IGNORED

Otomedius Excellent

Gabriel

Another heads up for another 360 shmup getting a NA release. This time it's Konami's Otomedius Excellent.

Amazon already has it up for pre-order with a June 28th release date. However, I don't think a firm release time has been set for this one yet, so that date is probably pulled out of someone's ass.

• Like 1

Another heads up for another 360 shmup getting a NA release. This time it's Konami's Otomedius Excellent.

Amazon already has it up for pre-order with a June 28th release date. However, I don't think a firm release time has been set for this one yet, so that date is probably pulled out of someone's ass.

The rumor is that this will be a pretty heavily censored version of the game that just came out in Japan. I've watched the promo vids and they did add quite a few extra bits to cover the cleavage in the game.

Still, it will be well worth the cost and I'll get it day one. Have to do everything to keep shmups coming out domestically!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I heard of the EU release, but not the NA released version. Gonna have to pick this up. The EU release will work in the NA xboxes, but I dunno if its just as censored too.

EDIT: I just called my local gamestop. They have never heard of the game, nor did they order it. Lovely.

Edited by keilbaca

EDIT: I just called my local gamestop. They have never heard of the game, nor did they order it. Lovely.

Yeah, I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to have to order this one online.

Amazon. Here I cometh :-)

-Grizz

Edited by GrizzLee

I finally picked up the Collectors Edition this week... which included a pillow case, art book and soundtrack. So far, I'm really enjoying it! Lots of cleavage, silly anime girls...and stuff blows up real good!

Don't forget to download Vic Viper as a playable ship on Xbox live :)

I finally got a copy of this... I am not impressed. In fact, I am disappointed. That's too bad as I was really looking forward to some shump goodness :-(

It doesn't feel polished enough. It feels like Gradius on downers. I really can't put my finger on it, but it doesn't have the feel of a good shump.

Some of the enemies are completely unfair (appear out of nowhere and plow you over with no chance. Definitely need to memorize the patterns of these nasties).

Maybe I'll see if I can get the Vic Viper as someone mentioned. I was unaware of that.

Just my thoughts...

-Grizz

I'm with Lee on this one. It's mediocre at best. Raiden Fighters and Deathsmiles are miles better than this. It's like Gradius, only where the evil empire is retarded, and too bored to bother attacking you with any real intensity. The character designs are lame, and the hitbox is HUGE, making for some cheap deaths. All in all, I'm pretty disappointed. It's not horrible, but it's C grade XBLA quality stuff.

Edited by Lord Thag
  • Like 1

I've been on a serious shmup bender lately, and my backup-friendly Dreamcast is entirely to blame.

This game? Well, if nothing else, I'm glad that wacko Japanese titles are still finding their niche here in North America. I'm not old enough to fully appreciate Gradius as a game of its time, and tend to prefer the newer bullet-hell style of games. Seeing this one on the shelf at EB games today immediately prompted me to recall that weird Sega-published RPG that featured game consoles anthropomorphized as anime chicks.