IGNORED

Atari Posters

Allan

Here's some pics of my new posters. I've been looking for these for years. I love the Warner Atari advertising, especially for my favorite system, the 5200. I still have a bunch to find as well as finding out about ones I don't know about.

I still want a Qix poster and standee, Rescue on Fractulus poster, Caverns of Mars poster, the 5200 poster, and the AtariAge magazine poster.

If anybody knows of ever seeing any other ones, let me know.

Allan

post-187-129553745112_thumb.jpg

post-187-129553746622_thumb.jpg

post-187-129553748247_thumb.jpg

post-187-129553749703_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

those are gorgeous! did you get these in the 80s, or later? I used to have a poster that came inside of the 7800 version of DK jr. It featured all kinds of atari game imagery, including... Mario and Luigi!! imagine that...

No I mostly have found them on eBay but they don't come up very often.

I still want to find a Rescue on Fractulus and a Qix poster. There may even be ones I've never seen before. They did a nice one for Centipede for the 5200 which was released at the same time as Defender so I would imagine they did a poster for that one also.

Allan

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some more Atari advertisements I picked up recently. I really wish I could find the posters of these. The 5200 one was (in poster form) used on the side of the 5200 Kiosks. I'm not sure if the Raiders one was ever produced in Poster form.

Allan

post-187-129838672608_thumb.jpg

post-187-129838674613_thumb.jpg

Sorry if this has been asked before but these posters you came to be in possession of, where they part of a P o S system/in store game promotion for the individual games (retail) or pack in posters for the actual games

Part of a P o S system/in store game promotion for the individual games.

Allan

Always loved the Asteroids Deluxe Poster. The only way to get that back in the day was inside the cabinet itself, right? I'm hoping to get a Phoenix one for myself soon! What's the story on the ceiling border you got going there? Are they game boxes or just prints of the boxes?

They were poor condition boxes that I wanted to do something with and thought they would make great little posters.

Allan

• 2 weeks later...

I got a Phoenix poster for about 4 bucks! Allan, what kind of frame are you using? Is it a 16 X 20? The poster is a little larger than 16 X 20. Thanks. - HB

Yes,

Unfortunately I don't remember where it came from. I think it had an old picture in it and I just tossed the picture.

Allan

Here are some more Atari advertisements I picked up recently. I really wish I could find the posters of these. The 5200 one was (in poster form) used on the side of the 5200 Kiosks. I'm not sure if the Raiders one was ever produced in Poster form.

Allan

Ah, ebay? I cost you some money bidding against you. Really wanted that 5200 system counter display.

AX

Allan

Ah, ebay? I cost you some money bidding against you. Really wanted that 5200 system counter display.

AX

Yup. No problem, that's eBay. Sorry.

Sometime when I get some more time I will scan it for you. It won't look as nice as the original but at least you can make a small poster out of it.

I just picked up another poster today. I have a Stargate matching poster, I just have to get a frame made for both of them because they are odd sizes.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1806367619421?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180636761942&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Allan

It's Star Raiders. They have more if you ask them.

Allan

No I mean the star gate.

AX

Oh, sorry. No it's Atari StarGate. It's the same style as the StarRaiders poster above. When I get it framed I'll take a picture of it. I'm just curious if they did any more like the two.

Allan

I just have to get a frame made for both of them because they are odd sizes.

Try http://www.frameusa.com I had them make me four custom frames using this frame type http://www.frameusa....cafe_narrow.htm cost was extremely competitive and shipped fast.

(I'm sure you probably have somewhere in mind, but it took me awhile to find these guys and I probably wouldn't use anyone else now)

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread icon_mrgreen.gif

[edit] Scratch that, it seems their longest size is 36" I think that poster is 44"... However that's online, I think if you email they can do other sizes.

Edited by orpheuswaking