IGNORED

FS: SIO2PC-usb cables

sloopy

I made myself an SIO2PC-usb cable, and when I was showing pics to people, several people asked for me to make them one... well why make 4 when you can do 10 for twice the price!

Asking price is $40+shipping.

SIO2PCusb.png

They are configured to RI, but are changeable to DSR, and work very well with AspeQt. they use an FTDI chip so it is plug and play on linux, and works well on Windows XP...

sloopy.

I'm using one of Sloopys sio2pc-usb devices just like in the pic above.

It is FANTASTIC. Using Aspeqt it is super fast. I have it set to 3x and the fast sound of the pokey beeps when loading is pretty damn cool. :)

I highly recommend Sloopy devices, good guy, great work, you just can't go wrong.

2 questions if I may,

What prohibits me from using the different handshake types, the software only works on R1 for me?

What is the setup so the x3 works, mine seems stuck on 19200 no matter what speed I choose.

Sorry for the newb questions, its a long time since I was technically involved in the Atari for a living and getting old and senile isn't helping :)

Okay, not quite senile yet ;)

2 questions if I may,

What prohibits me from using the different handshake types, the software only works on R1 for me?

What is the setup so the x3 works, mine seems stuck on 19200 no matter what speed I choose.

Sorry for the newb questions, its a long time since I was technically involved in the Atari for a living and getting old and senile isn't helping :)

Okay, not quite senile yet ;)

the 'handshake' type is what the command line from the Atari is hooked up to, DSR and RI are the most common, for the computer to signal to the peripherals that a command is coming down the data out line, instead of normal data. this is commonly a jumper or hardwired. On mine, there is a internal jumper to select which to use, factory is RI...

the speed is not only a function of what the PC is set to, but also what you are booting on the Atari... it you are booting something that only supports stock IO then it will stay at 1x no matter what APE/AspeQt is set at...

no one was born with A8 knowledge... we were all drawn to it like the shining lighthouse streaming 0's and 1's into the great digiscape that was (and is) the greatest era of computing to ever be... the reign of the 8bit's...

sloopy.

no one was born with A8 knowledge... we were all drawn to it like the shining lighthouse streaming 0's and 1's into the great digiscape that was (and is) the greatest era of computing to ever be... the reign of the 8bit's...

sloopy.

Okay, you might do good work but seriously stop spouting that BS...

;-)

sloopy.

Okay, you might do good work but seriously stop spouting that BS...

;-)

i wont say it here ;')

see repxpsonse on IRC...

sloopy.

i wont say it here ;')

see repxpsonse on IRC...

sloopy.

What's a repxpsonce?

its a typo of response, where it was typed repsonse, and someone who uses vi too much tried to fix it...

and then a a brit (or git?) mis-spells the typo with a c instead of a s...

sloopy.