IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped, Season 2, ROUND 5

Austin

Couldn't find any more enemies to kill so I turned the game off after wondering around for an hour.

Well I didn't wonder around for an hour but that is basically what happened to me. I turned it off with multiple cocoons left too :sad: Oh well I figured I would get a quick score in just in case Austin decides not to extend it. If he does decide to I will give it another run.

Score: 790,000

post-27652-0-64282900-1305507093_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

You guys did hit up each level right? using the airducts? there are tons of enemies (and it's a lot of fun when you get jumped by a predator) - Although I will admit the Alien game is the weakest of the three!

I probably didn't because I have no idea what you mean by "hit up each level" :sad: How do you use the airducts? If Austin extends this round I will give it another run through and try to figure out this airduct business you speak of.

• Like 1

You guys did hit up each level right? using the airducts? there are tons of enemies (and it's a lot of fun when you get jumped by a predator) - Although I will admit the Alien game is the weakest of the three!

I probably didn't because I have no idea what you mean by "hit up each level" :sad: How do you use the airducts? If Austin extends this round I will give it another run through and try to figure out this airduct business you speak of.

I am definitely going to extend this round. For one, I don't feel like updating the page, and two, I haven't found a working package to attempt to use it in an emulator..

Regarding the air ducts, if I remember correctly, you simply walk up to them, or walk up to them and press your action button for firing or doors.. Honestly I don't remember as it's been at least a decade since I've played the game, but that would be my best guess.

You mean the confusing everything looks the same airducts? I only found two airducts and they both led to each other. I'll have to give this one another go later.

• Like 2

The ship has five levels, plus the alien ship & the Predator ship... When you play as a Marine or Predator you can use the elevators to get from level to level, however the Alien can only navigate between levels by using the airducts.

When I first played this game years ago I mapped out the air ducts so I know pretty much where they are and what levels they lead to, I did get lost a couple of times and frustrated as it's been awhile since I last played...

That said, that is how you find more enemies and once you get up closer to the Predator ship you will find a lot of opportunity to increase your score rapidly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1,812,400. I could have had more, but I still got packing to do and had to get back to it.

I knew that the two types of enemies would attack each other but I never really noticed until this play through. Early on when I was in the Alien ship I could hear the Predator taunting me so I knew he was close. I walked into a new corridor where I was immediately attacked by a couple of marines and then I heard the Predator scream. The Predator was invisible in between me and one of the marines and when the marine shot at me he hit the Predator. The Predator turned visible and then one of my cocoons hatched. When I went back to that spot I found a dead Predator, the marines finished him off for me. Pretty cool except for the loss of points.

I never really played as the Alien that much so I didn't understand how the cocoon worked. Once one of the cocoons reaches maturity it doesn't hatch until your current Alien dies. It sounds obvious enough but I never knew exactly when it would hatch. A few times I found myself about dead with a cocoon ready to go and I would just kill myself with a barrel to get a fresh Alien (and the points from the barrel).

The third thing I noticed was the high score list. Your entry is a different color depending on who you played as.

I'm glad the Alien was chosen to play because 90% of the time I play as the marine and the other 10% as the Predator. I never gave the Alien much of a chance and always thought it wasn't that fun, now I know better. This helps solidify this game as my favorite Jag game.

• Like 1

Finally got around to sitting down to play this. I was totally the same, running round the alien ship trying to find these airducts before realising you could just use the door! Like others had to stop for time reasons but ended up with 3,320,000

Yeah, the airducts only get you to the next level up or down, internally you can just use the doors...

Impressive score, I didn't get close to that and I thought I had hit every level and cleared it out, killed severla predators and made it to the alien queen. What tactics did you use to bump your score higher?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, the airducts only get you to the next level up or down, internally you can just use the doors...

Impressive score, I didn't get close to that and I thought I had hit every level and cleared it out, killed severla predators and made it to the alien queen. What tactics did you use to bump your score higher?

Cheers, at that point I'd done the Alien ship plus sub-levels 4 and 5 with 3-4 predators per floor. Whenever I found one I'd race for it fast in case the marines killed it before I could. Whenever you use someone for a life you don't get any score from them so everytime I came across a large cache of marines I'd leave that group till later and come back when I was low on health. After the shot that kills you you can still move and kill marines for a short time so I'd return to these parts when nearly dead and could usually take out most the group before finally going down as I figured I would die if I went in on max health anyway. So minimising deaths in this way is a good way to rinse a few more points. Came across a couple of groups of ten and was usually able to take out 6 or so of them in my death throws in this manner. Pretty much exclusively used the jaw bite attack. I did notice on Sub level 4 one section of the map I kept hearing a predator but couldn't work out how to get to him, it was east of the medlab, as all the entrance doors were broken. However through the vents you can get in and found 2 predators and a ton of marines that way. Maybe there are more of these sectioned off areas in the game? Gotta say I thought the Alien mode was going to be boring but I love the respawning system they put in place.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...