IGNORED

High Score Club 8.25 - Variety Pack 3

Ze_ro

As a newbie to the HSC, I'd like to echo Scrabbler's sentiments and thank everybody in the club for their cordial hospitality. I especially would like to thank Ze_ro for the work he puts into this :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Zero did perfect on Season 8. It was a blast! and the total number of games in the season seemed just right, and then the introducing of the Variety Packs and new challenges did keep the games always fresh!

Also congrads to Miss 2600, oyamafamily, Gorfy etc... for their new but strong showings and excellent Private Eye work Miss.

That got ya' like 32 points on that game! That's probably a record...

for a non variety pack!

Well, Season 8 is almost over and here's the last ramblings for this season from this old Atari gamer -

First, congratulation to toymailman. Thanks for setting the bar that we all can aspire to. You were spectacular (again!)

Also, a big nod to JacobZu7zu7. You stepped up this season and put up some awesome scores and made the competition great fun.

And oyamafamily, you were tremendous, as always.

Special Shout Out to Ze_ro for all the hard work of putting this season together and doing all that score accounting stuff.

Also, I want to thank all the new players that stopped in this season (yes, Miss 2600, I see your face in the crowd.) Everybody who participates makes this a funner place to be. (In tournament scrabble, yes, 'funner' is acceptable.)

Thanks all and see you next season (you know, like tomorrow.)

Thanks, Scrabbler15. For the Season 9 of 2600 HSC, my goal will be:

Stay among TOP 10 since the beginning of this Season (i.e., after Round 9.01)!

As a newbie to the HSC, I'd like to echo Scrabbler's sentiments and thank everybody in the club for their cordial hospitality. I especially would like to thank Ze_ro for the work he puts into this :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Zero did perfect on Season 8. It was a blast! and the total number of games in the season seemed just right, and then the introducing of the Variety Packs and new challenges did keep the games always fresh!

Also congrads to Miss 2600, oyamafamily, Gorfy etc... for their new but strong showings and excellent Private Eye work Miss.

That got ya' like 32 points on that game! That's probably a record...

for a non variety pack!

I wish I did the Private eye challenge. They only thing a can't find on level five is the person holding the stamps,lol. Where is he?

I wish I did the Private eye challenge. They only thing a can't find on level five is the person holding the stamps,lol. Where is he?

From my notes, go left from the Shoe Shop and take the first detour you come to and then take the detour again (the detour you end up at after taking the previous detour) then go left and you should find the stamp. I hope that makes sense.

I wish I could have finished the final case, but I couldn't find the crook and kept running out of time.

Thanks for the nice words everyone! The 2600 HSC is great, and the players are top notch. :thumbsup:

JacobZu7zu7, oyamafamily, Scrabbler15, and Deteacher kept consistent pressure every week. No slacking allowed here!

I began near the end of Season 4 and have only missed a few since. Season 8 ended at just the right time as my wife and I are expecting our first child any time now. I will try to get in scores for Season 9, but may miss some as priorities will be altered. :D

I can't wait for my son to be old enough to play Atari with me (yes, he will be raised on the classics). Maybe by Season 15 you'll see a couple of scores posted from over here.

Special thanks to Ze_ro for making it all happen, and the Variety Packs were a nice touch this season. We got to play 4 games over a two week time frame. That worked really well to mix it up and get more exposure to more games.

From my notes, go left from the Shoe Shop and take the first detour you come to and then take the detour again (the detour you end up at after taking the previous detour) then go left and you should find the stamp. I hope that makes sense.

I wish I could have finished the final case, but I couldn't find the crook and kept running out of time.

Thanks that helped me out alot. I almost finished the case but ran out of time. I had the crook in the car with 211,000 points then got hit but a knife with 1 second left and lost about 30,000, of it and finished with about 180,000, lol. The Crook is near the person with the Finger Prints. From the Finger Print location go over 3 screens to the right . That will get you over The Dead End where the Finger Print guy is. Now that you're over the Dead End go over 2 screens to the left. (the next intersection) Once you've done that just go to the left 1 time and he's in the building. The part that pisses me off is that you can't go back up that intersection again.

Edited by Frostbite76

Well, Season 8 is almost over and here's the last ramblings for this season from this old Atari gamer -

First, congratulation to toymailman. Thanks for setting the bar that we all can aspire to. You were spectacular (again!)

Also, a big nod to JacobZu7zu7. You stepped up this season and put up some awesome scores and made the competition great fun.

And oyamafamily, you were tremendous, as always.

Special Shout Out to Ze_ro for all the hard work of putting this season together and doing all that score accounting stuff.

Also, I want to thank all the new players that stopped in this season (yes, Miss 2600, I see your face in the crowd.) Everybody who participates makes this a funner place to be. (In tournament scrabble, yes, 'funner' is acceptable.)

Thanks all and see you next season (you know, like tomorrow.)

I couldn't have said it any better myself. :thumbsup:

Congrats to the toymailman for winning the Season 8 Championship! :thumbsup: :party:

Season 8 was a blast!

Well played everyone! :) :thumbsup:

And hats off to Ze_ro for running the 2600 HSC. :thumbsup:

It's not easy to run one of these things.

Alright! That's the end of the 8th season of the High Score Club! And what a dramatic finish it was! I'm glad to hear everyone had fun, and I hope you'll join us for season 9... which will start one week from now. Yep, that's right. No new game today. I don't have anything prepared yet, so I'm going to take a week off to get things together and plan out the upcoming season (or maybe I'll waste it all playing MvC3 and Bulletstorm and throw it all together at the last minute... but hopefully not :ponder: ). One of the hardest and most time consuming parts for me is picking the actual games themselves, so post some suggestions for upcoming games here in this thread and let me know what you guys want to see! I'm quite happy with the way the rule changes for season 8 turned out, so I plan to use the same format for season 9.

Anyways, here are the final rankings:

1. toymailman [358]
  2. JacobZu7zu7 [317]
  3. Scrabber15 [261] up.gif
  4. oyamafamily [256] down.gif
  5. Deteacher [208]
  6. Miss 2600 [187]
  7. roadrunner [155]
  8. Jifremok [114]
  9. Gorfy [76] up.gif
  10. zylon [74] down.gif
  11. LarcenTyler [60] up.gif
  12. Zoyx [55] down.gif
  13. Vocelli [54] up.gif
  14. Chuck D. Head [52] down.gif
  15. keilbaca [46] down.gif
  16. pis [34] up.gif
  17. SeaGtGruff [33] down.gif
  18. Mingy Jongo [31] down.gif
  19. ClassicGMR [29] down.gif
  20. rmaerz [26] up.gif
  21. leematari [23] down.gif
  22. lastkill3r [21] down.gif
  23. HatefulGravey [17]
  24. Curious Sofa [16] up.gif
  25. Krytol [15] up.gif
  26. Mangia-Boy [15] down.gif
  27. doctorclu [13] down.gif
  28. Frostbite76 [13] up.gif
  29. atariUCLA24 [12] up.gif
  30. Pioneer4x4 [12] down.gif
  31. 4Ks [10] down.gif
  32. dooglehead [9] down.gif
  33. MrJimbo [8] down.gif
  34. Mister VCS [7] down.gif
  35. satan165 [7] down.gif
  36. madbutscher [4] down.gif
  37. MIKE5200 [3] down.gif
  38. ed1475 [2]
  39. littleman jack [2]
  40. pacmanplayer [2]
  41. Austin [1]
  42. flammingcowz [1] up.gif
  43. Player 3 [1] down.gif
  44. SpaceDice2010 [1] down.gif

--Zero

Thanks Ze_ro.

After I dug my Atari out of my closet this summer ( I haven't played since 1988), I found this site (by accident).

Then I found the high score club (wow, this really exist). I have enjoyed it a lot (addicting good).

It has brought me and my 12 year old son even closer (he has mad skills)! Sometime we laugh and sometime we get frustrated (he has trouble with paddle games. kids these days do not have to use knobs).

We spend more time on the Atari than on the Wii.

Thanks for keeping everything straight. My life appreciates it!

Vocelli

I usually like to be surprised with the weekly game but

I will recommend

Lady Bug

Dragonfire

Crazy Climber

Turmoil

Season 8 was a real treat, a week will be a good time off for you to get what you need going... and for us... rest our trigger thumbs.

I have some ideas,

Maybe for a variety pack, might be a nice idea to have a "Pac-man challenge", and we'd play

pac-man, mrs. pac-man, and pac-man jr. and if a 4th game is needed maybe Alien or Jawbreaker somethin... lol.

Also an Imagic Pack, since we did the Activision one.

Another possible idea is an Olympic pack, with Winter, Summer, and California games.

Or a paddle pack, with 4 paddle games.

I'd like to see these (single) games show up next season,

Joystick games

Pigs in Space

Star Voyager

Reactor (difficulty A)

Worm War I (must play!)

Frogger (difficulty A)

Frankensteins Monster

Battlezone

Crypts of Chaos

Fantastic Voyage (difficulty A)

Crossbow

Dark Cavern

Frostbite (difficulty A)

Entombed

Flash Gordon

Front Line

Dolphin

Paddle games

Solar Storm

GI Joe

Demons to Diamonds

Thats more then enuff suggestions... I hope a few games I wrote down make it to Season 9 next week!

A few suggestions/ideas.

Road Runner (hasn't been played since 2006!)

Sea Hawk

Space Invaders (game 1)

Bump n' Jump

Mario Bros (game 1)

Frogger II Threeedeep

Kool Aid Man (oh yeeeahh!!)

A keyboard/childrens controller pack could be a great idea.

Cookie Monster Munch (game 7)(C is for cookie, that's good enough for me)

Big Birds Egg Catch

Brain Games

Paddle games -

Eggomania (game 1)(difficulty b)

Breakout

I wish the Stella emulator (or any of them) had a NetPlay feature. We could play some of the head-to-head type games tournament style (brackets, double elimination, regular seasons, etc.). March Madness would take on a new meaning in the 2600 HSC with a Basketball or Double Dunk competition.

I think NetPlay would do wonders for the Atari community. I've never even played some of the two-player only games such as Super Challenge Football or Baseball.

Anyway, that aside, I have updated my unplayed games list and picked the following that seemed interesting to me to try in the HSC. Most of these I have not played before or very little. That's always one thing I've liked about the HSC is exposure to new games in the huge 2600 library. I will have to update this list with homebrews at some point as well. This will keep us busy. :D

Crypts of Chaos - 20th Century Fox

M*A*S*H - 20th Century Fox

Mega Force - 20th Century Fox

The Earth Dies Screaming - 20th Century Fox

Tomcat: The F-14 Fighter Simulator - Absolute Entertainment

Decathlon - Activision

Tax Avoiders - American Videogame

Guardian - Apollo

Shark Attack - Apollo

Breakout - Atari

Demons to Diamonds – Atari

Golf - Atari

Miniature Golf - Atari

Motorodeo - Atari

Night Driver - Atari

Outlaw - Atari

Sprintmaster - Atari

Star Raiders - Atari

Star Ship - Atari

Track & Field - Atari

London Blitz - Avalon Hill

Out of Control - Avalon Hill

Mission 3000 AD - BitCorp

Assault - Bomb

Great Escape - Bomb

Wall Defender - Bomb

Z-Tack - Bomb

Donkey Kong Junior - Coleco

Smurfs: Rescue in Gargamel's Castle - Coleco

Cakewalk - CommaVid

Cosmic Swarm - CommaVid

Mines of Minos - CommaVid

Stronghold - CommaVid

Warplock - Data Age

Tooth Protectors - DSD/Camelot

California Games - Epyx

Summer Games - Epyx

Winter Games - Epyx

Cruise Missile - Froggo Games

Sea Hunt - Froggo Games

Fire Fighter - Imagic

Shootin' Gallery - Imagic

Star Voyager - Imagic

Marine Wars - Konami

Glacier Patrol - M-Network / Telegames

Space Attack - M-Network / Telegames

Mr. Do!'s Castle - Parker Brothers

Stellar Track - Sears

Submarine Commander - Sears

Sub Scan - Sega

Up 'n Down - Sega

China Syndrome - Spectravision

Tapeworm - Spectravision

Escape from the Mindmaster - Starpath

Cosmic Creeps - Telesys

Stargunner - Telesys

Miner 2049er Vol. II - Tigervision

River Patrol - Tigervision

Entombed - VidTec / US Games

Piece o' Cake - VidTec / US Games

Ghost Manor - Xonox

Spike's Peak - Xonox

Challenge - Zellers

• Like 1

I wish the Stella emulator (or any of them) had a NetPlay feature. We could play some of the head-to-head type games tournament style (brackets, double elimination, regular seasons, etc.)

That would be so cool! I wonder how hard that would be to incorporate into the emulator. I know nothing of programming, but that would be an awesome feature. It would be fun to play some of these games against a live person.

I don't have any suggestions for games yet, but I am looking forward to starting season 9. I skipped out of the tail end of the season but I'm ready and rarin' to go next week. :)

That would be so cool! I wonder how hard that would be to incorporate into the emulator. I know nothing of programming, but that would be an awesome feature. It would be fun to play some of these games against a live person.

I don't have any suggestions for games yet, but I am looking forward to starting season 9. I skipped out of the tail end of the season but I'm ready and rarin' to go next week. :)

Congrats, Deteacher. You're among the 5 best players on 2600 HSC Season 8.

My goal at the end of next Season (9) will be: stay among the 5 best players, as on the Season 8.

I wish the Stella emulator (or any of them) had a NetPlay feature. We could play some of the head-to-head type games tournament style (brackets, double elimination, regular seasons, etc.)

oh I'm all for that too. I'm the only one of my friends who is into Atari. I just sounded like Homer Simpson when I saw this contest area. (mmmmmmmm Atari) I'm not as good as some of the posters, but am willing to get my game on. I can't wait until the new season starts.

For the netplay idea, I'd love to have a 4 player Warlords match or Combat. I hope that's in the next version of Stella.

My votes:

Seconding the vote for Road Runner,

and...

Seaquest

Fast Eddie

Commando Raid

Subterranea

Crossbow

Gremlins

Cakewalk

Jawbreaker

Tapper

Vault Assault

K.O. Cruiser

Halo :-)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And also... GREAT job with the HSC Ze_ro! I thought I'd played all the Atari games I'd ever have any interest in, but you introduced me to a bunch of winners I'd never given enough time to. Specifically Sky Skipper, though I suck at it, I love it! Thanks for all the hard work!

The games I would like to play in order

1. Tapeworm Level 3

2. Crossforce

3. Crossbow

4. Fathom

5. California games

6. Dragonfire

7. Joust

8. Fontline

9. Millipede

10. Up and Down

11. Tapper