IGNORED

Ature - action adventure cart for the Atari 2600

yuppicide

Yeah you started talking about some fees like setup or whatever.. I can just do digital printing and be fine.

If anyone is interested I'll probably be at NAVA this Saturday showing off Ature.

http://digitpress.co...ewpost&t=153137

I will be there!!!!

PS: I never heard back from you about the printing quote...

Sorry Yuppicide...I should have been clearer. Even with digital, there are "set up charges", but that is more of a technical term. It is all about file prep. If the files provided are completely ready to print, then the set up is extremely minimal. Set up includes proofing for spelling (although this might not be so important on a Taiwan Cooper repro icon_mrgreen.gif), color correction and e-proofs.

Let me know if you are happy with your current run. I can easily show you some print samples in the future, if you want a comparison on quality or price for printing.

In any case, I'll be there Saturday and I'm excited to take a peek at your project. Any particular time you are planning to be there?

-Ben

Well, I put an hour in making a real pal version with changed colors and everything.

The colors don't match exactly, but should be playable. It works on an emulator, but I don't know

if it will on the real system.

Thank you.

Did you use this tool for the conversion?

The first row in PAL titlescreen is wrong.

When PAL colors will be OK, you should make a PAL60 version too because PAL50 is slower than NTSC.

post-12528-0-91982800-1304196573_thumb.png post-12528-0-65661200-1304196574_thumb.png

The first PAL row is white, a different color.

Moreover, NTSC titlescreen is greenish, PAL is brownish.

PAL has greens but different from the original ones; perhaps author doesn't like them and preferred to use brownish.

In that case, only first row should be corrected.

Dear Philsan,

I'm well aware of the color differences. I think that since PAL has different colors than NTSC anyway,

it's probably not possible to correctly convert the colors anyway. I tried using the tool you suggested,

but I didn't like the results too much. So I chose colors which I liked better myself. You'll notice all

through the game that the colors are different. So, let's say the original colors were lost in translation,

like in the old days. :)

B.

If you chose and checked all colors, perfect!

But IMHO the first white line in PAL title screen is out of context.

Yes it is. It's the European gamers getting screwed over by a rushed mediocre PAL conversion, yet again, like always. ;)

Edited by beoran

Finally got to play it today and it is really, really awesome. Love, love love the HUGE world, the story and the detail.

The manual could be a bit more explicit about how to use items in the inventory, like the magic books. Also a graphic legend for what the leaves look like on screen and in the inventory would have helped (I think I figured it out).

This game should be in every 2600 fan's collection.

yuppicide, check your PM's!!!

I originally had "better intentions" for the manual (ie: better layout and graphics) but time got short on me. I spent too much time searching for some place to do them more professional, that in the end I was rushed and had to go to FedEx. I didn't measure the box, thus they were printed a tad too large. It is what it is I guess.

Dear StanJr,

Glad you're enjoying the game and it's story.

Although I most of the story is in the manual, as it was in that time, I tried to put some visual storytelling in there too.

As for the manual, the sources of the manual are available, in the zip file in this thread, so

anyone to make improvements to them. That's the point of an "open source" project like this:

you too can contribute to improve it. :)

You'll need Libreoffice or Openoffice to edit the manual, but those are free software you

can google for and download. Make your changes and send the modified version back to me and

I'll make a new zip file release with the improvements included.

Kind regards,

B.

Oh wow, that is pretty cool, but I am nowhere qualified to do such a thing. Let me play it through a few more times and figure some things out, then maybe I'll take a look at it.

Took me a minute to figure out how to trigger than yellow switch on the beach...heh...

Weeee! I beat it again last night, and this time I got the shield and the armor! Somehow I totally missed the castle my first go through! Too bad too, that is one tough boss fight!

Looking forward to another play through again tomorrow.

Is the ROM available here on AA? I'd like to run through it on my emu and get some screenshots.