IGNORED

HSC8 Round 8: Games from 2011

Deciding that we should be the ones to support new atari developments, in round 8 we have three great new games; well one great new one CTetris by Hayden Doan and Fandal's revamp of the classic The Dreadnaught Factor, plus my final version (1.2) of Gwobby Strikes Back! released today, I hope you like it :!:

New players welcome, checkout the beginners' guide. As GSB only runs on an XL/XE, the few 800 only users or anyone who cannot download these games can play any (1, 2 or 3) games not played before in the HSC, (check the Ratings and Records to see what's been played). I'll award 2pts for each plus I might set you a challenge or two for extra points so nominate your games early on ;)

Scoring will be standard HSC points for all three games so I'm giving an extra week to play, closing date Sunday 22nd May 10am BST. To make things fair :ponder: for GSB I'll take a 50% score reduction and cap my score to the last person below me.

For The Dreadnaught Factor, play on each level and post your score and distance. The total combined score for all levels will count. The highest total distance will receive a bonus HSC point. No autofire folks ;)

Altirra users please set the following (so you don't get an advantage in games such as GSB) 'View' 'Overscan Mode' 'Normal' :thumbsup:

Download the games here:

Gwobby Strikes Back (v1.2)

CTetris (4g)

The Dreadnaught Factor II instructions here

Ok, I'm not a fan... So I'm going to play three rounds of Lone Raider instead!

Early campaigning for Bonus Round 10 ;)

Round 9 will be a re-cap of some of the games that people have been begging for :cool:

I'm not a fan of that Gwobby Game... I'm a huge fan :D

Still a day or two left to play in Round 7 if anyone missed it - Joust, plus quickies Space Eggs and the dreaded Super Bunny.

p.s. there's a newer version of Ctetris sorry Actris on the way... stay tuned folks :!:

I've tweaked The Dreadnaught Factor II scoring to be combined score for all levels you complete (plus any partially complete level score), plus 1 bonus point for highest total distance achieved ;)

Here's my scores for levels 1,2 and 3...

2480 (91)

2225 (70)

4193 (50)

===== ===

8898 211 (how do you get multiple spaces to show anyone?)

TDF2 Tips - hold stick up as soon as level starts to get to Dreadnaught quickly; take out the engines early, you should be able to get 3 of them on the first pass :cool:

post-19705-0-88171100-1304544632_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-83501100-1304544643_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-44969100-1304544653_thumb.jpg

For The Dreadnaught Factor, play on each level and post your score and distance. The total combined score for all levels will count. The highest total distance will receive a bonus HSC point. No autofire folks ;)

I'm a little confused on the scoring for Dreadnaught Factor II.

Do we

a) play each level (of 7) and get the scores and distances at the end of the level?

or

b) play every level and record scores and distances after each dreadnaught killed?

or

c) play just level 7 and record scores and distances after each dreadnaught killed?

I'm assuming 'a' but so far I've only completed level 2 :D

also

I'm hoping it's not 'b' because I'm not sure I have the patience (or the skillZ :ponder:) to kill 28 dreadnaughts throughout the 7 levels.

[question]

The scores are obviously cumulative (as you kill each dreadnaught) but are the distances?

Edited by a8isa1

For The Dreadnaught Factor II, i think we should just play game 5 instead of posting a score for every level. :)

In the 5200 HSC when we played The Dreadnaught Factor we played game 5.

My score for TD Factor II game 5

774 :o

This game would be better if it used 2 buttons.

I can't get the darn bombs to drop when i want them to. :x :x

For The Dreadnaught Factor II, i think we should just play game 5 instead of posting a score for every level. :)

In the 5200 HSC when we played The Dreadnaught Factor we played game 5.

My score for TD Factor II game 5

774 :o

This game would be better if it used 2 buttons.

I can't get the darn bombs to drop when i want them to. :x :x

One of the shining features of the 5200 & Inty versions. ;)

For The Dreadnaught Factor play each level, score and distance at the end of each level. I think the distance is only for the final dreadnaught on each level as shown on the victory screen. It doesn't take long to play the early levels, levels 1 and 2 only have 1 dreadnaught. Playing Level 5 would be way too hard for most players.

You can aim the bombs: when firing it's the third shot that is the bomb so get in line and bombs away ;)

OY!!! Scoring 1200, c'mon at least get to screen 5 when the game gets more interesting ;) (The first 3 screens are really simplified)

TDF Level 4 completed 10,153 distance 48

post-19705-0-92261900-1304958096_thumb.jpg

Lv1 2480 (91)

Lv2 2225 (70)

Lv3 4193 (50)

Lv4 10153 (48)

============

Total 19051 (259)

OY!!! Scoring 1200, c'mon at least get to screen 5 when the game gets more interesting ;) (The first 3 screens are really simplified)

But I don't have the patience to get off of screen one, it just feels laggy when you jump and move.

But I don't have the patience to get off of screen one, it just feels laggy when you jump and move.

Fastest I could make it without learning to program in assembler... just started that (eek) so next game in about 10 years (collective sighs of relief)... when you jump keep/hold the stick in the direction, don't just press/tap it... play the whole game this way; hold the stick permanently in a direction unless you want to stop ;)