IGNORED

Latest beta of ICE font editor

Hello ...

I am attaching the latest beta versions of my ICE font editor. The editor exists in three programs:

1. ICEIRG.TUR - will edit fonts in the graphics modes Super IRG, Super IRG 2, Super 0, and DIN

2. ICECIN.TUR - is for the CIN modes: CIN 12/Super CIN (Antic 4/graphics 11), MIN12/Super Min, and PCIN 12/Super PCIN

3. ICEGTIA.TUR - is for GTIA modes: Super 9, Super 10, Super 11, HIP 0, CHIP 0, APAC 0

Changes to these betas include a new color tuner which better allows you to choose your color palette for each mode, and a nice function which temporarily turns the character setdisplay to antic 2 when you are selecting a character to edit.

Some handy commands to remember:

G - toggle graphics mode

P - Palette select, to add colors to your drawing palette (ICECIN and ICEGTIA only)

^C - Color tuner

^TAB - Shift your drawing palette bar (in ICECIN and ICEGTIA only)

^D - Disk Menu

0-9 A-F: select drawing color

Two ATR's are attached.

Still to do: Bugfixing, ability to load and save individual font mask (1024 byte) or custom .IF file which contains graphics mode and color register settings.

I will also be modifying TEXTDRAW.TUR, a utility I wrote to do screens in the Atari text modes, to work with these new characterflip modes.

icecin.atr

icegtia.atr

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

I finally got around to downloading this thing to see if I can use it to improve the look of Secretum Labyrinth RPGs. As many do know, they are very dependent on Super-IRG to generate nice graphics in the many colors. I modified ICE-IRG to load and save the specific font files for Dark Castles. It did help me tweak the graphics further. I actually wished I did this sooner.

I have considered asking for external help with improving the look of the graphics to help cut down on the nitpicking, however some people on here nitpick does not matter what is done. Someone really familiar with Super IRG style graphics. What I do know now if that you have to keep the same number of lighter pixels between the two fonts or else the flickering will become noticeable, and the lumiance levels must be kept within 1 level of each other. (+/- 2)

• Like 1