IGNORED

Gamebase TI-99/4A

OX.

Just a heads up for anyone that's interested in this project - I've currently exhausted all of my TI99 resources and have produced a list of stuff included in the project here - http://www.gamebase64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4611&start=30

If anyone knows of any games I've missed then please let me know so I can have them included.

When I one day get this thing finished you guys will be among the first to know and be directed to a download.

OX.

Just a heads up for anyone that's interested in this project - I've currently exhausted all of my TI99 resources and have produced a list of stuff included in the project here - http://www.gamebase64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4611&start=30

If anyone knows of any games I've missed then please let me know so I can have them included.

When I one day get this thing finished you guys will be among the first to know and be directed to a download.

OX.

That's a very impressive list you have there. I didn't even know that there's that much software for the TI-99/4A.

Looking forward seeing how this further develops :thumbsup:

WOW !

a lot of games !!! :D

really good work OX ! i see you inserted some italian games that was on my site... NICE ! :D

thankyou for the list so i will check out what i have already converted and what missing, just it will happen in next weeks, no lot time at the moment :(

instead i am very curious to see "Wumpus II" and "Dragon's Lair" :D

Thankyou for your work.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I know, I am really late to answer here. This is phenomenal work you are doing for the community.

As I am currently transfering disk after disk a huge ti-99 program collection from real 5.25" disks to disk image files on my pc, there will hopefully be even more games for your database.

One disk collection (250 disk images) comes from a guy in Austria, who was there in the early days of TI-99.

The other disk collection (~800 disk images) comes from a guy in Germany, who was there from beginning and active til the year 2008.

I can't give you the disk images now because they contain private stuff and copyright stuff as well.

You probably know better than me how much work it is to go through such a big collection of disks.

It will take some time...

Klaus

Hi!

I know, I am really late to answer here. This is phenomenal work you are doing for the community.

As I am currently transfering disk after disk a huge ti-99 program collection from real 5.25" disks to disk image files on my pc, there will hopefully be even more games for your database.

One disk collection (250 disk images) comes from a guy in Austria, who was there in the early days of TI-99.

The other disk collection (~800 disk images) comes from a guy in Germany, who was there from beginning and active til the year 2008.

I can't give you the disk images now because they contain private stuff and copyright stuff as well.

You probably know better than me how much work it is to go through such a big collection of disks.

It will take some time...

Klaus

Hi Klaus,

I would like to see this collection in V9T9 form but it is probably easier to check the list of games I already have in the project here - http://www.gamebase64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4611&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30 and tell me what you have that isn't already in there.

OX.

Very impressive. When will the gamebase itself be in a state to release to the public ? I mean you could release and still add software ?

:)

All the games are added, testing is just about finished it's now a case of adding some more screenshots & extras. It would be interesting to see what games (if any) are in Klaus's collection that aren't in Gamebase TI99/4a, I would reckon a handful at most but I would like to get everything into the project in one go - there won't be a 2nd edition from me as I've already spent 7 months on it and soon It'll time to move on to something else.

OX.

Please don't wait for my additions. There is no way, I can quickly check through 1000 disk images for games and rapidly decide if they are copyright protected, public domain or not meant for public use.

All I know so far: some are meant to be played from Ramdisk, some are meant to be played via 80columns cards, on GRam devices, some are for Mini Memory, Forth, Logo and other rarer programming environments. The rest is probably TI Basic, XB, E/A.

All publishable stuff will be avaiable in my CMS program database project. You can read about it here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/176994-project-ti-99-global-database-project-started/

Klaus

I didn't want to sound uninterested or strong. If I was, sorry about that.

Did you check out the games that are posted on the club errorfree page?

http://errorfree.de/Menu08.html

And about 100% completeness: I am sure, there will be revisions, if not done by you - but by others in the community.

How are you handling localized versions of the same game? There are several games, that got translated by magazines or user(group)s.

How are you handling game revisions? There were several little alterations of the source code on mostly basic games, also done by magazines or user(group)s? For example enhance the original code to use joysticks instead of keyboard, enhancing routines, speed up stuff, stuff like getting the player more lifes...

Klaus

• 5 months later...

An update on the Gamebase TI99/4A project - V1.0 is on schedule to finish in time for Christmas, links will follow on this forum.

And more than 2200 games. Totally unbelievable. :thumbsup:

Not all games, some are educational titles but the final figure for V1.0 is over 2600 - and then i've got another shitload of disks to go through to add when I do V2.0.