IGNORED

Pics of our stash!

So I got the awesome TANDYVISION in today. She's a beauty!! And she works better than the regular Intellivision. I think we'll keep her. :D I took pictures of all the stuff I got between the two auctions. The price without shipping was $92 for both.

int-10.jpg

My babies! That's Tandy on the left and Telly on the right. They're brother and sister and they get along really well with my kids. Whew! Didn't want to have to throw out my human kids but if it meant not playing Beamrider a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do.

int-1.jpg

int-3.jpg

These are the boxes. Kind of bashed up but cool anyway. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the game boxes yet, maybe I'll give them away on here. I can see where they're handy but I don't really have anywhere to store them in this tiny place.

int-2.jpg

Crap! I missed the deadline! :lolblue:

int-5.jpg

Some catalogs and the owner's manual for the master system. Anybody need an Intellivision catalog from 1981? :D

int-4.jpg

Oops, we were not putting the games in the IMPORTANT way. Hope our INTV doesn't blow up!

int-6.jpg

A broken Bump n Jump cart and Donkey Kong instructions for the Atari?!

int-8.jpg

We have some double and triples on the manuals, as you can see. Not sure how that happened since we don't have more than 2 of any game.

int-9.jpg

The random and motley assortment of overlays. I'm pretty sure some of these were attacked by a rabid squirrel at some point. Squirrels must hate football though because those ones still look great.

int-7.jpg

The games!! Here's the final list after careful collation of the data by my computer-like mind. (i.e., putting them in a shoebox in alphabetical order)

1. Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (You should have seen us trying to play this without overlays or instructions--HAHAHAHA!)

2. Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Treasure of Tarmin

3. Armor Battle

4. Astrosmash

5. Auto Racing

6. Beam Rider

7. Beauty & the Beast

8. Bomb Squad (Another big HUH? when we tried to play it. Much random button pressing ensued. :rolling:)

9. Bowling x2

10. Bump & Jump (Love this one!)

11. Burger Time

12. Buzz Bombers

13. Carnival

14. Checkers

15. Donkey Kong

16. Dracula (Need to find directions for this one--all we could figure out was how to turn into a bat. :ponder: )

17. Dreadnaught Factor

18. Frog Bog

19. Golf

20. Happy Trails

21. Ice Trek

22. Loco-Motion

23. Lock n Chase

24. Mission X

25. Microsurgeon

26. NFL Football

27. NBA Basketball

28. NHL Hockey

29. MLB Baseball x2

30. Night Stalker

31. Pitfall

32. Poker & Blackjack x2

33. Q-Bert

34. River Raid

35. Sea Battle

36. Sharp Shot

37. Skiing x2

38. Space Armada x2

39. Stampede

40. Star Strike

41. Sub Hunt

42. Triple Action

43. Tron Maze-a-Tron

44. Utopia

45. Worm Whomper (Is this like shooting womp rats in Beggar's Canyon? ;))

int-11.jpg

My son and I had a wicked good time playing this last night!

• Like 4

Congratulations! That's an excellent starting lineup! The nice thing about the Intellivision is that the best games for it are also (usually) among the most common, and you've already made a good start on building a collection. If you can find room in your budget, I'd definitely recommend the Cuttle Cart 3: it will let you put every Intellivision game into one cartridge, and it will pay for itself compared to the cost of buying original copies of some of the rarer ones.

If you're missing any manuals or overlays and would like to download some scans, check out this site.

Atarigal, I am super jealous of that Tandyvision! I am really becoming a sucker for anything Tandy / Radio Shack related. I see you have Bomb Squad, so you need to keep an eye out for an Intellivoice module now. You should be able to find one for $10 or less. Someone here probably even gas an extra to sell. Have fun! Morgan

Congratulations! That's an excellent starting lineup! The nice thing about the Intellivision is that the best games for it are also (usually) among the most common, and you've already made a good start on building a collection. If you can find room in your budget, I'd definitely recommend the Cuttle Cart 3: it will let you put every Intellivision game into one cartridge, and it will pay for itself compared to the cost of buying original copies of some of the rarer ones.

If you're missing any manuals or overlays and would like to download some scans, check out this site.

Thanks for the links! I read on here about someone printing the overlays onto clear sheets so I think I'll try that. I definitely want to get the Cuttle Cart eventually (and Harmony Cart for the 2600). I bookmarked the page. :)

Atarigal, I am super jealous of that Tandyvision! I am really becoming a sucker for anything Tandy / Radio Shack related. I see you have Bomb Squad, so you need to keep an eye out for an Intellivoice module now. You should be able to find one for $10 or less. Someone here probably even gas an extra to sell. Have fun! Morgan

Yeah, I figured out the Intellivoice thing this afternoon while sorting the manuals to take the pics. I'm a genius but it comes in spurts. ;) It was pretty hilarious trying to play some of those games without directions, though! We had a good time.

The Tandyvision is so cool! I think I might be jealous of it too even though it's mine. :D It's really pretty.

First of all a +1 for some very funny posts! :D Secondly, I'm sure Rev and I can help fill some holes in your INTV lineup, including an Intellivoice (after I send out a couple of other INTV packages ;) ). Now that you've seen it in all it's glory, I'm pleased to see you recognize the awesomeness that is the Tandyvision. :love: So much woodgrainy goodness!

You and your kids are going to have a lot of fun on this underappreciated system. :thumbsup:

By the way, with 45 titles out of 125, you're well on your way to completing your INTV collection.

Edited by cmart604

You know, it really is underappreciated. Most of the games look really awesome especially considering it's from the same time period as the 2600. The only one we didn't care for too much was Armor Battle--we thought Armor Ambush, the Atari version, played better. We didn't really try to go off the first screen though so maybe there's more to the game, LOL. We whipped through about 20 of the carts last night cleaning them and testing them out. Our faves were Beamrider, Bump n Jump, Burger Time, and Bowling. I liked Astrosmash (I love SMASHING things) and Hollis liked NHL Hockey and Loco-Motion and Happy Trails. We played a whooooooooole game of NHL hockey, oy!!

I also forgot to mention that I was impressed by the controllers. I've heard some not-so-good reviews of them, but I really like the disc and it handles great for me. The multiple buttons are going to take some getting used to--we kept trying to press the wrong thing, haha. But considering it was our first time ever using them, it didn't go so badly.

The only one we didn't care for too much was Armor Battle--we thought Armor Ambush, the Atari version, played better.

There are actually two versions of this game, and the original "slow steering" release is much inferior -- the tanks rotate very slowly, which makes the game feel labored. It's possible that you have that version, though I can imagine preferring the Atari version either way. I think the "slow steering" variant is more common.

BTW there are a few games with similar issues. Auto Racing has a rare original release that uses a different steering method (absolute vs. relative steering), and the original release of Space Battle was much easier than the revised version.

You have a nice start to your collection, and a bunch of great games to look forward to! Some of the flagship titles will be expensive -- Thin Ice, Thunder Castle, Tower of Doom, and some other games that don't start with T -- but games like Shark! Shark!, Atlantis, Tron: Deadly Discs, and Snafu won't cost much at all. B-17 Bomber and Space Spartans should be easy to acquire too.

Also note that you can download PDFs of almost all of the Intellivision manuals and overlays here.

I also forgot to mention that I was impressed by the controllers. I've heard some not-so-good reviews of them, but I really like the disc and it handles great for me. The multiple buttons are going to take some getting used to--we kept trying to press the wrong thing, haha. But considering it was our first time ever using them, it didn't go so badly.

I think that meny people are still upset by the Negative campaign who Mattel did with those Giorge Plimton commercials, so many Atari Fans attacks the Intellivision by the controllers. But turns out that a very popular device, the Ipod uses a disc, what a coincidence!. I haven´t heard any complaints about it. :D

For me, is more confortable in my hand that controller than the Cx-40, but maybe I´m used to it.

The only one we didn't care for too much was Armor Battle--we thought Armor Ambush, the Atari version, played better.

There are actually two versions of this game, and the original "slow steering" release is much inferior -- the tanks rotate very slowly, which makes the game feel labored. It's possible that you have that version, though I can imagine preferring the Atari version either way. I think the "slow steering" variant is more common.

BTW there are a few games with similar issues. Auto Racing has a rare original release that uses a different steering method (absolute vs. relative steering), and the original release of Space Battle was much easier than the revised version.

You have a nice start to your collection, and a bunch of great games to look forward to! Some of the flagship titles will be expensive -- Thin Ice, Thunder Castle, Tower of Doom, and some other games that don't start with T -- but games like Shark! Shark!, Atlantis, Tron: Deadly Discs, and Snafu won't cost much at all. B-17 Bomber and Space Spartans should be easy to acquire too.

Also note that you can download PDFs of almost all of the Intellivision manuals and overlays here.

I prefer the basic Tank version in Triple action, Check out the Biplanes in that cart, is Awsome!

I think we might have that slow steering version, because it's just incredibly tedious to get the tanks to turn. The Atari version is already a little slow, but this is MUCH MUCH slower than that. The controls on most of the other games we tried were very responsive, so this one threw us for a loop.

I think that meny people are still upset by the Negative campaign who Mattel did with those Giorge Plimton commercials, so many Atari Fans attacks the Intellivision by the controllers. But turns out that a very popular device, the Ipod uses a disc, what a coincidence!. I haven´t heard any complaints about it. :D

For me, is more confortable in my hand that controller than the Cx-40, but maybe I´m used to it.

LOL, I remember those commercials! I do love the CX-40, but the Intellivision disc has a smoother feel, maybe not quite as precise though.

LOL, I remember those commercials! I do love the CX-40, but the Intellivision disc has a smoother feel, maybe not quite as precise though.

Did you see the commercial of the Comparision of the Baseball games? that was a good burn for Atari. you can find it on youtube.:D

I prefer the basic Tank version in Triple action, Check out the Biplanes in that cart, is Awsome!

Yes, definitely check out the Biplanes game in Triple Action, especially since you've got multiple players who can go head-to-head. To see how much fun it can be, take a look at this video of a Biplanes duel between two Intellivision programmers, which they recorded at Mattel in 1982:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_PDo3V15lY

In addition to the games thegoldenband recommends, I would add Diner (the BurgerTime sequel) and Super Pro Decathlon. These games are among the semi-rare Intellivision titles, and I figure you can get original loose copies of most of them for about $30 or less. I'd recommend making a list of the titles you want and doing some research on the going rate for each of them; if it adds up to $150 or so, definitely consider getting a Cuttle Cart 3, which will give you all of those titles plus the ultra-rare ones like Spiker! Super Pro Volleyball and Stadium Mud Buggies.

" The random and motley assortment of overlays. I'm pretty sure some of these were attacked by a rabid squirrel at some point. Squirrels must hate football though because those ones still look great "

This comment made me LOL. icon_mrgreen.gif

I have a "couple" extra Voice modules if you need one.

In addition to the games thegoldenband recommends, I would add Diner (the BurgerTime sequel) and Super Pro Decathlon. These games are among the semi-rare Intellivision titles, and I figure you can get original loose copies of most of them for about $30 or less. I'd recommend making a list of the titles you want and doing some research on the going rate for each of them; if it adds up to $150 or so, definitely consider getting a Cuttle Cart 3, which will give you all of those titles plus the ultra-rare ones like Spiker! Super Pro Volleyball and Stadium Mud Buggies.

I'll have to look and see which other games we want, etc. Got some YouTubing to do!

I'll have to look and see which other games we want, etc. Got some YouTubing to do!

Take a peek at the top 25 thread I bumped if you haven't already. Some good info there that might help give some direction to your YouTube quest.

• Like 1

Great pics... I see you posted 'em. You got a nice collection!

The Tandy handles better then the standard Intv? Hmmm :ponder:

It might be because of being in better condition maybe.

Well glad you got that 2nd unit then! :thumbsup:

If you like Intellivision a lot right away, it's only gonna get better,

takes time to use buttons and figure game strategies and things. After that it's smooth sailing.

Have you tried Ice Trek yet? Crazy game!