IGNORED

Adam, the easiest way of running the non cart games?

lucifershalo

how to run non carts Adam games on the machine?

for disk games, I suppose there is no solution except acquiring a disk drive or waiting for the SD multicart, if it happens...

for cassette games, is the trick of playing wav/mp3 versions of them via a cable from a player to the Adam, possible ?

Sounds to me like tou want to transfer the Disk/DDP images back from PC format to an actual ADAM format Disk/DDP... so here we go:

:arrow: Back in the day, we were able to direct connect a modem on a PC to the ADAMLink 300 Baud Modem and transfer files back and forth. I tried this a couple months ago with a Win2000 Laptop and had no luck... couldn't even get the two modems to connect. I had to do some digging around to find that the ADAM's modem is Bell 103 compatible and now I have to find time to try this method again as I didn't have the PC's modem set to Bell 103 compatibility... will let you know what I find as this is the only method you could use if you don't have 5 1/4" Disk Drives on both the ADAM and PC as well as the ability to boot to MS-DOS v6.xx or earlier (you have all the MS-DOS conversion programs on the DVD).

:arrow: Another method that was used back in the day was direct-connecting a serial interface on the ADAM to a serial interface on the other computer with a null-modem cable. I only used this method between PCs with a program called LapLink.

:arrow: The tried and true method requires you own an ADAM 5 1/4" Disk Drive and a 5 1/4" 360K Disk Drive on your PC (a 1.2Mb High Density Drive will probably read an ADAM disk fine, but it will not properly write an ADAM disk) and the ability to to boot to MS-DOS V6.xx or earlier. Once you have this setup, you can use the DCOPY program that is on the DVD to convert the disk images that are for use with ADAM emulators back to an ADAM formatted 5 1/4" disk. There is another program on the DVD called "The ADAM Connection" that allows for the transfer of individual files (like word processing text files) that comes in handy as well.

The really bad news is that a working ADAM 5 1/4" Disk Drive will probably cost anywhere from $150 to $225 depending if it includes the original box. A PC 5 1/4" 360K Disk Drive will cost about $20-$30 and then the proper cable with both card-edge and pin connectors will cost another $5. Not to pile on the cost, but if you don't have a supply of 5 1/4" DS/DD Disks, they can run you about $1.00 each.

I assume the package arrived... I hope you enjoy it.

Jim

for cassette games, is the trick of playing wav/mp3 versions of them via a cable from a player to the Adam, possible ?

I've heard of poeple doing this on another computers (can't remember which right now), but I don't think anyone has ever attempted to convert a Data Pack image to wav/mp3 and record it to an ADAM Data Pack via a PC hooked up to a stereo.

Back in the day, a lot of poeple used dual-deck cassette players 9had to allow for recording level adjustment) to copy ADAM data packs as well as to make their own new data packs. The best cassette to use, that was found thru trial and error, was the Sony HF-60. You also have to drill some holes in the back of the cassette in order for them to insert in the ADAM's Digital Data Drive.

There is an article on the DVD by Joe B/Mark 2008 that covers the above.