IGNORED

New Proto Found.... Slime World

EricDeLee

Well... I haven't spent alot of time with it yet... but... it is a really DIFFERENT version of the released game.

In fact... every level appears different. I need to spend more time with it as I never really played the original release before.

All I know if that is is a 4 player version (rather than 1-8 players).

All new levels...

And... well... it seems pretty cool

(For instance on of the first screens that pop up is not the first screen of the original release... it has a big old RED 'NOT FOR SALE' stamp across the screen).

I'll get some pics up here later on... I just got home for the first time in about two weeks... so I need to relax for a few seconds! LOL

Tomorrow is my Birthday... so it is awesome that I got such a cool find in the mail this weekend! :lust:

Awesome! Any info on this at all would be greatly appreciated. Slime World is one of my favorite Lynx games, and it really has quite a bit of depth. I used to love traipsing through the endless mazes, making my own maps and trying to beat that stupid sixth area.

I noticed back in the day that the "door" graphics in the screenshot on the back of the box were different than what was used in the final area of the game. I wonder if that was a screenshot from the beta? You can see it here: http://www.top-ten-games.com/Pages/Atari/Lynx/1/boxscans.html

Edited by PFG 9000

Okay... pictures...

post-3390-130005574356_thumb.jpg

post-3390-13000557485_thumb.jpg

Pics of the Proto....

(Pics of the Lynx Box... shipped only by wrapping it in thin white paper... sitting on my porch for water to get it wet: grrrrrr)

post-3390-130005583627_thumb.jpg

I didn't take pics of the Lynx 1 system that came with this. At some point they had taken it apart. Then inserted screws too big for the system... and they poked through the front of the console. So cosmetically it looks like crap.

post-3390-130005604799_thumb.jpg

"Not For Sale" Start-up Screen...

post-3390-130005604435_thumb.jpg

Title screen... Notice it states "4 Players"

post-3390-130005612908_thumb.jpg

Game version #1 "Sgorch"

post-3390-130005668639_thumb.jpg

Game Version #2 Slogic

post-3390-130005625753_thumb.jpg

#4 SLIME

post-3390-130005626056_thumb.jpg

#5 SLOG

post-3390-130005626394_thumb.jpg

#6 SPLAP

post-3390-130005756104_thumb.jpg

Screenshot showing TRY AGAIN when you cycle through the options with Option 1

post-3390-130005757828_thumb.jpg

Screenshot showing RESTORE TRY AGAIN when you cycle through the options with Option 1

post-3390-13000562545_thumb.jpg

Unfortunate part... after spending more time with it:

Even with all of these differences...

All of the Levels start off with 4 players running around. You control one of them.

But the bottom line... there doesn't seem to be any new gameplay... not from what I am seeing. I assumed they were all new levels because the level I started on was not the first level in the Original Release. But it appears all 6 of my levels are the second level of the originally released game.

So... what really is this? It is strange. It is almost as though it was a DEMO of some sorts to include show the 4 player stuff.

No clue what-so-ever.

There are still a few differences... but the pics above show the most notable ones.

Bummer that it's not new levels, but still interesting info. I have no idea what that cart might be for, other than a demo of the multiplayer game. I've heard multi is very fun, but I've only played it for a few minutes. I got my bro a Lynx with Slime World years ago, but we've only done the multiplayer once. How sad!

• 8 months later...

Awesome! Any info on this at all would be greatly appreciated. Slime World is one of my favorite Lynx games, and it really has quite a bit of depth. I used to love traipsing through the endless mazes, making my own maps and trying to beat that stupid sixth area.

I noticed back in the day that the "door" graphics in the screenshot on the back of the box were different than what was used in the final area of the game. I wonder if that was a screenshot from the beta? You can see it here: http://www.top-ten-g...1/boxscans.html

I thought I'd bump this, as I may be selling this soon. Anyways, I wanted to mention that the doors in the proto cart that I found are the same doors you see on the back of the box. Not the one you see in the released version of this game.

Although the link above doesn't work... the picture on the back of the box below shows what the normal doors look like on my proto

post-3390-0-60390700-1323046812_thumb.jpg