IGNORED

Umm. This is awesome. DK for INTV. A real version.

cmart604

So, I just got an email earlier today from Dave and here's the content...icon_love.gificon_love.gificon_love.gif

"Carl Mueller's Donkey Kong is 100% programmed and ready for the next

stage...full pacakge on cart!!!!

Since it has been a few years that we have released anything on cart,

I would like to ask how many of you would like to purchase one. The

price should be as before, $50. I am hoping to have them available by

this summer.

Please click on the link below to update your preferences. You will

see an option to select yes to "Donkey Kong - I want it". The

production run will be determined by how many of you answer.

You will be notified when DK's webpage is available on the website"

The correct answer, for me at least, was "yes- 2 copies" (the link he's referring to is within the email and takes you to your preferences section within the Intellivision.us website.

For those of you who haven't signed up, I'd suggest doing so.

This is great news and I assume is the exciting news Dave was referring to for the upcoming newsletter. I'm too lazy and stupid to link to the youtube of this in action, but those of you that have seen it will remember how well done this is.

(Plus I know one of you will do it anyways. icon_mrgreen.gif )

Between this, Rick D and hopefully a couple of other games coming to cart soon, 2011 is shaping up as an excellent year for the INTV. icon_exclaim.gificon_mrgreen.gif

I don't usually talk about my financial sistuation, but i'm one of those guys with a dead end job that lives pay check to pay check. I'm surprised i haven't gone bankrupt yet. Let's just say a person on my budget shouldn't own or should have purchased as many games as i have in the past 2 years alone. lol :ponder:

Plus i already have my eye one something when i get my taxes back in a couple weeks. Something non Intellivision. :sad:

I don't usually talk about my financial sistuation, but i'm one of those guys with a dead end job that lives pay check to pay check. I'm surprised i haven't gone bankrupt yet. Let's just say a person on my budget shouldn't own or should have purchased as many games as i have in the past 2 years alone. lol :ponder:

Plus i already have my eye one something when i get my taxes back in a couple weeks. Something non Intellivision. :sad:

Well now your Secret Santas might have something for their list... ;)

Any previews of the graphics, and how they are an improvement over the Coleco version for INTV?

I would want to see screen shots and know if it contains all 4 arcade levels before deciding to pay $50. That's a lot of cash in a new world economy.

Sorry about the lack of a link, I was just stoked to post this. :) IIRC it has all 4 levels and the graphics are much better. We'll find some pics or video and get it added.

Any previews of the graphics, and how they are an improvement over the Coleco version for INTV?

I would want to see screen shots and know if it contains all 4 arcade levels before deciding to pay $50. That's a lot of cash in a new world economy.

expect the graphics to be like this, i think. beeslife

dk1.gif

So, I just got an email earlier today from Dave and here's the content...icon_love.gificon_love.gificon_love.gif

this summer.

The correct answer, for me at least, was "yes- 2 copies" (the link he's referring to is within the email and takes you to your preferences section within the Intellivision.us website.

This is great news and I assume is the exciting news Dave was referring to for the upcoming newsletter. I'm too lazy and stupid to link to the youtube of this in action, but those of you that have seen it will remember how well done this is.

Between this, Rick D and hopefully a couple of other games coming to cart soon, 2011 is shaping up as an excellent year for the INTV. icon_exclaim.gificon_mrgreen.gif

i hate you. lol

anyway, this is great news.

expect the graphics to be like this, i think. beeslife

dk1.gif

Thanks Rev. I'm pretty sure there was other video or screen shots wasn't there?

this summer.

i hate you. lol

anyway, this is great news.

Lol. That's twice buddy, you're kinda slipping! :)

Graphics look somewhat improved, as in DK actually looks like a gorilla and has recognizable facial features, but $50 good?

I need to see a screen of the missing fourth level.

Can someone point me to a site with more details on this game?

Thanks.

You missed my earlier post with the dk GIF?

click here for 4th level. My link

click here for Roms on beeslife. My link

Edited by revolutionika

Lol. That's twice buddy, you're kinda slipping! icon_smile.gif

I only check my email once a week or so. icon_shades.gif

I hate to do this but I must....Rev, 2011 called, this newfangled email thing looks like it might stay around, you should get on board! icon_rolling.gificon_rolling.gificon_skull.gif

And next month the 28k dial up modem will be out. A big improvement over your old 14k. Talk about blazing fast download speeds. ;)

Lol. That's twice buddy, you're kinda slipping! :)

I only check my email once a week or so. icon_shades.gif

I hate to do this but I must....Rev, 2011 called, this newfangled email thing looks like it might stay around, you should get on board! icon_rolling.gificon_rolling.gificon_skull.gif

:)

And next month the 28k dial up modem will be out. A big improvement over your old 14k. Talk about blazing fast download speeds. ;)

i still have a rotary phone

Haha, rev, don't let them pick on you like that. Until they completely phase out standard phone services, rotary phones are cool! :)

Ive never seen the original DK, but I've heard it's pretty bad compared to other architectures. Seeing apparent progress on this new game sounds pretty cool, and I applaud the author(s). But like rgw I'm a budget gamer and still building up my general collections. I currently can't see dropping $50 on a single game.

Haha, rev, don't let them pick on you like that. Until they completely phase out standard phone services, rotary phones are cool! :)

Ive never seen the original DK, but I've heard it's pretty bad compared to other architectures. Seeing apparent progress on this new game sounds pretty cool, and I applaud the author(s). But like rgw I'm a budget gamer and still building up my general collections. I currently can't see dropping $50 on a single game.

:D i was kidding about the rotary phone i hope you knew that...:ponder: