IGNORED

Cypher Games PSX Controller Adaptor - Jaguar?

CRTGAMER

I just picked this up today at the Swap Meet. At first I thought this would allow a regular PC joystick to work with the Playstation. The odd thing is the 15 pin 3 row layout looks like it would take a Jaguar Controller plug. PC and 5200 joysticks are 15 pin and two row. This is strange as an adaptor considering how few Jaguars were sold compared to other consoles with more available controllers. Maybe a Home built, however the labeling and cutouts are professionally done. There is a PCB inside to convert the signal and the PSX cable looks to be a black PS2 cable. not a grey PS1 type.

Made by CYPHER GAMES, anyone every hear of this?

post-27490-12994545078_thumb.jpg

post-27490-12994547627_thumb.jpg

Edited by CRTGAMER

Its very strange. There are tons of adaptors to allow the PSX controller to work on various consoles as well as the PC. I have never seen another brand controller to be adapted to work on the Playstation though. The only controller with the right out of the box pinout connector seems to be of all things the Jaguar Controller. BUT THE PINS ARE MALE, JUST LIKE THE MYSTERY BOX. Jaguar seems like an unlikely candidate because of not very common compared to the other Ataris, Nintendo, Sega or even the XBox. Because the box looks commercial with possibly a PS2 cord, then maybe there is a rare peripheral that attaches to this.

Evidently the device that plugs into this doesn't have a Start or Select button that could be mapped, its already on the box. The Start and Select buttons are placed backwards on the box compared to a normal PSX controller.

I don't have a Jaguar controller to test this with. I do have some spare PSX consoles, I'm willing to take a chance of testing this on though.

I just pulled a pic of the Jaguar Console. The Jaguar ports are female, my mystery box has a male port with pins showing. So a Jaguar controller won't directly plug in without a double female adapter.

Can someone post a pic of a Jaguar Controller cable plug that shows the pins?

The Jaguar console doesn't have controller pins showing. This is opposite compare to the 2600, 5200 and the weird adapter.

consoleFront.jpg

Edited by CRTGAMER

It's a control box for a DDR metal pad. :thumbsup:

ddr_xboxcontrolbox.jpg

The DDR pads use a 3-row pinout, but it may vary depending on what's available to the manufacturer at the time. Here is a link to Cypher Games:

http://www.cyphergames.com/ddrdancepad.html

and a link to likely what Cypher Games sold these boxes with:

http://www.cyphergames.com/dadarepsarme1.html

Cypher Games is reportedly a cheap DDR pad producer of very shoddy goods, so it's likely they just throw whatever pinout they have on them.

It's a control box for a DDR metal pad. :thumbsup:

ddr_xboxcontrolbox.jpg

The DDR pads use a 3-row pinout, but it may vary depending on what's available to the manufacturer at the time. Here is a link to Cypher Games:

http://www.cyphergames.com/ddrdancepad.html

and a link to likely what Cypher Games sold these boxes with:

http://www.cyphergames.com/dadarepsarme1.html

Cypher Games is reportedly a cheap DDR pad producer of very shoddy goods, so it's likely they just throw whatever pinout they have on them.

THANKYOU, okay that makes sense. Too bad there was no Metal Dance Pad at that swap meet when I bought this. Mod wheels are spinning now that it looks like digital inputs. I can see adding multiple custom Arcade controllers easily plug into this. Well just arrows or movement only though. :lol:

Edited by CRTGAMER