IGNORED

Screen printed reproduction overlays for Vectrex Options now forsale

VectrexMad!

Hello Vectrex fans,

This project that started around two years ago has finally come to

fruition. I am happy to say that I am now selling reproduction overlays.

Graphically reproduced by Peteski and brought to you by VectrexMad!

Reprodcution MineStorm & PolePosition Reprodcution Overlays:

-Professionally screen printed

-4 Colour overlay

-Better colour regsitration then the original overlays

-White ink on the back layer (as per the original overlays)

-Die cut

Price for one set of overlays comprising one Mine Storm and one Pole

Position and standard postage is:

US £18.69

EC £17.21

UK £16.43

With normal postage I will not be responsible for loss or non arrival

of package. I highly recommend recorded signed for postage method for

countries other than the UK.

Position with recorded signed for postage:

US £23.62

EC £22.16

UK £18.21

If you want to purchase a set please send an email to sales@vectrex.co.uk

stating your country, and which delivery method you want (standard, or

recorded signed for). In return I will send you a PayPal request (from a

different email) which will request the amount in your country's currency.

Overlays will be shipped in a card board backed envelope.

VectrexMad!

Edited by VectrexMad!
  • Like 1

Looks good!

Do you plan any others in the future?

Any chance of doing a Berzerk?

Hello Rob,

When this project started nearly two years ago it began with a survey to gauge the "most wished for" overlay. The survey came back with Mine Storm, Pole Position, Star Castle, Protector as the top four. Mine Storm and Pole Position are now finally here. We looked at doing Star Castle and this one had the hardest graphics to reproduce - so we pushed that to the bottom of the list. We thought about doing Protector and we did get permission from Alex Hubert the author of Protector. But then there were concerns raised by some persons who own the limited edition of Protector not wanting to see their prized limited edition collectable loosing value. So instead the next two overlays won't be reproductions but rather new artwork overlays. It all depends on Peteski the other guy in this project, but the next two overlays he has started work on are YASI and Protector. The artwork will be inspired by the orignal arcade video game artwork from Space Invaders and Defender.

Ian

Edited by VectrexMad!

Looks good!

Hello Rob,

When this project started nearly two years ago it began with a survey to gauge the "most wished for" overlay. The survey came back with Mine Storm, Pole Position, Star Castle, Protector as the top four. Mine Storm and Pole Position are now finally here. We looked at doing Star Castle and this one had the hardest graphics to reproduce - so we pushed that to the bottom of the list. We thought about doing Protector and we did get permission from Alex Hubert the author of Protector. But then there were concerns raised by some persons who own the limited edition of Protector not wanting to see their prized limited edition collectable loosing value. So instead the next two overlays won't be reproductions but rather new artwork overlays. It all depends on Peteski the other guy in this project, but the next two overlays he has started work on are YASI and Protector. The artwork will be inspired by the orignal arcade video game artwork from Space Invaders and Defender.

Ian

Thanks. Those plans sound good too. Appreciate the work and plan to order a set next payday.

Here is my homemade protector overlay artwork.

I wanted green mountains, red aliens, and a blue score ( which isn't such a good idea since the blue is hard to align over the score).

Your artwork will probably have red mountains and green aliens?

post-29575-0-49897200-1304650243_thumb.jpg

I wanted green mountains, red aliens, and a blue score ( which isn't such a good idea since the blue is hard to align over the score).

hmm nice, any pictures of the overlay in action?

Currently we are working on the YASI overlay.

Sure! This is 2 inkjet printouts one on top of the other. Color still isn't rich enough, so I look forward to buying your overlays, whatever design they are.

post-29575-0-83249500-1304668422_thumb.jpg

Hello Rob,

Ian

Man, I'll definitely buy overlays for YASI and Protector! I was never a fan of the limited edition overlay for Protector, it seemed to just be pink from top to bottom, I think your idea to mimic the arcade inspirations is far better.

I've done a decent job of tracking down Vectrex games with overlays for them so, for those games, I would vote for whichever overlays could be "improved", meaning that the originals weren't really centered all that well (I think Star Castle falls into that category). I'm more interested in overlays for games that never had them (homebrews) in the first place such as the the Fury Unlimited games.

Sure! This is 2 inkjet printouts one on top of the other. Color still isn't rich enough, so I look forward to buying your overlays, whatever design they are.

post-29575-0-83249500-1304668422_thumb.jpg

Hey, those actually look quite good!

Hello Rob,

Ian

Man, I'll definitely buy overlays for YASI and Protector! I was never a fan of the limited edition overlay for Protector, it seemed to just be pink from top to bottom, I think your idea to mimic the arcade inspirations is far better.

I've done a decent job of tracking down Vectrex games with overlays for them so, for those games, I would vote for whichever overlays could be "improved", meaning that the originals weren't really centered all that well (I think Star Castle falls into that category). I'm more interested in overlays for games that never had them (homebrews) in the first place such as the the Fury Unlimited games.

Yes overlays for Fury's games would be cool. I am really looking forward to his future Warrior game, the overlay he will supply with the game looks wonderful!

Edited by VectrexMad!

Looks good!

Hello Rob,

Ian

You should take a look at the vinyl Vectrex wraps that were made for YASI. An overlay to go with that artwork would be fantastic (that, and it would give me a reason to finally apply one of the wraps I have to a second Vectrex console).

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110321235528/vectrex/images/9/99/YASI-PROTECTOR_WRAP.jpg

YASI-PROTECTOR_WRAP.jpg

Looks good!

Hello Rob,

Ian

You should take a look at the vinyl Vectrex wraps that were made for YASI. An overlay to go with that artwork would be fantastic (that, and it would give me a reason to finally apply one of the wraps I have to a second Vectrex console).

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110321235528/vectrex/images/9/99/YASI-PROTECTOR_WRAP.jpg

YASI-PROTECTOR_WRAP.jpg

Indeed, that is what we have looked at too, and that vinyl artwork was inspired by the original video arcade machine artwork.

I am a lucky owner of that vinyl. Would be great if they started selling those vinyl sets again too.

Yes overlays for Fury's games would be cool. I am really looking forward to his future Warrior game, the overlay he will supply with the game looks wonderful!

I am placing my pre-order for Fury's Warrior this week. Alas, he says that title is a bit delayed now, won't be out till September/October. But it's still a really awesome looking project!

YASI-PROTECTOR_WRAP.jpg

Indeed, that is what we have looked at too, and that vinyl artwork was inspired by the original video arcade machine artwork.

I am a lucky owner of that vinyl. Would be great if they started selling those vinyl sets again too.

oh lol, I just realised where you got that picture from! That picture is actually my Vectrex that I submitted to the Vectrex Wiki :)

• 3 months later...

Hello Vectrex fans,

This project that started around two years ago has finally come to

fruition. I am happy to say that I am now selling reproduction overlays.

Graphically reproduced by Peteski and brought to you by VectrexMad!

Reprodcution MineStorm & PolePosition Reprodcution Overlays:

-Professionally screen printed

-4 Colour overlay

-Better colour regsitration then the original overlays

-White ink on the back layer (as per the original overlays)

-Die cut

Position and standard postage is:

US £18.69

EC £17.21

UK £16.43

With normal postage I will not be responsible for loss or non arrival

of package. I highly recommend recorded signed for postage method for

countries other than the UK.

Position with recorded signed for postage:

US £23.62

EC £22.16

UK £18.21

If you want to purchase a set please send an email to sales@vectrex.co.uk

stating your country, and which delivery method you want (standard, or

recorded signed for). In return I will send you a PayPal request (from a

different email) which will request the amount in your country's currency.

Overlays will be shipped in a card board backed envelope.

VectrexMad!

I've only got a couple 100% good pairs left now and then they are all gone.

I do also have some reproduction overlays which contain fine scratches and small marks from the manufacturing process. These marks are visible when held up to the light but are not visible when the overlay is on the Vectrex. I'm selling these overlays by the pair (1 x Mine Storm and 1 x Pole Position) and including postage at the following discounted prices:

US £15.50 -> approx 25 USD

EC £14.50

UK £13.50

Edited by VectrexMad!