IGNORED

2 Funvision boxed games sideswiped

George

post-28269-129843159657_thumb.jpg

Atari 2600 console + 2 joysticks + 14 games

Sale price: AU $150.00

Estimated delivery: Varies (This Postage Service delivers within 1-6 days after seller posts item)

Postage & Handling: Regular AU $20.00

Local Pickup 0

Dear georgienchrissi,

over $1k, significantly more, sorry

I saw this listing and asked the seller if their was a buy it now. Got told $150 and it's all yours, so I waited and bought it for that amount as a buy it now. Go to the bank and tranfer money then read messages saying it not for sale. Messaged back say cut to chase how much has someone offered you told over $1000. I know it would be someone from here, but its o.k. just to let everyone know if you think spending big bucks is the way to go then go ahead. When people like me get deals done for way less and keep it on ebay. Then i'd like to say that really i'm most of the time a smarter and better buyer as I came close to getting a steal.

BTW, the last one went for around $350 about 5 years ago. I know because I was the second highest bidder

Yea not to sure what they go for as they don't show boxed really, but i've been told who side swiped them off me by the seller, as he's dealt with me before.

Well looks like all their ebay accounts will be geting shut as I had kept this deal on ebay and the seller is not switched on enough, by stating how much the other buyer has paid,the name of the other buyer,and it was done off ebay, on top of this I know of three accounts the other buyer has so will requeting to ebay trust and safty that those be wiped as well. So it' going to be good to see how this fans out.

Here is your link:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1806303831991?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180630383199&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I saw this as soon as it came up on Ebay Austarlia and stuck it on my watch list. They do not ship to Canada as it said Australian bidders only, and only post to Australia. ( Could have shipped it to Dino though :P )Thought I would keep an eye on it, and then it was gone with a buy it now. I thought, wow, someone scored a great deal at that price. Now to find out someone got screwed over on it...too bad. :( Sorry George, you had a good score. Cheers, FB :cool:

post-28269-129843159657_thumb.jpg

Sale price: AU $150.00

Estimated delivery: Varies (This Postage Service delivers within 1-6 days after seller posts item)

Postage & Handling: Regular AU $20.00

Local Pickup 0

Dear georgienchrissi,

over $1k, significantly more, sorry

I saw this listing and asked the seller if their was a buy it now. Got told $150 and it's all yours, so I waited and bought it for that amount as a buy it now. Go to the bank and tranfer money then read messages saying it not for sale. Messaged back say cut to chase how much has someone offered you told over $1000. I know it would be someone from here, but its o.k. just to let everyone know if you think spending big bucks is the way to go then go ahead. When people like me get deals done for way less and keep it on ebay. Then i'd like to say that really i'm most of the time a smarter and better buyer as I came close to getting a steal.

Wait a sec... let me get this right.

You emailed the guy to find out what the BIN was for this (even though there was not a BIN in the auction. So essentially... you asked for a side deal.

Upon agreeing on the BIN (SIDE DEAL)... you went to get money... and came back to realize the seller sold it to someone else for your BIN (SIDE DEAL) price.

Now you are upset and send an email asking "why" and "what for". Then you come on AA and admit that you tried to swipe a deal off of ebay (SIDE DEAL).

So... what's really your point in this post except to show that you do SIDE DEALS on ebay... and get upset when someone got it instead of you (obviously you are trying to rub it in someone's face to say "Ha Ha... I could have got it less and you overspent").

Not really sure why you felt the need to post this.

BTW, the last one went for around $350 about 5 years ago. I know because I was the second highest bidder

Yea not to sure what they go for as they don't show boxed really, but i've been told who side swiped them off me by the seller, as he's dealt with me before.

Well looks like all their ebay accounts will be geting shut as I had kept this deal on ebay and the seller is not switched on enough, by stating how much the other buyer has paid,the name of the other buyer,and it was done off ebay, on top of this I know of three accounts the other buyer has so will requeting to ebay trust and safty that those be wiped as well. So it' going to be good to see how this fans out.

Sure... out the guy here if you want. But this is still shady by you in my opinion.

Even if you were trying to "keep it on ebay" it is still a side deal that most of us can't stand on AA. And then you are going to report the seller and the buyer?! Because of what... bad ethics...????? (Even though you were practically doing the same?) To me... it sounds like you got a bitter taste of copper on your tounge and you can't accept that you lost the deal. So now you have to 'get back at everyone involved' to make yourself feel better. That's pretty silly if you ask me.

Nowadays this kind of side dealing games or sending the seller informations about the value of their item(s) after the end of an auction has become very popular.

That pisses me off!!!

Immorality, dishonesty and jealousy are dominating.......

Nowadays this kind of side dealing games or sending the seller informations about the value of their item(s) after the end of an auction has become very popular.

That pisses me off!!!

Immorality, dishonesty and jealousy are dominating.......

I will second that; pisses me off as well :x Just because someone got a good deal; you have to piss on their parade? Why? What satisfaction do they get out of it? Would they like the same thing being done to them if they struck a good deal? I think not!

• Like 3

Sure... out the guy here if you want. But this is still shady by you in my opinion.

Even if you were trying to "keep it on ebay" it is still a side deal that most of us can't stand on AA. And then you are going to report the seller and the buyer?! Because of what... bad ethics...????? (Even though you were practically doing the same?) To me... it sounds like you got a bitter taste of copper on your tounge and you can't accept that you lost the deal. So now you have to 'get back at everyone involved' to make yourself feel better. That's pretty silly if you ask me.

No, as ebay policy you have the right to ask any seller when theirs no bid on the item if they would do a buy it now. He did a buy it now which I then clicked to confirm it as bought. I then went through checkout and got his bank details to do a direct deposit. So went to bank to get money which I then transferd to my wife's account so she could do it online. She read messages saying that it's not for sale and to cut to chase someone has offered/paid over $1000+ for what I had bought, full stop. I could go to court as he has agreed to sell to me then resold. It's no different if you where to win an auction for eg. $100 then I contact the seller and say hey mate i'll give you $400 becouse you know what it's to cheap at $100. That's straight out wrong as i've sold heaps and you know what sometimes you get to much for things other times not enough it's all part of selling. Tell me what i've done wrong, their where no bids on the item, I contacted the seller and asked for a buy it now, I kept it on ebay I didn't say hey mate i'll pay you on the sly, and I followed through. Tell you what next time you win anything on ebay just think how it be if you got messaged by the seller and told that the second highest bidder's paid a heap more to buy what you won. Also i'd like to add when does it end if people are allowed to override an auction/buy it now format.

No, as ebay policy you have the right to ask any seller when theirs no bid on the item if they would do a buy it now. He did a buy it now which I then clicked to confirm it as bought. I then went through checkout and got his bank details to do a direct deposit. So went to bank to get money which I then transferd to my wife's account so she could do it online. She read messages saying that it's not for sale and to cut to chase someone has offered/paid over $1000+ for what I had bought, full stop. I could go to court as he has agreed to sell to me then resold. It's no different if you where to win an auction for eg. $100 then I contact the seller and say hey mate i'll give you $400 becouse you know what it's to cheap at $100. That's straight out wrong as i've sold heaps and you know what sometimes you get to much for things other times not enough it's all part of selling. Tell me what i've done wrong, their where no bids on the item, I contacted the seller and asked for a buy it now, I kept it on ebay I didn't say hey mate i'll pay you on the sly, and I followed through. Tell you what next time you win anything on ebay just think how it be if you got messaged by the seller and told that the second highest bidder's paid a heap more to buy what you won. Also i'd like to add when does it end if people are allowed to override an auction/buy it now format.

Sorry Eric, will have to agree with George on this one; Bidders can ask sellers to end a listing early and sell at the current bid price, but sellers don't have to honor the request. So agreeing upon a BIN price is fair game according to Ebay. Cheers, FB

Sorry Eric, will have to agree with Goerge on this one; Bidders can ask sellers to end a listing early and sell at the current bid price, but sellers don't have to honor the request. So agreeing upon a BIN price is fair game according to Ebay. Cheers, FB

This listing was never ended to do a buy it now. He did a simple edited to include a buy it now price. If it had bids on then it can only be offered to the highest bidder if the seller chooses to add/include the buy it feture and it cannot be done within 48hrs of auction ending either, correct me if i'm wrong as i'm no expert, just what i've picked up over the years and this is for Ebay.au i'm not to sure if their's differences to the American one?

Yes, I realize that as I had originally put it on my watch list when it was not a BIN. I am pointing out that you are allowed to ask a seller to sell their item if it has no bids or you are the highest bidder. I watched the edit when it became a BIN; that is why I was thinking in my head, wow, someone just got a great deal. You actually have a case if you read Ebay policies; the seller is obligated to sell you the item as you did use a Buy It Now. No you are correct; it works the same way on Ebay.ca.

Yes, I realize that as I had originally put it on my watch list when it was not a BIN. I am pointing out that you are allowed to ask a seller to sell their item if it has no bids or you are the highest bidder. I watched the edit when it became a BIN; that is why I was thinking in my head, wow, someone just got a great deal. You actually have a case if you read Ebay policies; the seller is obligated to sell you the item as you did use a Buy It Now. No you are correct; it works the same way on Ebay.ca.

This is all very true.

This is all very true.

Dear georgienchrissi,

sure, if it's any help, it's an ebay person you have dealt with before so I guess if you had a successful transaction with them, hopefully I will too. Thank you

- dijmatttcb Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

Sale date: 23/02/11 AU $150.00

AU $20.00

The seller marked the item as "Payment received" on 23-Feb-11 12:33:22 AEDST. Not sent Feedback not left Feedback not received Leave feedback

More actions

eBay Note: Cancel transaction case is closed. See case details

Dear georgienchrissi,

go ahead and report it. It was sold elsewhere (which I have every right to sell elsewhere as well) as I have now recently told you. I tried to contact you before you had marked payment sent on the transaction to give you ample notice which did happen...and I will refund your money so therefore I won't be sending the items. If you make me lose my ebay membership, so be it.

- dijmatttcb Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: dijmatttcb

Subject: Re: Payment and checkout: georgienchrissi sent a message about Atari 2600 console + 2 joysticks + 14 games #180630383199

Sent Date: 23-Feb-11 13:05:33 AEDST

Dear dijmatttcb,

I have bought this as a buy it now which you listed it as. You cannot sell this when I am the sucessful bidder for the buy it now.

You cannot sell this again after it was sold to me. I will be reporting this to ebay

- georgienchrissi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: georgienchrissi

Subject: Re: Payment and checkout: georgienchrissi sent a message about Atari 2600 console + 2 joysticks + 14 games #180630383199

Sent Date: 23-Feb-11 13:01:00 AEDST

Dear georgienchrissi,

sorry, as per my previous message to you, this item is withdrawn from sale. You will be refunded your money. It has been sold elsewhere to another buyer.

- dijmatttcb

To: dijmatttcb

Subject: Payment and checkout: georgienchrissi sent a message about Atari 2600 console + 2 joysticks + 14 games #180630383199

Sent Date: 23-Feb-11 12:58:37 AEDST

Dear dijmatttcb,

Hi, I have done an internet banking transfer of $175 to your account.

The extra $5 is for registered post. It should clear in a day or so.

Thanks George

- georgienchrissi

Item Id: 180630383199

End time: 23-Feb-11 10:51:55 AEDST

Seller:

dijmatttcb (312)

100.0% Positive Feedback

Member since 27-Apr-04 in Australia

Listing Status: This message was sent while the listing was closed.

Edited by George