IGNORED

Found Potential Rare Atari Games

cjrocco

Assuming falsehood, what's the motivation? Enlighten me.

Are you seriously asking that?

Money.

You've been around a few years. how many times have you seen some new member pop up with some rarities with some story about how they were discovered, and I want to sell but don't know what they're worth yadayadayada...

I'm just surprised there hasn't been at least three "PM Sent" responses.

I'll wager his inbox is stuffed already.

I think he is asking why someone would post all this if it is false.

If it is false- maybe the motivation is just to stir things up? People get there kicks in many different ways, and saying you potentially found lots of rare games around here is a sure-fire way to get people all excited... :ponder:

Edited by Tubular Gearhead

Assuming falsehood, what's the motivation? Enlighten me.

Are you seriously asking that?

Money.

You've been around a few years. how many times have you seen some new member pop up with some rarities with some story about how they were discovered, and I want to sell but don't know what they're worth yadayadayada...

I'm just surprised there hasn't been at least three "PM Sent" responses.

I'll wager his inbox is stuffed already.

I think he is asking why someone would post all this if it is false.

If it is false- maybe the motivation is just to stir things up? People get there kicks in many different ways, and saying you potentially found lots of rare games around here is a sure-fire way to get people all excited... :ponder:

Nail, meet head

Its like screaming "Look, its Justin Beiber" to a large group of tween girls and they turn around and see, well, me :D

• Like 2

members aren't nice anymore

We were never nice. Well *I* was never nice anyway. ;)

People make up stuff about rare finds all the time. Sometimes they're scammers trying to get money, sometimes they're trolls trying to get a rise out of people, and sometimes they're just attention whores.

For the original posters sake I really hope this is true, but I seriously have my doubts. Just remember the old adage "If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is."

Tempest

members aren't nice anymore

We were never nice. Well *I* was never nice anyway. ;)

People make up stuff about rare finds all the time. Sometimes they're scammers trying to get money, sometimes they're trolls trying to get a rise out of people, and sometimes they're just attention whores.

Yeah, maintaining a proto website and giving info to the community is such a jerk move! You should be ashamed of yourself! ;)

I'm just saying, every time one of these threads pop up it's met with a dose of healthy skepticism and then one or two "can't we all just get along WAAAAH" people who inevitably complain about how we're being mean to someone. I'm just getting it out there in the open before we have to read through another one of those manifestos. :D

I, on the other hand, can say I've never been nice and mean it. ;)

I, on the other hand, can say I've never been nice and mean it. icon_wink.gif

Shame on you Cebus! Don't make me go talk to your mother! Rats, I can't find anyone by the name of "Capucinis" in the phone book! icon_mrgreen.gif

You don't need a phonebook..you just need this black book I have and I will sell it to you right after I get it out of my Mother's attic!

• Like 1

So this is incredibly ironic. I was just on the phone with my mother talking about this as she was cleaning our basement, and she found our old family secret recipe for dehydrated water in a box! We thought we'd lost it for ages. Seeing as how I'm not interested in water, I'll sell it to the highest bidder. Shall we start the PMs at $3500?

You know this is legitimate because I didn't say "attic", I said "basement". Basements are nothing like attics, so I'm completely trustworthy.

I am nice and that is why cjrocco will sell those games to me :-)

Don't joke about the water, when I purchased my house in France I found a case of 20 year old bottled water in the attic (well it was the upper room, as my house don't have an attic).

Edited by high voltage

If my mother in law found some old games I'm sure it would be Combat, Pac Man (missing end label), Home Run (with my wife's initials on the label), and Strawberry Shortcake (with the top label ripped off inexplicably). That's just my luck typically.

I hope this is true. Not that I have any money, but I just HOPE it's true!!!

I love these kinds of threads! Especially when people start arguing over authenticity of something that is, so far, a third hand rumor.

Carts in an attic for 20 years (or longer) in many parts of the country would likely be warped from the heat, or other damage from temperature swings from one extreme to the other. Still, anyone who had that many carts and those particular rare games would be worth talking to. Might have been some kind of insider...

Early april fools joke by some punk from Nintendo Age? :D

This is what "I" would expect from the Nintendo Age....none of those kids realize that a collection of games in the 80's never existed of more than say 40 or 50 carts....most of which had no labels and writing on them. Those were them days where us cool kids would take them Aarons cards and put dem in our spokes for that cool motorcycle noise man!

Hello all,

Your posts have been very amusing, and no I don't think that anyone here was being rude or acting like a jerk, at least not much more than regular run of the mill message board talk.

What I learned from my mother in law was that her dad was a big collector of Atari games and he kept everything in a large chest, which for some reason or another she ended up with, thus the large volume of games. I don't have a complete list yet, but she is working on getting one to me.

As far as me never seeing the games it is because we live about 300 miles apart so I can't just run over there and see what she has. She kind of knew that some of the games were worth something and wanted to know if I knew what to do with them. I found this website and thus the initial post. I should have looked into the game titles a bit more before I posted because I did not know the extent to which some of these games were considered rare and I ended up looking a little bit like an ass.

Anyways here are the pics she took of the games. The newspaper is the Erie Times-News from today, from the Erie PA area.

Sorry, but the pics are real big....

(Edit: I have shrunk the pictures to make them a bit easier to see)

Video Life

Video-Life-3.jpg

Video-Life-1.jpg

Video-Life-2.jpg

River Patrol

River-Patrol-1.jpg

River-Patrol-2.jpg

River-Patrol-3.jpg

Out of Control

Out-of-Control-1.jpg

Out-of-Control-2.jpg

Out-of-Control-3.jpg

Edited by cjrocco
  • Like 2

well...those are very much so legit? Wheres the rest? just a couple pics of the small lots of 400 pieces or so?

Back to the original post..r u just looking for values so you can sell them on ebay or are you up for selling them here? or are you keeping them for yourself cause Atari is the sickest collectors piece ever and youve got a good jump start at something beautiful?

• Like 1

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

See, now THAT'S the way to shut everyone up! I wish everyone around here who showed up with a big story had a camera and the tenacity to follow through with proof.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1