IGNORED

Sold on eBay

marksowden

Officially - me

Until it is in my sweaty hands... I remain paranoid ;)

Well, I really hope you get it, wait I have an extra $1000.00, sorry, I am emaling the seller and making the offer right now ;) Don't worry :P Not my style to screw someone over on a great find. Best of luck ( fingers crossed for you ) Cheers, FB :cool:

Seriously - there needs to be an understanding amongst this.community that if something is purchased for a bargain legitimately on ebay or another marketplace that a grace period needs to be allowed before posting this sort of information on this public forum. There is simply too many greedy jealous pricks browsing these forums who don't think twice about killing your chances of a fair purchase.

There is a 90% chance that by posting the link to this auction, my purchase was killed. Anyone who does so out of malice or just simply stupidity, should be ashamed of themselves.

I have opened a dispute against the seller, legally that item is my property, if it resells, the seller is liable to compensate me for the proceeds of the resale of 'my item'. There is actually an avenue for me to pursue with the police, which unless the seller posts me my item, I will follow.

It will also be an experiment to see just how much is possible for buyers to pursue dodgey sellers. I'll keep you posted.

• Like 1

Seriously - there needs to be an understanding amongst this.community that if something is purchased for a bargain legitimately on ebay or another marketplace that a grace period needs to be allowed before posting this sort of information on this public forum. There is simply too many greedy jealous pricks browsing these forums who don't think twice about killing your chances of a fair purchase.

There is a 90% chance that by posting the link to this auction, my purchase was killed. Anyone who does so out of malice or just simply stupidity, should be ashamed of themselves.

I have opened a dispute against the seller, legally that item is my property, if it resells, the seller is liable to compensate me for the proceeds of the resale of 'my item'. There is actually an avenue for me to pursue with the police, which unless the seller posts me my item, I will follow.

It will also be an experiment to see just how much is possible for buyers to pursue dodgey sellers. I'll keep you posted.

The police will tell you its a civil matter, and will not get involved ;) (even though it IS a criminal matter). its just a shame the auction was posted here before the item was posted, otherwise you would have been sweet.

The police will tell you its a civil matter, and will not get involved ;) (even though it IS a criminal matter). its just a shame the auction was posted here before the item was posted, otherwise you would have been sweet.

Never the less I will see where it gets me.

Ebay has directed me to an online claims section of the police dept. And given me a ref. Number to quote... who knows, like I say it will be an interesting experiment if anything.

Never the less I will see where it gets me.

Ebay has directed me to an online claims section of the police dept. And given me a ref. Number to quote... who knows, like I say it will be an interesting experiment if anything.

Let us know how it goes. This is clearly one area where ebay needs to get its act together...

I don't know about crying...

but i didn't let go without a fight....

He refunded me (after he claimed to have posted it), told me he made a mistake and was going to relist it that evening,

I contacted ebay live help and got some advice (ebay actually came through with the goods for once)

I layed down some e-law ;)

He gave me some more excuses.

I held my ground on my intentions if he didn't follow through with the sale.

Ebay had words with him.

I think he realised there was potential in what I was claiming and started back tracking.

He told me it was not an atari game and that he had refunded me because he didn't want me to leave neg feedback.

I told him just to send me what was in the photo.

He said he would, and the next day he told me he had posted it.

I was doubtful...

I figure out of principal it was worth a fight, this isn't something you come across everyday - infact as far as I know it is the only boxed 'time warp' with this box variation discovered, and CIB!, and super nice condition...

I tell you all these details because if this ever happens to you, I suggest at least have a shot at laying down some e-law and see if it works, It is better than just leaving neg feedback and pretending it is not going to burn you up knowing some scumbag got it by waving a fat cheque in the sellers face.

posting some pics soon.

I'm surprised you got the item. Over here, this would be a very difficult and potentially expensive legal battle. There are a number of excuses (lies) he could hae told you to get out from under any potential criminal charges.

Glad to see you succeeded!

Maybe you should offer him $20 for the identity of the person who contacted him after the sale.

• 1 year later...

I don't normally bother commenting or starting threads, however I thought this one was worth a go.

Let's see if this one get side-swiped also.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2607521814281?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260752181428&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

interesting Mark - isn't this your ebay username?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2007501876541?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200750187654&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2007501871201?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200750187120&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

the plot thickens.... http://www.atariage....__hl__funvision you may have a bit of explaining to do!

Edited by nofrills100