IGNORED

Who makes 2600 homebrews..

yuppicide

Who's going to make homebrews if Albert is busy with his new business?

Does anyone else burn ROM's and assemble the boards for me? Will I get the same parts?

As some of you know I have a special cartridge case being made out of wood.. they're being made to spec of what Albert sent me.. so, I'm in need of a test one to send my wood carver.. he already has a non-functioning (as far as I know) PCB with ROM from Albert.

I need to burn him a copy of my game, send him that along with my power supply, tv hookup, and joystick, so he can test my actual game, in the actual wood cartridge, in the actual Atari 2600.

After that he'll send me one that I'll take up to the Digital Press store and test fit in a few of Joe's different type of 2600's.

AtariAge is the most reliable out there. Google will lead you to people making reproductions and have custom cart services. What I've found is that you can expect greater limitations on cart size/specs and higher price. Some vendors have gotten a bad reputation because they deal with people who want counterfeit carts.

Response time for inquires and customer support can be an issue to. I've tried to pester CPUWIZ for a savekey and never got a response. Not because he's a slacker but because he's just one guy being sent tons of queries from random people.

In short, there doesn't seem to be a business/forum/Albert like AtariAge out there. Both a good thing and a bad thing!

..wait, Albert has a new business? Hopefully it involves a developers license for XBox 360 and a 2600 emulator so he can publish BatariBASIC games :) "Homebrew Forever" on 360 and PS3? It could happen!

Edited by theloon
  • Like 1

..wait, Albert has a new business? Hopefully it involves a developers license for XBox 360 and a 2600 emulator so he can publish BatariBASIC games :) "Homebrew Forever" on 360 and PS3? It could happen!

He's managing an arcade. Seems to me he was going to post pictures at some point... :ponder:

AtariAge is the most reliable out there. Google will lead you to people making reproductions and have custom cart services. What I've found is that you can expect greater limitations on cart size/specs and higher price. Some vendors have gotten a bad reputation because they deal with people who want counterfeit carts.

Response time for inquires and customer support can be an issue to. I've tried to pester CPUWIZ for a savekey and never got a response. Not because he's a slacker but because he's just one guy being sent tons of queries from random people.

In short, there doesn't seem to be a business/forum/Albert like AtariAge out there. Both a good thing and a bad thing!

Or perhaps I did not read it, because I never saw it. :?

• Like 1

He's managing an arcade. Seems to me he was going to post pictures at some point... :ponder:

Hmmmm...

..Al

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I posted this awhile ago, but I could use someone to burn me 20 ROM's, assemble them on PCB, and if you have the cartridge shells to that would be nice.

CPU's very busy right now.

I could use them before May.. the Too Many Games show is coming up and I'd like to release something there.