cart. Video 61 sells those for $79.95 which includes insured shipping. Songbird charges $8 to ship a jewel case of his games (e.g. Ponx, Remnant, Lexis, etc.), while for an even $39.95 Video 61 will sell those very same games and ship them to you insured. So, I think we should judge each merchant favorably. Some may have paid more for certain things so they charge more, others paid less so they charge less. And BTW, while B&C keeps raising the price of AVP (just a few months ago it was $100), V61 keeps his prices the same all the time. So who's grabbing for money here?

Anyway, I wish Eric luck, I can't afford to buy this right now anyway, but I think all of us in the Atari community would be best served by not hurling harsh accusations at people who have been here for us for decades. (Video 61 is the longest-running Atari retailer still around. He began in the early 1980s.) And, no, I am not affiliated with Video 61 in any way; I just think Lance is a very decent person who would never do anything underhanded. I wish everyone only the best.

• Like 4

One of their posts in another thread quoted $125. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

AX

The price for AVP at B&C is now $150. Go to http://www.myatari.com/atarijag.txt and scroll down and you will see:

J9008E ALIEN VS PREDATOR $150.00 New original factory shrink wrap.

Video 61 knows it's a rare game now but he refuses to raise his prices just because it's rare, unlike B&C.

• Like 1

I just think Lance is a very decent person who would never do anything underhanded. I wish everyone only the best.

Dude - wake up; this is obviously being done to spite Chris.

Surely you mean Eric :ponder:

As a Video 61 loyalist, I just wanted to put in my 2 cents of defense of V61: now, I have great respect for Eric and all the work he has put into this game and my comments are IN NO WAY a criticism of him. It seems that Video 61 has been selling an Eye of the Beholder proto for some time now for $49.95:

The proto they were already selling for $50 was the crappy slideshow demo

Is this the same as what Eric Delee was working on, or is this another package?

AX

This is Harry's complete version. :)

This is a continuation of the 25 released and sold in Sept. 2010,and the 5 released in 2005. :) This,and those earlier ones,were and are really nice cart,case,and Docs releases.Finest quality. :)

There were not any sold in Sep... otherwise we'd have heard something by now.

I call BS

And for the info for everyone: This is the SAME version... Gameplay is not different. If he got the Save feature to work, then it is the same game. Mine was made from Harry's as well.

• Like 1

Are there any pictures that could be posted?

Perhaps, Lance can email you and others some when you ask him about it. :)

I was asked to just post an ad for him here tonight while talking to him earlier. ;)

If Lance asked YOU to post this... then he had a SERIOUS lack of judgment. Honestly... what good would come out of someone who was banned posting this? Especially on the eve of my release. Makes no sense and this is all done in spite.

• Like 3