IGNORED

Gwobby Strikes Back!

Gwobby Strikes Back v1.2

OK this is definitely it! I've squeezed in a load of stuff, more levels (over 234,258 different screen combinations), additional death sequences, slightly faster gameplay, more level variety, plus tons of other stuff, checkout the Gwobby web site for more details.

The game runs on the atari XL/XE. The first few levels are easy so don't be put off!

In the High Score Club we have a triple header of 'Games from 2011' GSB, CTetris and The Dreadnaught Factor II, come and post your scores folks and support new developments for our great little machines :D

Download here: GwobbyStrikesBack-v1.2.ATR

post-19705-0-85744200-1304155664_thumb.png

post-19705-0-16049500-1304155673_thumb.png

post-19705-0-43609900-1304155683_thumb.png

• Like 2

Thanks for the comments guys :thumbsup:

There are some hints on the gwobby web site but here's a few more: there are two ways to tackle the platforms that move you/boost your horizontal movement, either let them move you and jump off at the end, or better still run them at speed and boost jump from them - you'll need to do this on some levels! Generally run and jump is better than stand and jump, Gwobby doesn't walk off the edges too easily so go for it :!:

BTW If anyone posts a score in the HSC you do not have to commit to playing regularly ;)

There are some hints on the gwobby web site but here's a few more: there are two ways to tackle the platforms that move you/boost your horizontal movement, either let them move you and jump off at the end, or better still run them at speed and boost jump from them - you'll need to do this on some levels! Generally run and jump is better than stand and jump, Gwobby doesn't walk off the edges too easily so go for it :!:

BTW If anyone posts a score in the HSC you do not have to commit to playing regularly ;)

Hopefully I'll arrive at a time soon when my Atari time doesn't consist of trying to fix broken 130XEs. At which point I should have time to play in the HSC again :roll:

Hopefully I'll arrive at a time soon when my Atari time doesn't consist of trying to fix broken 130XEs. At which point I should have time to play in the HSC again :roll:

i dont actually participate in HSC, i am just testing machines i am fixing ;'D

sloopy.

• 4 weeks later...

A reminder Gwobby Strikes Back! has a "kiddies mode" (select) that is suitable for children 4yrs+ this is not a standard novice level, it is specifically made easy for the younger atarians :cool:

If anyone wants to jump start to a higher level press Option, and when the prompt "press option to clear high score" is flashing press Help or Shift&Help or Control&Help; the game will then jump to level 6, 11 or 16 when you start.

Be careful if you take the rope shortcut at the start - if you boost up too far you can shoot out the top of the screen and the error trapping doesn't seem to pick this up - full detail of this are here

:)

A reminder Gwobby Strikes Back! has a "kiddies mode" (select) that is suitable for children 4yrs+ this is not a standard novice level, it is specifically made easy for the old and infirm atarians :cool:

Ta, just right for me...

A reminder Gwobby Strikes Back! has a "kiddies mode" (select) that is suitable for children 4yrs+ this is not a standard novice level, it is specifically made easy for the old and infirm atarians :cool:

Ta, just right for me...

the baddies still start to appear on level 3 just incase you are a talented kiddie :rolling: