IGNORED

HSC8 Round 6: Centipede (5200 conversion)

Break out the bug spray...

Centipede (5200 ver)

Game closes Sunday 17th April 10am BST

We are playing the ported Atari 5200 version, there are Trak-Ball versions of this too Fandal has one and kjmann's version, cartridge avaiable too folks :!:

Myriapede by Landon Dyer (what did he ever do for Atari ;) ) is a bonus game for those wanting some additional bug splatting action! Scoring 4pts for for top, 3pts for 2nd-5th, 2pts 6th-9th and 1pt for all other places.

Download the games here:

Atarimania has COM file Centipede 5200 Rating 6.7 and XEX Myriapede Rating 7.0

Play on the default 'standard' level

IF you only have a 5200 or only have the regular Centipede you may play those instead, let's hope the scoring is comparable :ponder:

Game On!

By the way, here is the link to the thread about the Kjmann Trak-ball fixed version. (and notice my pleading at the end)

Edit: I didn't notice therealbountybob also linked to this. My browser is set not to underline links and, strangely, this forum doesn't put links in a different colour from regular text.

Edited by Mr.Amiga500

I'm not going to like this contest. I hate trying to play trak-ball games with a joystick...I'll see if the mouse works well (but I read that mouse emulation doesn't seem to work too well with the emulator.) Here are my scores so far:

Centipede: 13,761!

post-9712-0-64552000-1301858597_thumb.png

Myriapede: 24,970!

post-9712-0-62280900-1301858606_thumb.png

Has anyone noticed any differences between the kjmann one and the fandal one? Steve mentioned a problem with his mouse on the kjmann one. Anything else? I don't really notice any differences, and I only want to keep the better of the two. They both seem to work fine with my ST mouse in port 1. They both have the same file size. Sal mentioned having fixed all the glitches in his version.

I had to create a compressed (exomizer) version to run it from my my-ide cart (this one is packed from the kjmann version). I'm attaching it, in case it's of use to anyone.

Oh, and one more thing, it seems that if you press start in the middle of a game, you restart, but with one less life. Interesting.

exo_centipede5200_arcade.xex

Has anyone noticed any differences between the kjmann one and the fandal one? Steve mentioned a problem with his mouse on the kjmann one. Anything else? I don't really notice any differences, and I only want to keep the better of the two.

The Kjmann one has a fancier font for the scores. (presumably so that when you look at your pathetic score, the fanciness of the font eases the pain)

Oh, and one more thing, it seems that if you press start in the middle of a game, you restart, but with one less life. Interesting.

I hate that "feature" - or is it a bug? Who knows? (...what am I talking about? This is Centipede - there are bugs all over the place.)