IGNORED

Conclusion to - - Multiple COMMAVID Games for ATARI 2600 - Complete in Box

atari2atari

Well, the joke's been had, and I got some excellent conclusion to it all from the person who started it - - see my last post at the end of this thread for details! An AtariAge member, and he actually owns all these lovely games!

###

SO, my lady has handed down a moratorium on my hobby purchasing for a while, otherwise I'd be on this like white on rice! ;)

Saw it on craigslist this morning, a nice set of COMMAVID carts with what appears to be boxes, too.

Somebody should really jump on this . . . ! :D

Here's the link ("Atari 2600 & games" on denver.craigslist.org)

- - and then just the image from the posting, too, as well as a copy of the posting is down below, for those that hate link-jumping:

craigslist_atari_2600.jpg

craigslist_atari_commavid_april_fools_2.PNG

Good luck, looks like some nice ones in there . . .

:D

-a2a

Edited by atari2atari

What day is it again???icon_ponder.gif

Yeah, looks great, right? Like almost . . . unbelievable . . .

STRONGHOLD in a box . . . ROOM OF DOOM in a box . . . plus several others . . .

Gee, such a deal, and the seller looks like they don't even know what they have!

. . .

:-D

-a2a

Awww, you took all the fun away! :D

I had to leave a hint SOMEWHERE, though!

Seriously, though, this is NOT my craigslist posting - - that's the BEST part of this whole thing!

Some other twisted individual in the Denver area put this up at 6 AM this morning!

Best part (part 2) - - I actually fell for it and shot a quick email offering some lame $100 amount! :roll:

So, /slowclap to whoever in the Denver area knew how to pull an Atari enthusiasts leg - - hard! Great April Fools!

I saved the image from the posting for later use . . . never can tell when that will come in handy!

-a2a

Edited by atari2atari

Fuck Cakewalk too? That seems a little too crazy...

That's what blows my mind - -

- - unless this is some excellent Photoshop work (possible) then somewhere, at some point in time, this picture was taken . . . and those were all there.

I like to dream that it was actually from an unnoticed auction, or a craigslist posting of yore, and some Atari freak went home VERY happy or got a package that blew their mind.

Best April Fool's I have seen in a while . . . !

(And, yes, I did email them promptly, just minutes after the post, and then waited several hours before sharing this with you all - - hey, it's April Fool's day, but you never can tell! :D )

-a2a

Wait, how do you know it's an April Fool's joke? I mean, doubtful it's legit, but you didn't explain.

It's just waaaaaaaay to amazing to be true . . . and posted at 6 AM on April Fool's, so that it is listed first on craigs?

It just had to be an April Fool's joke. If not, I hope SOMEONE is sitting in their living room right now, with their mind blown at their new, amazing riches!

I'd like to know who posted it though - - they are my kinda hero, that was a GREAT joke, and very targeted to some hard-core Atari enthusiasts!

-a2a

Well, the joke has been had!

It wasn't mine, but I wish it had been - - a great April Fools!

I actually got some correspondence from the fellow who posted this joke, starting with this email - -

atari_april_fools_conclusion_1.PNG

And, of course, it came complete with the special Atari-ized Rick Roll'd video (very nice, might come in handy someday!)

BUT, that wasn't enough for me - - it was obviously a form-letter response for the replies he got, and I HAD to know more, so I wrote back, asking for the full story.

He wrote back, and it turns out he is a "long-time AtariAge member," actually owns all these (a complete set of COMMAVID carts, in the box), as well as some others (T-handle Air Raid, boxed Music Machine)!

Here's his email:

atari_april_fools_conclusion_2.PNG

And, in case you can't see those images, here they are, posted separately:

craigslist_atari_2600_april_fools5.jpg

craigslist_atari_2600_april_fools3.jpg

craigslist_atari_2600_april_fools4.jpg

Quite the joke! And he posted it many places across the country!

Good collection, too -- glad SOMEBODY owns those!

:D

-a2a