Check the details below before voting!  

24 members have voted

1. 1. The top categories are:

• Up the Creek (paddles games)
    • Nintendo
    • Funsoft Raiders
    • Games from '81
    • Arcade War
    • Games that Roadrunner can do extremely well at!

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Vote for the High Score Club's *Bonus Round 10*. Everyone welcome to join in :)

Voting Closes Mon 6th June 10am BST

Still time to suggest other games for the categories. I've tweaked things a bit, and there will no doubt be more tweaking afoot ;) We will probably play 5-7 games over an extended period with similar points per player scoring to multi-game tourneys over last two seasons :ponder:

Possible games so far (with links):

'Up the creek' paddles games selection

Kaboom!, Super Breakout, Clowns and Baloons, Night Mission Pinball, Live Wire, Spy's Demise, Chicken (Synapse), Super Ball IV, Juggler (IDSI) and River Rat (not paddles but fits the theme!)

'Nintendo'

Donkey Kong Jr., Donkey Kong, Popeye (was this by nintendo?) , Mario Bros., Dr. Mario, Mario's Desert World

'Funsoft Raiders'

Flak, Snokie, and Time Runner plus The Lone Raider, Star Raiders, Klystron Raider

'Games from '81'

Crossfire, Darts (EMI), Race in Space (Analog), Dodge Racer, Protector, Caverns of Mars, Chomper, Lunar Lander

'Arcade War' (not wargaming/strategy games)

Night Mission Pinball, Missile Command+, Final Legacy, Tank Commander, Beach Head, Beach Head II, Raid Over Moscow, Computer War

'Games that Roadrunner can do fantastically amazingly good at?!'

Atari Invaders, Beef Drop, Robotron 2084, Galactic Chase, Threshold

phew :!:

I had to go with Funsoft/Raiders. Since my suggestion didn't make it, at least Star Raiders was included. If paddle games win, I'll lose out since I have to emu everything (and paddles + Stelladaptor doesn't work in Atari800Win.) I'll have to try it with Altirra.

I had to go with Funsoft/Raiders. Since my suggestion didn't make it, at least Star Raiders was included. If paddle games win, I'll lose out since I have to emu everything (and paddles + Stelladaptor doesn't work in Atari800Win.) I'll have to try it with Altirra.

Atari800winplus+4.0, Altirra and Atari800 2.2.0 emulators all can emulate paddles using the mouse. Has anyone used real paddles on an emulator before :?:

Where there ever BASIC games in he HSC?

I'd suggest: NERM OR BEMER, or DODGER (title insecure) for Basic Games.

That would be awesome too!

Edit:

I meant this game with Dodger:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-space-dodger_4820.html

It's awesome! (For Basic)

You've missed the boat for this round ;) You've got a couple on the play list for this season already and I'll add the others :thumbsup: We played a 'Best of BASIC' round a year agoish (and GSB was Turbo BASIC too) I sneak a few in under the radar, just ask Mr Amiga about his love for Briky :D

trbb is listening to Tenacious D and laughing out loud :)

I've used real paddles with Atari 2600 emulators (and the Stelladaptor) but, as Deteacher mentioned, paddles are not supported with the Atari 8-bit emus (as far as I know). Too bad, because the adapter really does work well with Circus Atari.

Oh, and Popeye (the arcade game) was a Nintendo release. It even had the same style cabinet as DK and DKJR.

Let's play some games!

Where there ever BASIC games in he HSC?

I'd suggest: NERM OR BEMER, or DODGER (title insecure) for Basic Games.

That would be awesome too!

Edit:

I meant this game with Dodger:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-space-dodger_4820.html

It's awesome! (For Basic)

Dodge Racer (Games from '81, above) is written in Basic. As I recall, it was Synapse's first game.

Also, I agree. Nerm of Bemer is a fun game. I think I typed it in back in the old days, but I can't remember for sure. Who published it?

Atari800winplus+4.0, Altirra and Atari800 2.2.0 emulators all can emulate paddles using the mouse. Has anyone used real paddles on an emulator before :?:

Blasphemy! :P

post-25215-0-90212900-1306890740_thumb.jpg

I usually use this 'emulator' ;'D

post-24811-0-51049000-1306899276_thumb.jpg

even works with paddles!

sloopy.

• Like 1

I usually use this 'emulator' ;'D

post-24811-0-51049000-1306899276_thumb.jpg

even works with paddles!

sloopy.

Yes, it works really well with paddles! The XLs and XEs really do emulate the original 400 and 800 quite well. ;)

I'm not a fan of Paddle games at all...

FUNSOFT RAIDERS (sounds like a football team)

Not much support for FUNSOFT RAIDERS. Since Lone Raider is in there, maybe the football team should be called the SILLY-NANNYS. ;)

Have no fear orpheuswaking, two of the so called paddle games (Chicken and Night Mission Pinball) can be played with joysticks. And that's how I might play them if that category wins, because my paddles are quite jittery these days.

Have no fear orpheuswaking, two of the so called paddle games (Chicken and Night Mission Pinball) can be played with joysticks. And that's how I might play them if that category wins, because my paddles are quite jittery these days.

You guys sure it's not a latent childhood fear from a wicked paddling? :P ;)