IGNORED

new games !

rocky007

Hi, i decided to take time for me, and make some coding this week-end...

and prepares you to have a gently conversion of most of famous games in the world (woooooow)...

Everything is working very very good, only 20% left to finish it !

So, in waiting, guess what game is it :

post-25699-129944455162_thumb.jpg

Hi, i decided to take time for me, and make some coding this week-end...

and prepares you to have a gently conversion of most of famous games in the world (woooooow)...

Everything is working very very good, only 20% left to finish it !

So, in waiting, guess what game is it :

Congratulations. Good work doing the same on a RXB update, got the RXB Super EA cart done now.

.... okay, after 2 days of works, here is it my first 2011' TI99 games ;)

It's simply the conversion of Game & Watch Octopus. I choosed it coz it's easy conversion, especially great with incompability of sprites with compiler.

I used my flash graphics converter for the bitmap. Sorry if some graphics missing, but i have only 2 CHARs left ! ( i wanted to draw also the G&W itself around the game windows)

I encountered many problems with compiler, ( by exemple RPT$, DISPLAY AT, too many GOSUB??, IF THEN command, et... )... but step by step i finally compiled it !

It's still little bit bugged, so i'm waiting your comment to make the final release.

Title screen is awesome. Looks like sprites.

Game looks and plays pretty good...

My comments:

Gotta be a little more careful with random lines that it generated - it wiped or garbled out the TITLE lines - sometimes.

After game ended, some garbled lines and DATA ERROR IN 10

Sometimes appendages left without continuation.

Display AT is easily rewritten as a subroutine... RPT$ too. IF THEN - I haven't yet experimented to see if it works like BASIC or XB - but BASIC format stinks, I'll agree there.

Awesome work!

-H

Title screen is awesome. Looks like sprites.

Game looks and plays pretty good...

My comments:

Gotta be a little more careful with random lines that it generated - it wiped or garbled out the TITLE lines - sometimes.

After game ended, some garbled lines and DATA ERROR IN 10

Sometimes appendages left without continuation.

Display AT is easily rewritten as a subroutine... RPT$ too. IF THEN - I haven't yet experimented to see if it works like BASIC or XB - but BASIC format stinks, I'll agree there.

Awesome work!

-H

- Thanks for the comments... yes, title screen was coded between 2:55 AM and 2:59 AM .i did fast and like pork, it will be more beautiful in the final release, with intro picture.

- Yes, i didn't finished yet the Game Over... because no more CHAR left to write Game over ;)...need to find a solution for this...

- I agree, Display AT and RPT are easy to rewrite,...i lost many time to find where are the problems when assembling.

By exemple,

IF A=1 THEN B=1 don't work. Need to change to

10 IF A=1 THEN 100

20 blabla

30 ...

100 B=1 :: GOTO 20

So, my beautiful code is changed to super spaghetti code...

How did i ? it's really simple coding, a lot of spaghetti "goto", and many many many CALL CHAR ;)

I coded it like a pork, without optimisation, and i'm afraid to show the source bec it's really a bad exemple for people studying BASIC. By exemple, i used 200 x CALL CHAR instead of READ / DATA loop. I also used DATA / HCHAR instead of using PRINT CHR$. I changed many things in last moment, for color palette etc.., just because i didn't planned correctly since the beginning. But in final, compiled, it's nearly invisible..

The only thing maybe interesting for people compiling XB games : When the swimmer moves, it take a little bit more machine time and it slow down the octopus moves. So, i included a correction delay that keep a regular speed.

( Variable : XA )

So, for people interested, here it is the source...

OCTO_SOURCE.zip

• Like 1

try this image... i'm not sure it will work on original hardware, normally need CALL FILES(1)

Thanks! I made the disk and it loads perfectly on real hardware. Problem is I don't know what to do. I have pressed every key and moved the sticks and I have no idea how to play. What do I do? :)

** never mind! You have to hold function to use the arrows :)