IGNORED

Meteor Shower

PacManPlus

Looks great. Nice graphics upgrade. Makes me wish I had a CC so I could play it on actual hardware.

Two player simultaneous is a great idea. I hope it works out.

I love Astroblast, though playing with paddles is a lot more fun than joystick (I have played the inty version). Still, given how touchy the 7800 is about paddles, lack of support is understandable.

Not an XM game... still, maybe consider making it HSC compatible? That would be sorta cool. The more the merrier, right?

Edited by Lendorien

On real hardware I can't get the high score screen to appear when I'm in single player mode. After the game ends the meteors keep coming and the bombs get stuck at the bottom of the screen.

Otherwise it looks great.

hmmm.... Works ok on the real thing for me, but I am using the below build. Give this one a go!

Added:

- Selectable 2 player simultaneous (shown as '1+2')

- Hyperspace! Pull down on the joystick. I was going to make this the second button, but I wanted to be compatable with as many joysticks as possible.

Still have to add the bonus player every 1000 points

Let me know!

MeteorSh.A78

MeteorSh.bin

Thanks guys!

Here is RC1, I've added the bonus lives every 1,000 points (I may make it 5,000)

There will be carts made of this, as soon as I can find some artwork to use for the label / box.

BTW, I took actual pictures of boulders found on the internet, reduced them to 4 colors, reduced the resolution to 16x16 and used them in this game. :)

Also, once you hit 100,000 a *second* saucer comes out to annoy you.

Thanks,

Bob

MeteorSh.A78

MeteorSh.bin

MeteorSP.A78

MeteorSP.bin

Fuuny how some male mention of paddle or analog support. I've only played Astroblast on the Atari 2600 with a joystick. I can only imagine a paddle or other analog control would make this shooter quite awkward.

Fantastic game, Bob. One of my (and my cousin's) favorites on the 2600 is indeed, Astroblast. This is an awesome similar game which of course you applied your usual magic touch.

Sure wish MESS would have its a7800 driver updated...Shooting is 'defective' there...Thankfully, we have ProSystem where it plays great.

Edited by Trebor

Thanks guys!

Here is RC1, I've added the bonus lives every 1,000 points (I may make it 5,000)

The game is way too easy on Normal mode with a bonus life every 1,000 points. I turned the game off when I got to 48,000 points and still had 8 lives.