IGNORED

Easter Tournament: Funspot XII

8 members have voted

1. 1. Out of the Possible 8, How Many AtariAge Arcade/MAME HSC Word Records Will Be Broken In This Tourney?

• None
    • One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • Five
    • Six
    • Seven
    • Eight
  2. 2. Out Of the Possible 8, Which AtariAge Arcade/MAME HSC World Record Will Most Likely Be Broken?

• Bank Panic
    • Defender
    • Lady Bug
    • Mouse Trap
    • Qix
    • Sinistar
    • Star Castle
    • Toobin'

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Just when you thought your Mousetrap score was safe, M. O. swoops in and drops a bomb to lock a third top score.

post-29539-0-37720600-1304306908_thumb.jpg M.A.M.E Offender - 182,400

I gave this one a little 15 minute trial run and this was the outcome:

post-29539-0-49852200-1304306985_thumb.jpg M.A.M.E Offender - 39,865

This game is an excellent kneejerk reflex tester. A great title in my eyes.:

I love how the game doesn't come with instructions. Sega probably figured the stuff was self explanatory. You got to dig in to this one. It's not straightforward, which is unlike most of the games that were around in '84.

post-29539-0-19807700-1304307073_thumb.jpg M.A.M.E Offender - 37,900

Time to attack Astro Fighter. See if I can get to 5 digits.

Rmaerz, I can't believe this, our score submission on Astro Fighter is a twin!!

post-29539-0-36363800-1304315732_thumb.jpg Astro Fighter - 8,980

As the Cynic said, this game is a test of patience.

I've run out of patience with Astro Fighter.

I don't want to see one of those little yellow turds EVER again!!

Amen to that.icon_thumbsup.gif

Alright folks, the tournament is over!!!

I think you will all agree that this was a very successful tournament in terms of participation and level of competition.

Out of the 10 games played, we had six different players with top scores!

I will calculate the tournament final standings shortly. It'll be interesting to see how tight the standings could be.

I'll leave this thread unlocked for a time for post-tournament commentary.

While some may say that games like Astro Fighter are cookie cutter games, it is really different in its own right. It rewards players for accuracy and patience. And those damn diagonal missiles are a killer!

The hardest stage for me was always the "TIE Fighter." But, what I discovered last night was to look for the fighters that are bunched up at the very beginning of the stage and fire away at that group. You can knock two or three out at a clip.

The pink aliens I always referred to as the "ice cream cone" stage.

Luckily, we put rules in place this season to deal with tie scores. It was the game Space Launcher that prompted this when only 300 points separated patbb and myself.

The point distribution in this case: first place points (20) + second place points (15) /2 = 17.5 rounded up to 18 for each player.

I think you will all agree that this was a very successful tournament in terms of participation and level of competition.

Cheers to that!

I had a great time in this tourney, no doubt. Lots of good players here, I really tried hard on many of these games but sometimes it's just never enough. :sad:

Till next time, gamers...

Cheers to that!

I had a great time in this tourney, no doubt. Lots of good players here, I really tried hard on many of these games but sometimes it's just never enough. :sad:

Till next time, gamers...

It's really tough for me to find the motivation on games I don't like. Vanguard is one of them and in the case of Mouse Trap it was just not having the right controls so I only played it twice.

rmaerz,

I know it's too late and most likely irrelevant, but u made a mistake on submitting my scores. You submitted 182400 for Lady Bug when it should've been for Mousetrap. My Ladybug score was 128 and change.

If you don't feel it's worth changing or if u can't, then no worries. But if it's possible, could u do a little switcheroo, just to see if I earned a higher position in the final standings.

Thanx alot!!

rmaerz,

I know it's too late and most likely irrelevant, but u made a mistake on submitting my scores. You submitted 182400 for Lady Bug when it should've been for Mousetrap. My Ladybug score was 128 and change.

If you don't feel it's worth changing or if u can't, then no worries. But if it's possible, could u do a little switcheroo, just to see if I earned a higher position in the final standings.

Thanx alot!!

Corrections have been made. You moved up one spot in the final standings.

The adjustments to the point distribution are as follows and will be reflected in the season standings:

M.A.M.E Offender +8

Cynicaster - 5

patbb -3