18 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Aquatron
    • Ballblazer
    • Seafox
    • Centipede (5200 ver)
    • Rescue on Fractalus

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

There, that should keep him happy... until he is crushed at his own game (again ;) ) :D

See the bonus round discussion here !

Links to games on atarimania:

Aquatron

BallBlazer

SeaFox

Centipede (5200 ver)

Rescue on Fractalus

Voting closes Sun 3rd April 10am BST :!:

I vote Fractalus, since it's the only one I have on cart. The Ballblazer I have is for 7800 and I only have the regular A800 Centipede.

Sounds like you and Zylon need some more games (or APE to download them!), there are plenty of good ones that you are missing out on ;)

I don't know what to vote for as Aquatron is a fantastic game, ROF is a classic but takes ages to play so would have to think about the format for that one, I've only played the standard Atari computer version of Centipede and that is a HSC gem (and probably will get lots of players on board), Sea Fox is a nice little game and then there's Ballblazer which would be good to play... hmm better do the game links while I make up my mind...

I vote Fractalus, since it's the only one I have on cart. The Ballblazer I have is for 7800 and I only have the regular A800 Centipede.

Sounds like you and Zylon need some more games (or APE to download them!), there are plenty of good ones that you are missing out on ;)

I don't know what to vote for as Aquatron is a fantastic game, ROF is a classic but takes ages to play so would have to think about the format for that one, I've only played the standard Atari computer version of Centipede and that is a HSC gem (and probably will get lots of players on board), Sea Fox is a nice little game and then there's Ballblazer which would be good to play... hmm better do the game links while I make up my mind...

I stick to OE hardware and use carts only. I went the whole disk drive and tape drive route with C64 and vic-20 years ago and not buying the same stuff all over again for A8's. I only bought into the A8 stuff as a more reliable long-term method of playing the games I love on the 5200, nothing more.

Aquatron is the only one I have that still works. I had Seafox and Ballblazer, but the disks no longer work. And I have the regular Atari 800 version of Centipede, but not the 5200 conversion. I know that one (5200 Centipede) is quite good and have heard you can get it on cart, possibly from Kjmann or Video 61. Don't know. Might inquire.

Go Aquatron!

I plan to get APE and a device to transfer disks eventually, but only for PD, hacks of games I have, games made freely available, and protos. I prefer to pick up the actual carts and disks of games. I have more than I used to have since my A800XL is fixed and I have more XLs. I used to have only 5 or so games and now the disks I have are Hardball, Karateka, Age of Adventure, Racing Destruction Set, Touchdown Football, Mail Order Monsters, Fight Night, Gauntlet, and some basic games (and I'm getting Juno First, Spy vs. Spy I and II, and Galahad and the Holy Grail for Easter, already here in the house). The carts I have are Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Berzerk (repro), Asteroids, Missile Command, Star Raiders, Lode Runner, Defender, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Final Legacy, Pengo, Robotron, Frogger, Centipede, Rescue on Fractalus, One on One, Qix, Super Breakout, Kids on Keys, Logic Levels, Music Composer, and Atariwriter.

Any chance of Myriapede being a bonus game?

Edited by BrianC

This is nice... but it's a "memorial" round? What - am I supposed to die at the end of it or something?

Oh man, I knew I shouldn't have put Centipede in there. If that wins, I'm going to get crushed like a bug. (and that won't be a pretty sight)

I really want to play Ballblazer or Fractalus. On which one should I place my futile vote?

I stick to OE hardware and use carts only. I went the whole disk drive and tape drive route with C64 and vic-20 years ago and not buying the same stuff all over again for A8's. I only bought into the A8 stuff as a more reliable long-term method of playing the games I love on the 5200, nothing more.

That's :cool: We're pleased to have you take part when you can :thumbsup:

This is nice... but it's a "memorial" round? What - am I supposed to die at the end of it or something?

Oh man, I knew I shouldn't have put Centipede in there. If that wins, I'm going to get crushed like a bug. (and that won't be a pretty sight)

I really want to play Ballblazer or Fractalus. On which one should I place my futile vote?

I did check after using that word - the dying part is optional hey if you survive Berzerk (read the Wikipedia link on Post 1) then you're gonna make it through ;)

Yes, Centipede was just too tempting, if it does win then anyone with only a 5200 or regular A8 version has special dispensation to play that version. Maybe roadrunner could see if the 5200 HSC guys want to join in for the round (I think they might have already played Centipede recently :?:) :)

I plan to get APE and a device to transfer disks eventually, but only for PD, hacks of games I have, games made freely available, and protos. I prefer to pick up the actual carts and disks of games.

Any chance of Myriapede being a bonus game?

Sure, why not :) I hear a rumour that a final final (v1.2) of Gwobby Strikes Back is nearly finished and will be available on Cartridge in the near future :party:

That's :cool: We're pleased to have you take part when you can :thumbsup:

I did check after using that word - the dying part is optional hey if you survive Berzerk (read the Wikipedia link on Post 1) then you're gonna make it through ;)

Yes, Centipede was just too tempting, if it does win then anyone with only a 5200 or regular A8 version has special dispensation to play that version. Maybe roadrunner could see if the 5200 HSC guys want to join in for the round (I think they might have already played Centipede recently :?:) :)

Yeah, we did play Centipede recently in the 5200 HSC. I think we have 3 or 4 players that also take part in this HSC.

For some reason the 5200 conversion of Centipede emulates alot better. :?: :ponder:

Aquatron is the only one I have that still works. I had Seafox and Ballblazer, but the disks no longer work. And I have the regular Atari 800 version of Centipede, but not the 5200 conversion. I know that one (5200 Centipede) is quite good and have heard you can get it on cart, possibly from Kjmann or Video 61. Don't know. Might inquire.

Go Aquatron!

If the disks no longer work (and they are single game boot disks) - if they have bad sectors then I guess they've had it, but you could try disk copying them as you may get a lucky load occasionally. Another thing you can try is loosening the pressure on them by holding the drive lever a little bit open (4 o'clock position on my 1050) when loading... or breaking apart the disk sleeves (as if you were separating the two halves but dont) so they are looser :)

• Like 1

Go Aquatron!

If the disks no longer work (and they are single game boot disks) - if they have bad sectors then I guess they've had it, but you could try disk copying them as you may get a lucky load occasionally. Another thing you can try is loosening the pressure on them by holding the drive lever a little bit open (4 o'clock position on my 1050) when loading... or breaking apart the disk sleeves (as if you were separating the two halves but dont) so they are looser :)

Thanks for the tips. :cool:

Um... excuse me... (ahem)... I don't want to be a bother, but could you move my vote from Ballblazer to Fractalus? That should tie it up with Centipede. And then, can you move my other vote from Aquatron to Fractalus? That should give Fractalus 6 votes vs the 5 for Centipede.

Thank you for your attention. :D

Um... excuse me... (ahem)... I don't want to be a bother, but could you move my vote from Ballblazer to Fractalus? That should tie it up with Centipede. And then, can you move my other vote from Aquatron to Fractalus? That should give Fractalus 6 votes vs the 5 for Centipede.

Thank you for your attention. :D

This is what it'll be like if we vote for "AV" in the UK :ponder: oops no politics - hey I didn't say if it was good or bad... lets re-arrange those deck chairs :D