IGNORED

I search atari friends in the Netherlands.

marcokitt2000

Hi atari users

I am looking for friends in my neighborhood.

In the Netherlands, and preferably near Arnhem / Nijmegen.

Leave a message here.

Greetings Marco.

In dutch.

Hallo atari gebruikers,

Ik zoek atari vrienden in mijn buurt.

In Nederland en liefst omgeving Arnhem/Nijmegen.

Laat even een berichtje achter.

Groetjes Marco.

Hey Marco,

We are already knowing each other. I'm also not in your neighbourhood. I'm in a place near Gouda. Do you know Mr. Atari (yeah The MyIDE man). He lives in Zuthpen... perhaps a bit more in your reach.

Searching for dutch Atarians is a bit hard, and searching for them within let's say 10-15 km is almost impossible. (Unless your name is Fox-1)

I remember being the ONLY one with Atari 800xl at school. I won my Atari 800xl when I was 8 years old, and the first person also having an Atari 8bit computer I met was when was 13 years old. I remember very well... I first did not believe his story, because I always was the only one with Atari 8bit.

Thanks to the Internet it is easier to have contacts. Especially foreign countries.

At last:

Why not visiting retro computer days? Last saterday was another msx/commodore/atari meeting in Maarssen (near Utrecht). Mr. Atari + Wife were there, Thelen (also on Atariage!) was there, and me too. We were the only 4 Atari people!!

I'd say: Atari folks in Netherlands UNITE hehe.

Speaking about Thelen. I suppose he will leave a message here too. We (He and me) are the founders of the infamous Inspiration Soft. Dutch coders group, atari 8bit only!

Yes. There is nice Atari 8bit activity in The Netherlands.

Marius

Wasn't the 2 freddies also from Holland (oops, Netherlands)...recent AA members

2 Freddies as in Offenga and Meijer

Indeed.

Fred Meijer is an Atari "Veteran" in the Netherlands. I know he has an internet shop (Rewind Games) but beside the Shop I don't believe he is very active on The Atari 8bit.

Lives in Schiedam

Freddy Offenga... haven't heard him in ages. Except in the HTT Reunion thread... A few years ago I saw a nice Intro on an Abbuc magazin of his hand.

Lived in Franeker (Friesland) but I might be wrong... but I thought he lives in Germany now. (Don't shoot Freddy if I'm wrong)

Hehe.

M.

Just OOI, do you guy's prefer the term Netherlands or Holland (or don't you mind)

In Dutch we call it: Nederland (The Netherlands).

But foreigners often refer to The Netherlands as Holland. But technically, Holland is just a part of The Netherlands. Noord-Holland and Zuid-Holland (North- and South-Holland) are only two of the 12 provinces of The Netherlands.

Me personally, I don't care. If you say Holland, I know you mean The Netherlands.

Robert

Just OOI, do you guy's prefer the term Netherlands or Holland (or don't you mind)

In Dutch we call it: Nederland (The Netherlands).

But foreigners often refer to The Netherlands as Holland. But technically, Holland is just a part of The Netherlands. Noord-Holland and Zuid-Holland (North- and South-Holland) are only two of the 12 provinces of The Netherlands.

Me personally, I don't care. If you say Holland, I know you mean The Netherlands.

Robert

... If my ears don´t go wrong you Dutch men, often call your "Bonds Team" with something like "Hopp Holland" ;)

Fred Meijer is an Atari "Veteran" in the Netherlands. I know he has an internet shop (Rewind Games) but beside the Shop I don't believe he is very active on The Atari 8bit.

Lives in Schiedam

Hey Marius, shut up man :cool: I worked for weeks to build a new Atari museum in the attic of my new house. And I have never programmed or done something else for the Atari 8-bit. I was the guy making magazines, manuals, game covers, organizing retro fairs etc.

I am still enjoying my Atari's, especially playing on my Atari pinball machine ;)

And for the other topic, The Netherlands or Holland. For me it is completely the same. Even in The Netherlands both words are used, for example Hollands next top model, The voice of Holland etc.

Regards,

Fred

... If my ears don´t go wrong you Dutch men, often call your "Bonds Team" with something like "Hopp Holland" ;)

Yes, you are correct. "Hup Holland Hup" is already an old song often sung by soccer fans.

As others already wrote, the term Holland is indeed used by Dutch people themselves a lot. Maybe it is because Holland historically has the most political and economical influence on The Netherlands and has relatively the highest population.

The Netherlands in its current form exists only from 1830. From 1581 - 1795 The Netherlands was smaller (only 7 provinces). But in this time, "Holland" had a big influence on the world because of the trading routes to for example the East Indies.

Robert

Edited by rdemming

heh, Netherlands/Holland... look at the bright side, atleast they dont say 'are you from New Jersey?'

now that is insulting...

(please note, no insult is meant towards people here from NJ, unless you are a politician in NJ, then the insult is meant to the fullest extent of insultedness...)

sloopy.

Edited by sloopy

Hello guys

I'm "Atari 8 bit only" and far from interested in anything else. Except when it comes to the (i)Mac. I'll probably never visit retro-meetings where >80% isn't "Atari 8 bit".

But I'm a regular at Fujiama (missed one because of my birthday) and NOMAM (not NO MA'AM!!!) meetings. They are much more fun. Check out my meetingspage.

Sincerely

Mathy