IGNORED

The Battlestation II Arcade Controller for NES/SNES/Genesis/SMS/Atari

So, I bought this from someone on Craigslist for $50 this weekend, did a search on AA and was amazed that no one has talked about this before.

This is pretty much exactly what I've always wanted, an arcade quality controller that would work with multiple systems. :lust: It's designed for NES, SNES (6-button) , Genesis (6-button) , SMS, Atari computer, C64 and has seperate adapter cables for each. Although it doesn't say on the box, it works fine with Atari 2600 systems, and one button 7800 games. And yes, in case you were wondering, it works PERFECTLY for two joystick play in 7800 Robotron! Also, since I bought one of Prodos' Sega Genesis to 5200 adapters, it works great on the 5200 as well, with 2 button support! I might even buy another adapter from him so I can do two joystick games on that.

Obviously, it does have some drawbacks. First, well, it's pretty huge, you have to use it on a table of some sort. Second, the adapter cables for the NES and SNES are a joke, they are literally about 12" long, so some sort of extention will be required. It uses a fairly standard 9 pin serial cable, so finding extentions shouldn't be too hard. Also, this company went out of business years ago, so support is a no go at this point, of course we are used to that!

Anyone else got one of these bad boys?

post-12780-0-09612200-1303087010_thumb.jpg

post-12780-0-31590000-1303087017_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I got one, and I think 5 of the 7 PRGE organizers got one as well. Another organizer saw the ebay auctions that had overstock, and we all bought some. AMAZING JOYSTICK.

Place the Joystick on a TV sturdy TV tray and you are set!

P.S., your scores will be greatly enhanced with this stick.

I got mine today and it is awesome!!!!! I am so psyched that I can now play Robotron on 7800 with two joysticks!!!!!

The responsiveness of the controls is super good! I would recommend this joystick to anyone who wants to have that arcade feel when using their Atari!

• 11 months later...

Got my stick in yesterday! Asides from the guy not wrapping the box in anything (he slapped the shipping labels and tape right on the box, ugh), it arrived safely. It feels very sturdy, but the buttons and sticks aren't quite what I expected. The buttons look like typical arcade ones from a distance, but they don't feel quite the same. It's hard to describe. Likewise, the sticks feel very stiff, almost like the official Sega Genesis/Mega Drive joysticks. But, unlike those, you do hear the microswitches clicking on the inside, which is nice. Haven't given it an actual go yet, but those are my observations with taking it out of the box. Will probably fire up some two-stick Smash T.V. later tonight! :D

• 2 weeks later...

well I tried it with the colecovision and a Champ CA-340 with no luck. I tried starting the game and then plugging in the battlestation and got about two seconds of play before the game paused. Any suggestions on a solution? I would love to use this with the colecovision.

My suggestion is to keep only one port plugged in (i.e., don't plug both players in at once unless you are doing two-player mode on something). I tested it out with Final Fight CD on the Sega CD, and even though I only hit start on the player one side, it started a game with two players. I had to unplug the player 2 side to get it to work properly. Not sure if it's the same with the Colecovision or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...