IGNORED

Forum Upgrade (mostly) Complete!

Albert

Some of the "smileys" in the blog comments for this entry, aren't supposed to be "smiling". (LS_Dracon's, Thomas' second comment, probably a couple of others.) I've seen this in other blog comments too. Not all of the smileys are replaced, either. If I had to guess, it looks like ones with text in them got replaced, rather than ones with just punctuation marks. But I'm having a hard time finding a pattern.

Another example, in these comments, I'm pretty sure Thomas didn't put :lust: there.

In these comments, Cybergoth's :woozy: doesn't make sense in his post, either.

A bunch more are screwed up in these comments, too.

Edited by Nathan Strum

Just applied a patch that seems to fix the sorting in View New Content and Today's Active Content. I'd really appreciate if others could test these two pages and let me know if A) the results are sorting properly amongst subsequent pages (that is, you're not seeing results on page 2 that should be on page 1) and B) there are no missing results.

Thanks!

..Al

Just applied a patch that seems to fix the sorting in View New Content and Today's Active Content. I'd really appreciate if others could test these two pages and let me know if A) the results are sorting properly amongst subsequent pages (that is, you're not seeing results on page 2 that should be on page 1) and B) there are no missing results.

Except that I still don't get the date and time in a logical format, everything seems fine.

Except that I still don't get the date and time in a logical format, everything seems fine.

What do you mean? Can you show me some examples?

I mean 24h time and dd.mm.yyyy date format.

And not AM/PM (counting up to from 12 to 11 or so) and day after month but before year. ;)

BTW: I could also live with yyyy.mm.dd, just anything that follows some logic.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

And not AM/PM (counting up to from 12 to 11 or so) and day after month but before year. ;)

I see, unfortunately there is no customization of time/date formats for individual users. Would be nice to see this added in the future, I know other forum owners have requested it. It's not something I expect to see in version 3.2, either.

..Al

Seems to be sorting normal again Will keep watching

Nice work Al Hopefully Invision will fix this as well as other bugs you patched/fixed so next upgrade is easier on you

Invision is working on making this stable for 3.2, they are probably sick of hearing reports on this issue (especially from me!!!)

Not sure the next forum upgrade is going to be easy, as there are a TON of changes coming in 3.2 with an entirely new user-interface for the forum. I'm already bracing myself for the barrage of complaints that is sure to come anytime significant changes are made (such as the times we've changed forum software (from Ultimate Bulletin Board to phpBB to Invision)). Fun times are ahead! Still no idea when 3.2 is going to be out, but I think it will only be a few months. :D

..Al

I'm already bracing myself for the barrage of complaints that is sure to come . . .

One thing you could do is only allow complaints from subscribers. Any non-subscribers who complain will be banned instantly, without warning. :D

Edited by Random Terrain

The new posts since last visit has been working fairly well over the last couple of days at least. There's only a glitch sometimes on the first post of the 2nd and maybe further pages, where a new post slips in. At least I'm not seeing missing or double posts in the lists.

When's the AA motif (logo) going to put in an appearance...Or has Al gone all corporatey on us and decided on a 're-branding' gig

It's coming back soon--I should have the regular AtariAge forum skin installed within the week.

..Al

Good to hear - the default skin just feels cold and depressing - I miss the bright, warm colors.

The new posts since last visit has been working fairly well over the last couple of days at least. There's only a glitch sometimes on the first post of the 2nd and maybe further pages, where a new post slips in. At least I'm not seeing missing or double posts in the lists.

Good, glad to hear that. Thanks for the report. Invision has been taking a lot of flack for "View New Content" and related pages not working properly, so this is one area they are focusing on for 3.2 (which is the next release coming in a few months).

Good to hear - the default skin just feels cold and depressing - I miss the bright, warm colors.

I'm not a big fan of it either. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have the AtariAge skin back (it's being actively worked on now).

..Al

• Like 1

Maybe it's a feature, but a search for 'depressing games' gives the following (quite serious) error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 15091 bytes) in /home/atariage/public_html/forums/meathead/sources/classes/bbcode/core.php on line 1011

I see, unfortunately there is no customization of time/date formats for individual users. Would be nice to see this added in the future, I know other forum owners have requested it. It's not something I expect to see in version 3.2, either.

So why is there this combo box at the bottom of each screen where I can (only) select English (USA)?

So why is there this combo box at the bottom of each screen where I can (only) select English (USA)?

That is for additional language translations. I just tried installing a German language pack, but looks like the PHP script ran out of memory before it could complete, which I would certainly call a bug on Invision's part. Languages do support a "Locale" field, which normally might affect how numbers (1.000.000 versus 1,000,000) are displayed, but I'm guessing the forum ignores that value and uses the settings in the admin control panel for dates/numbers. It's something I can play with when 3.2 is released.

..Al

Maybe it's a feature, but a search for 'depressing games' gives the following (quite serious) error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 15091 bytes) in /home/atariage/public_html/forums/meathead/sources/classes/bbcode/core.php on line 1011

I can reproduce this, not happy to see that. Basically the PHP script is running out of memory--this could be a bug, I will investigate it.

..Al