IGNORED

ColecoVision System Refurbish with composite A/V mod

Yurkie

You get your ColecoVision console completely refurbished and my single jack A/V composite mod.

Console:

Power Switch rebuilt

Cartridge Slot throughly cleaned with DeoxIT

Any bad/faulty solder joints resoldered

Single jack A/V composite mod

Controllers:

Housings and cords cleaned

Joystick directional controllers refurbished

fire button dissembled and refurbished

Keypad and keypad socket cleaned

Optional but also included:

replacement ball knobs

cords straightened

$89 plus return shipping.

Optionally you an add the socketed Intro skip BIOS. Pressing the fire button on the controller skips the title screen and goes to the game select screen on Coleco released games with the annoying 12 second title screen. You can press the fire button any time to skip to game select screen or wait for the title screen to come up. $15

Pause button mod pauses and mutes sound on all games. It does not have any effect when using expansion module #1 (Atari Module) This is because the Atari module is basically an Atari 2600 console that uses the ColecoVision for power and A/V connection. $35

Both the Intro Skip BIOS and Pause Button Mod for $40 if combined.

I know a lot of people like to have more than 1 ColecoVision so I will offer the $89 service on 2 complete systems for $150

You can see my modded ColecoVision with everything except the Intro Skip BIOS on this Youtube video.

Here are some pictures.

post-23318-129665359496_thumb.jpg

post-23318-12966536181_thumb.jpg

post-23318-129665370819_thumb.jpg

post-23318-129665390196_thumb.jpg

post-23318-129665400913_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Finished a system for a gentlemen that saw my Youtube video. Don't let a crappy preforming ColecoVision take the fun out of gaming. I will replace defective DRAM or controller ICs for $10 each when combined with the refurbish and A/V mod special.

• Like 3

Finished a system for a gentlemen that saw my Youtube video. Don't let a crappy preforming ColecoVision take the fun out of gaming. I will replace defective DRAM or controller ICs for $10 each when combined with the refurbish and A/V mod special.

Keep knocking them out, Yurkie! All your hard work and dedication to the CV scene is very much appreciated.

+1

I just received by CV back from Yurkie today and I couldn't be more happy with his work. Previously, the video on my CV (at best) was somewhat snowy and after several minutes of play would degrade to black & white. Yurkie fixed that and with the AV mod, the display was bright & crisp -- even after 1.5hrs of continuous play tonight. I am also happy with my newly cleaned controllers -- the new knob makes a world of difference.

Thanks Yurkie!

Mine needs to be reburbed. It's not working. It is getting power. Only cart I have is a CV ulimate SD multi cart. When I power CV on nothing happens. When I hit reset button on multi cart the light on cart blinks once. Can you fix?

'If' it's broken, a refurbishing isn't needed... it needs to be fixed and then refurbished. And after my dealings with Yurkie, he can definitely do both for you! He is the Colecovision Hardware Master! It may cost a little extra to replace whatever needs replacing but I'm sure he can fix it! Yurkie does top notch work on these systems and I plan on sending more work his way in the future!

And by the way, his prices are great and well worth every penny! And an AV mod looks so nice... it will make you want to play more Colecovision games!!

Mine needs to be reburbed. It's not working. It is getting power. Only cart I have is a CV ulimate SD multi cart. When I power CV on nothing happens. When I hit reset button on multi cart the light on cart blinks once. Can you fix?

'If' it's broken, a refurbishing isn't needed... it needs to be fixed and then refurbished. And after my dealings with Yurkie, he can definitely do both for you! He is the Colecovision Hardware Master! It may cost a little extra to replace whatever needs replacing but I'm sure he can fix it! Yurkie does top notch work on these systems and I plan on sending more work his way in the future!

And by the way, his prices are great and well worth every penny! And an AV mod looks so nice... it will make you want to play more Colecovision games!!

We spoke on phone. My CV is already on the way to Ohio. I like people that rather talk on phone with things like this :)

Just sent one of my favorite CVs off for a Skip Bios mod and AV mod!

Looking forward to having this puppy fully tricked out.

Just got my CV back with Bios Skip and AV Mod. Again, fantastic work from Yurkie. The Bios Skip is a dream and the AV mod is of course--top notch! He also fixed a little voltage problem with a mod I had done earlier with a power lamp! Thanks, man!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm soon going to send in one of my controller to be refurbished. I can't send both controllers because I need one to play with the Colecovision and the SMS pad don't have a number keys. I'm really curious about the ball knob and the straighten cord and see how different it is. Yurkie's probably going to laugh that I had a folded up thin Pepsi board inside, a cheap fix, to act like a buffer to get those sensor to register. The second fire button is somewhat broken. This should be exciting.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this in the marketplace under the user feedback section regarding Yurkie's handiwork:

I received my refurbished and moded ColecoVision back yesterday and I would have posted the feedback sooner, but I was busy playing!!! icon_mrgreen.gifNormally, I would just write a typical feedback (fast shipping, good communication, etc.), but this purchase was different and I hope other ColecoVision owners read this:

Having the modifications done to my ColecoVision has enhanced my overall gaming experience with this console by 100%. In my opinion, these modifications are a MUST HAVE for the following reasons-

• Enhanced picture quality and sound (RCA outputs)
  • More responsive controllers (refurbished and arcade sticks added)
  • Prolonged life expectancy (refurbishing and professional cleaning of wear parts)
  • Ability to pause a game! (added pause mod kit)
  • Faster game load time (BIOS skip mod)
  • Better mobility (straightened coil cords on controllers)

All in all, I can say that this is one of the best game related investments I have ever made. I stress that I consider it an investment, because it makes the system enjoyable in the ways I always dreamed it could be.

Previously, I always hated connecting using a coaxial converter from Radio Shack to bypass the need for an RF switch, as it did not have the picture or audio quality I wanted. The controllers never felt comfortable to me when playing and sometimes felt like a hinderance. As for the pause kit, BIOS skip and the refurb/cleaning...BONUS!!!!

Sorry if I am rambling, but I am VERY happy (i'd say ecstatic)with Yurkie's handiwork! Thank you so much for enhancing my ColecoVision experience!

Hello Yurkie, I have a Like new Colecovision system, I have purchased the a/v mod and bios mod from arcadecomponents.com, I have yet to install them because i am also wanting to the the memory mod at the same time and they are sold out of them at this time. I was wondering what the cost would be for me to send you my colecovisionn have you install the two mods i already purchased as well as the memory mod, controller update mods, and a over all inspection of the unit. I live in Michigan. So shipping shouldn't be too bad.

As far as the A/V mod I would rather have the dual/triple V/L/R RCA audio and video connections vs the single connector, that way if the cord ever gets damaged I can use any standard patch cable.

Best Regards

Robert Miller

Hello Yurkie, I have a Like new Colecovision system, I have purchased the a/v mod and bios mod from arcadecomponents.com, I have yet to install them because i am also wanting to the the memory mod at the same time and they are sold out of them at this time. I was wondering what the cost would be for me to send you my colecovisionn have you install the two mods i already purchased as well as the memory mod, controller update mods, and a over all inspection of the unit. I live in Michigan. So shipping shouldn't be too bad.

As far as the A/V mod I would rather have the dual/triple V/L/R RCA audio and video connections vs the single connector, that way if the cord ever gets damaged I can use any standard patch cable.

Best Regards

Robert Miller

Just for general information I will make a comment about this post.

I will not install anyone else's mod kits. This is in no way anything personal. Raymond the owner of arcadecomponents.com is a great/intelligent guy and I have no doubts about the high quality of what he sells, it is just something I am not interested in doing.

I also will not install 3 Female RCA jacks on the back of a console. The reason I use the single jack is I prefer the appearance of the install.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to add that the 4164 DRAM replacement mod from this link is available also.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/179511-4164-dram-replacement-mod/

I am keeping several sets of this DRAM in stock for anyone interested in either is mod alone or combined with other services.

Just got my two Colecovisions back on Monday. They look cool and they now work better than they ever did before!

I had two units that were both broken. He repaired everything and they both work great now. With what was broken on my units, the repairs part was really inexpensive. (Like between $15-$30 in my case.) I had been worried that I would send these units off and the repairs part would be really expensive, but Yurkie took care of everything and I didn't have to worry about it.

I got pretty much the whole package of mods/reconditioning. Everything works and looks great. The picture looks really good on the TV and the controllers work better than they ever did before. Also, the installation of the pause switch, the A/V mod, and the ball knob on the controllers looks like the Coleco console was originally made that way...very professional looking.

I got the following:

2 systems repaired

A/V Mod on both

Video Memory Upgrade on both

Pause Button and BIOS Skip on 1 unit

Ball Knobs for controllers on 1 unit

the plastic piece cut off of the Expansion Port door on both (the little thing that used to make the door hard to open & close)

I opted not to get the coily cords straightened...instead I bought an RCA extension cord for the units

He also includes the special cord with RCA on one end and the headphone type connector on the other end

Also the Power switch was rebuilt and controllers reconditioned. I'm probably leaving out a couple details....but the point is: YURKIE DOES AWESOME WORK!

I highly recommend his services to everyone who has a Colecovision! A++

Yo Yurkie! :)

The CV unit I've been using to do beta-testing has a problem: The noise channel stays silent, so I only hear part of music tunes and sound effects. If I play long enough, the noise channel eventually comes back, but it comes and goes randomly. What do you think the trouble is, at the hardware level?

Yo Yurkie! :)

The CV unit I've been using to do beta-testing has a problem: The noise channel stays silent, so I only hear part of music tunes and sound effects. If I play long enough, the noise channel eventually comes back, but it comes and goes randomly. What do you think the trouble is, at the hardware level?

Send me a PM Pixelboy.

Yurkie did gave me a modded CV unit....

I never bother to buy one since for me a modded unit is simply a modded unit...

BUT

I've to admit that I'm quite surprise with the unit from Yurkie, everything is done professionaly and works well!

Really, if you don't have a modded unit from Yurkie, I strongly suggest to buy you one

Picture quality is impressive and the Pause button is a really nice addition

Skipping Bios feature is welcomed too

Do yourself a favor and order a unit from Yurkie! :cool:

BTW: His modded controllers are top notch too, the ball knob is simply fantastic!

Thanks Todd! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Today is my 2 year Anniversary of joining AtariAge. To Celebrate I am offering $10 off the all service(s) for the next 2 weeks. Discounts may be combined. Item(s) must ship Today (May 5th) thru May 19th (2 weeks from today)to get this discount. Not valid on previous transactions, or items in transit.

Examples:

Complete System refurbish with A/V mod including 2 controllers $89 $79

Set of controllers refurbished (ball knobs and straightened cords optional but included) $40 $30

Replace Controller IC only $20 $10, if replace along with system refurbish and mod special $10 Free

4164 DRAM replacement only $65 $55

Intro Skip BIOS and Pause Button Mod $40 $30

Intro Skip BIOS $15 $5

Pause Button mod $35 $25

Power Switch refurbished $20 $10

A/V mod only $49 $39

all services + return shipping. No discount on return shipping cost.

I have never offered discounts this big and offer will not be extended. Send me a PM if your interested.

Edited by Yurkie

Today is my 2 year Anniversary of joining AtariAge. To Celebrate I am offering $10 off the all service(s) for the next 2 weeks. Discounts may be combined. Item(s) must ship Today (May 5th) thru May 19th (2 weeks from today)to get this discount. Not valid on previous transactions, or items in transit.

Examples:

Complete System refurbish with A/V mod including 2 controllers $89 $79

Set of controllers refurbished (ball knobs and straightened cords optional but included) $40 $30

Replace Controller IC only $20 $10, if replace along with system refurbish and mod special $10 Free

4164 DRAM replacement only $65 $55

Intro Skip BIOS and Pause Button Mod $40 $30

Intro Skip BIOS $15 $5

Pause Button mod $35 $25

Power Switch refurbished $20 $10

A/V mod only $49 $39

all services + return shipping. No discount on return shipping cost.

I have never offered discounts this big and offer will not be extended. Send me a PM if your interested.

As someone that has had all of these services done, some on more than one unit, I highly recommend the excellent work Yurkie does. :)

As someone that has had all of these services done, some on more than one unit, I highly recommend the excellent work Yurkie does. :)

Thanks Chris. :)

Just a couple things with this offer. Items must ship on or before May 19th, no exceptions. This offer will not be extended.

The 2 system refurbish and mod special for $150 is not discounted. It is already $28 off the price of 2 systems done separately. Single controller refurbishing is $20 (no discount) The discount is for a set of controllers normally $40 ($20 each) for $30

Prices for buying replacement hardware is also not discounted.

Love that Pause button! :lust: Now I can actually play games like Rolloverture without dying in the first minute. I can flip the switch while still being able to see the screen....and strategize like a cheater! Just something for all of you to consider.